Last updated on November 22nd, 2022 at 10:55 am
Anyone can easily customize the ticket change process after knowing Southwest Change Flight Policy. Southwest Airlines offers a very smooth procedure for changing flight tickets in minutes. You don’t have to spend too much effort making changes. Changing your ticket date under Southwest Airlines’ policy will not result in penalties. Southwest Airlines change Flight policy allows passengers to change flights 10 minutes before their scheduled departure. Read this blog thoroughly, and get the answer to ‘how to change southwest flight?’.
Southwest Change Flight Policy – Applied Conditions To Know Before Changing The Flight
If you buy your ticket online, you must follow the simple online process by keeping in mind some of the important Southwest Change Flight Policy listed below:
International Flight Change Policy
- For International Flights on Southwest Airlines, no extra charges are applied to pay for changes.
- You need to pay the difference in the ticket fare.
- If you’ve purchased Refundable International Flight Tickets, you will get the full refund in cash.
- For Non-refundable Southwest Flight Tickets, the refund will be credited as e-credit.
Southwest Airlines Changing Fare Classes Policy
- The cost of your Anytime fare will be converted into redeemable Travel Credits if you’re switching to a Business Select fare.
- You will need to pay any extra charges and taxes associated with your new fare if you modify your itinerary the same day.
Southwest Same Day Change Policy
- According to Southwest Same Day Change Flight Policy, you can change your reservation on the day of the flight’s departure.
- You don’t need to pay fees for making changes to your flight.
- You must make the changes at least two hours before the scheduled departure.
- For some reservations, only some of the service may be offered.
Call Southwest Airlines at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA or 1-800-435-9792 if you need to make a same-day modification to an international flight reservation or ask for an agent at the airport ticket counter. Remember that you cannot reserve a seat on an international flight more than two hours before departure.
Southwest Airlines Irregular Operations Policy
What is Irregular Operations in Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy?
When a problem arises at the time of departure or the day before travel restricts the customer from boarding the scheduled flight, the airline or ground operator working on behalf of the airline identifies irregular operations.
Any outbound flight affected by severe weather or conditions beyond the airline’s control is eligible for free adjustments under irregular operations in Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy.
Required Southwest Change Fees For Domestic or International Flights
Changing flight dates always depends on the fare type or route depending on the availability of the flight. Southwest Airlines may not charge you Southwest Change Fees for changing the date of your flight, but in a sense, you must pay the Southwest Airlines Change Fees by following airline rules and restrictions:
- Southwest Change Fees of $50 to $100 for domestic flight date changes.
- At the same time, International flight date changes will require Southwest Change Reservation cost from $150 to $200, depending on the ticket type.
How To Change Southwest Flight? Important Points To Learn For Making A Flight Change
The rescheduling policy will tell you the solution for “Southwest Change Reservation”. It is also the best way to know how to avoid unexpected fees. For example, if your flight booking is canceled, you should reschedule your flight.
- You can reschedule your flight by contacting the Southwest Change Reservation team.
- On the other hand, if you missed your flight, you can also reschedule your ticket. The rescheduling policy will save you lots of time and effort.
- However, you need to pay the rescheduling fee if applicable on your ticket type.
- Southwest airlines change flights require no fees but you must pay the fare difference between your original fare and the new fare.
- Significantly, you don’t have to pay Southwest Airlines Change Fees if you have a premium fare or elite status.
- Additionally, you can request standby and reach the airport 2 hours prior to your flight’s scheduled departure.
Guide To Change Your Southwest Airlines Flights
Through Official Site
- To start the online process, first, you need to visit the official Southwest Airlines website and log in to your account using one of your favorite browsers. You will need to enter your username and password to log in to your account.
- You can also skip the registration process and go directly to www.southwest.com and make any necessary changes to your flight.
- Once you get access, visit the “Cancel” field on the official website homepage, and a new page will appear on the screen asking you to enter your personal information.
- Then enter the confirmation number with all required details, including the passenger’s name, and proceed to the procedure.
- Please enter the correct name and booking number of the person who booked the flight. Unfortunately, if you forget your reservation code, you can either go on a trip booked with your Southwest account or check the confirmation email you received when booking your ticket.
- Once you have entered all the required information, your flight booking will be displayed. You must select a specific flight to make the necessary changes.
- As you change your flight, you can access this panel in the left column of the screen and choose to change your flight round trip or one-way.
- Then, enter all the details, make necessary changes and submit them appropriately.
- Lastly, you will get an email with updated flight details at the email address you specified as confirmation when booking your flight.
Through Southwest Mobile App
Have you recently booked with Southwest Airlines? But can’t you fly because of meaningful work? You can then easily change the flight date on Southwest Airlines App. However, this can only be done under Southwest Airlines’ date change policy, and everyone must follow it. Steps to change flight dates in the Southwest:
- Firstly, download the Mobile app of Southwest Airlines and then sign in with your credentials.
- Now, go to the Manage booking section
- Afterward, enter your booking number and name in the space provided.
- Then, click the Next tab.
- Lastly, select the flight whose date you want to change and follow the given instructions onscreen on your phone and change the date of the flight.
- Rebook Cancelled Flight, then follow the steps given above in the same order.
Ways To Reserve Seats On Other Flight After Changing
Flight reserved via money
If you booked your flight via money, you would get the difference as travel credit. So make sure to use them within one year.
Flight reserved via points
On the contrary, if you made the bookings with points, the difference fare will be back into your account from the place they were deducted.
Can I change my Southwest flight without paying the difference?
Southwest knows that plans change; that’s why they do not charge any fee if passengers change their minds. However, if they change their flight, they must pay the fare difference.
How do I change my flight on Southwest Airlines?
If you have downloaded the mobile app of southwest, you must open it and go to the manage my booking section, then click on the change button. If you are not logged in to your account, provide your booking number to fetch your booking. After that, selecting an outbound flight will let you change the departure airport.
Can you change flights to same-day on Southwest?
According to Southwest airlines policy, passengers can make same-day changes to their bookings from their flight’s departure. However, the passengers should change their flight 2 hours before their flight’s scheduled departure
How late can you change a Southwest flight?
Yes, passengers can change their flight bookings up to 10 minutes before the flight’s scheduled departure, even if they have checked in already. Meanwhile, dial the helpline number if a passenger is changing his ticket within 24 hours of flight departure, he must check in for his new flight after making the change.
How Do I Reschedule My Southwest Flight?
Passengers can quickly reschedule their flight by following the online process. Or even they can download the Southwest mobile app and make desired changes to their bookings in no time.