People with miles enjoy complimentary tickets or other benefits, including upgrading seats and baggage allowances by earning points that passenger receives after every trip. Therefore, the miles program has another advantage: transferring unused miles or points to their family and friends anytime. Delta being one of the best airlines in the US continues to please its passengers with its significant services. The transfer of miles on Delta where people help each other cover their points and avail the benefits. Hence, not only transfer, but people can also gift miles to their people as a gesture to travel the world. Read further for details on the transfer of Delta Miles.
Guidelines For Transfer Of Delta Miles
- Miles transfers are eligible for all SkyMiles awards.
- Once the miles are transferred from the miles transfer program, it is non-refundable.
- The transactions are completed in US dollars.
- The transfer miles are not applicable for Medallion status.
- SkyMiles program terms and conditions are applied.
- The passengers can deposit maximum miles of 3,00,000.
- The maximum number of miles that can be transferred is 150,000.
Miles Transaction Terms – Transfer Fee, and More
- Per transactions, the minimum or maximum mileage transfer can be 1000 and 30,000, respectively.
- The rate per mile is $0.01.
- There is a processing fee per transfer is $30.
- This includes applicable taxes.
- In a single transaction, a passenger can transfer up to 4 recipients.
Transfer Of Delta Miles Can Be Easily Done Online
- First, sign-up is compulsory for a Delta SkyMiles program to transfer miles from one account to another. There is a form that both the person has to fill out on Delta Airlines’ official website. The receiving account must be active for at least 10 days and collected a minimum of 1 mile to send or receive miles.
- Log in to the account with a unique account number to access important information. If a person already has an account, he can enter the account number and password to sign in.
- Proceed with the transfer miles receiver’s information form from Get to Know SkyMlies, which is on the upper right-hand side of the main page of the Delta Airlines website. There are options like gift, transfer, buy, or donate miles. Choose the transfer miles option on delta airlines. A new page will open from where the transfer will initiate.
To send Miles to your friends and family, visit the Delta Airlines Transfer Miles page
Things To Note About Online Transfer Of Delta Miles
- Fill out the form with the receiver’s information in order to transfer the miles from your account to another. One should know the name and SkyMiles account number. Add the recipient and mention the required details if necessary.
- One can add up to 4 people per transaction. It is helpful as a single transaction person can transfer to multiple people without paying extra transaction charges. At once, people can transfer up to 30,000 miles per member.
- Mention the number of miles that you want to transfer. However, the minimum number of miles should be at least 1000 in a single transaction.
- After choosing the number of miles, pay the transfer charges for the transaction. Therefore, with a $0.1 per mile rate, an extra processing fee of $30 plus tax will also be charged. For the fee, provide the credit card information and have to verify it from SkyMiles account information. Hence, transferring to multiple accounts in a single transaction is better.
- For transferring the miles, it would take a maximum time of 24 hours to reflect in the account. Once the miles are transferred, a notification will be received at the email address. If miles do not reflect after 24 hours in the account, contact the Delta service department.
- The bookings made using miles can be easily modified through the online Delta Airlines Manage Booking facility.
Transfer of Miles from Delta’s Partners
Suppose a passenger wants to book a ticket with miles and needs more points to book. Delta has many partners that a person can transfer from to the SkyMiles frequent flyer program.
Credit Card Partners
Delta has many credit card partners that allow you to convert credit card points into Delta miles. Therefore, the biggest partner is American Express. The points get converted into miles at a ratio of 1:1. There is one more Diners Club International, another domestic credit card partner of Delta with the same conversion ratios.
Hertz Car Rental Agency
Hertz is a car rental partner of Delta, and it is easy to transfer reward points to Delta. One can exchange 600-hertz points for 500 Delta miles by calling Hertz customer service.
However, many might not know that we can use Delta points to book hotel stays. Delta has several hotel partners who are together and take Delta miles. Instead, one can use a hotel credit card to earn Delta miles.
Some of the hotel partners are:
- Hilton Honors
- Marriott rewards
- Starwood preferred guest
- Taj inner circle
- Club Carlson
- Le Club Accor hotels
|Partner points||Transfer ratio to Delta SkyMiles||Minimum transfer|
|American Express membership rewards||1:1||1000 points|
|Diners club international||1:1||1000 points|
|Hertz gold plus rewards||1:2:1||600 points|
|Hilton Honors||10:1||10,000 points|
|Marriott rewards||2.8:1 to 5:1||10,000 points|
|Starwood preferred guest||1:1 to 0.8:1||2500 points|
|Hyatt gold passport||2.5:1||1250 points|
Use of Delta Miles with Other Airlines
Generally, people say about transferring miles from one airline to another but forget that the process is not quite simple. First, one must have complete knowledge of the procedures and know which airline is part of the alliance.
A travel alliance is a set of airlines that join together to support each other through referral business and different ways of integration. Moreover, the same alliance airlines refrain from serving in the same regions of the world, as it might impact the business of other airlines.
SkyMiles usage through SkyTeam Alliance
Some of the alliance partners of SkyTeam Alliance include
- Aero Mexico
- Air Europa
- Air France
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- Czech Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Korean Air
- Vietnam Airlines
Transfer of Delta Miles For Air France Bookings
Delta SkyMiles can be used to book Air France flights and vice versa. If a person has a SkyMiles membership, they can earn those miles and book the Air France flight. However, medallion members benefit from lounge access, priority airport services, and many more.
Ways to use Delta Miles on Air France
Delta SkyMiles and Air France members, including other partners, can use miles to travel to any destination. They can choose miles to book award travel for themselves or anybody, which would also work if a membership holder is not traveling with them.
- Visit the official website of Air France or use the airline app.
- See a box with Shop with Miles on the France website or a box that shows the price in miles on the app.
- Then, mention the flight preferences and continue with finding flights.
- Now, review the flexible award calendar, which displays the lowest price for particular dates.
- Choose the preferred flight and pay for the flight booking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I transfer other airlines’ miles to Delta?
Though one can transfer miles from other airlines to Delta, it is a complex task. People can transfer miles, but using miles from different airlines and directly booking the tickets with another airline would be easier.
Is there a charge to transfer Delta miles?
Yes, Delta charges a service cost to transfer miles to another user or account. The charge for one mile is one cent with an additional transaction charge of $30. Hence, transferring miles to multiple users is suggested to avoid transaction fees.
Can I add a family member to my Delta SkyMiles account?
Yes, Delta Airlines allow you to add only one member to the SkyMiles account.
How to transfer miles to Delta app?
One can transfer from Get to Know SkyMlies, which is on the upper right-hand side of the main page of the Delta Airlines website. There are options like gift, transfer, buy, or donate miles. Choose the transfer miles option on delta airlines. A new page will open from where the transfer will initiate.
Can you transfer miles to another person?
It is possible for individuals who are in the same frequent flyer program to transfer miles from one account to another.
Can you transfer Delta miles to KLM?
Miles cannot be transferred between airlines, even if they are of the same alliance. Therefore, users can use Delta miles to book flights on KLM.
Who is Delta SkyMiles’ partners?
Delta SkyMiles has many partners, some of them are:
- Aero Mexico
- Air Europa
- Air France
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- Czech Airlines
Can I transfer SkyMiles to Marriott?
Users can transfer their miles to points by earning more points for the next stay by transferring miles of airlines with Delta partners into Marriott Bonvoy points.
What is the conversion ratio for American Express credit cards?
The conversion ratio for Delta miles and American Express cards is 1:1, with a minimum transfer of 1000 points.
How many Delta miles can I transfer to another user?
One can transfer a maximum of 1,50,000 to other users’ accounts per year, with a transaction for a particular account being 30,000.
How to transfer Delta miles from Hertz car rental?
Delta miles can be transferred from Hertz car rental as it is car rental partner of Delta. It becomes easy to transfer miles. One can transfer 600 Hertz points to 500 Delta miles.
Can I transfer Delta miles to my Spouse?
Yes, users can transfer Delta miles to their family and friends. Thus, one can transfer miles at most to 4 SkyMiles members at a time.