Last updated on October 19th, 2022 at 11:00 am
Have you made your reservation with SAS, and now it doesn’t suit you? Then, make changes according to your preference through the SAS Manage Booking option.
As no one wants to waste their hard-earned money and prefers modifications instead of cancelations. So, if you want to learn more about SAS manage booking, read the given blog thoroughly.
Step-by-Step Guide To Access SAS Airlines Manage Booking Section
- First of all, visit the SAS official site.
- Then, on the website’s front page, select your country.
- Press Enter.
- Afterward, click on the ‘My Booking’ tab on the homepage.
- Enter your details, the booking reference number, and your last name to retrieve the booking.
- Click on the search button.
- The list of your reservations will appear on the screen.
- Then, select from your existing booking to make desired changes.
- Make the payment using credit or debit cards and net banking if required.
- At last, you will receive a mail or text message from the airlines on your registered credentials.
SAS Scandinavian Airlines – Features Under Manage Booking Section
Scandinavian offers excellent features to its customer, which a passenger can use through the SAS manage booking feature. Therefore, to learn more about the amenities, read the details below:
Reserve Extra Seat For Your Comfort
Passengers who want to travel efficiently and comfortably can opt for an extra seat. Flyers traveling with SAS can choose a max of two seats in number.
Passengers with extra seats are not allowed to carry excess baggage. They are only allowed to carry bags per passenger per seat. Therefore, the fees for extra seats vary between $23 to $91.
Carry-on Extra Baggage On Your Journey
It sometimes happens that a passenger cannot travel light. In that case, he/she needs extra baggage, which he/she can opt for while making a reservation or after using the SAS manage booking feature.
Therefore, the prices during or after the reservation range between $20 – $105 for 23 kgs depending on the ticket type. At the same time, passengers who have booked extra baggage online 24 hours before the scheduled departure must pay between $25 – $119. A passenger who books excess baggage at the airport must pay between $65 and $119.
Avoid Rush & Check-in Online With SAS
On SAS, passengers can check in online to avoid all the hassles of the airport. The check-in opens 30 hours before the scheduled departure, and passengers can check in using the airline’s official site or the mobile app.
The online check-in includes multiple services: passengers can select their seats 30 to 1 hour before the scheduled take-off. At the same time, you can also download the boarding pass and can directly check in at the airport if you are not carrying a checked baggage.
In the case of checked baggage, passengers can take the print of the bags at the airport’s SAS self-service check-in machine and drop off the bags at the self-service bag drop counter.
Avail Yourself of On-Board Amenities
Customers traveling with Scandinavian Airlines can benefit from onboard services. On-Board services of the SAS include an add-on of beverages and food, Wi-Fi access, inflight entertainment, and many more.
Therefore, these services passengers can be chosen when making a reservation or after making the reservation using the manage booking feature.
Bring Your Pet Onboard with SAS
SAS is happy to have your pets on board. But the airline has some terms and conditions that a passenger has to follow to take his pet on board or as a checked-in pet.
As per the airline, the passenger has to inform about the pet 24 hours before the departure. At the same time, while traveling with a pet, the passenger has to arrive at the airport at least 2-3 hours before the scheduled departure.
The airline only allows a pet of at least 14 weeks to travel with all the necessary documents and certificates authorized by the vet. SAS allows per passenger per pet, including the pet container in the cabin, which gets settled under the passenger’s seat.
Meanwhile, passengers can carry pets as checked-in baggage whose dimensions should not exceed 40X25X23cms. Therefore, the cost for the pet in the cabin varies between $60 to $159.
Scandinavian Air – Manage Booking Policies (SAS)
SAS offers its customer multiple services that a flyer can manage using the SAS manage booking feature. Therefore, before making any kind of changes, you must know the guidelines that the airline is providing to its customers for flight changes, name/date changes, cancellation, refunds, and many more.
Policy to Change Your Flight That Already Booked
- Passengers who have booked their ticket with SAS airlines can change their flight within 24 hours of booking at no cost.
- Passengers who have made changes after 24 hours of booking have to pay the flight change fee and the difference in fare if applicable.
- Passengers who have made flight changes to the US and Asia have to contact customer support to make any changes.
Policy To Rebook Your Flight – Save Your Pocket
- Passengers traveling with regular tickets can rebook their ticket up to 1 hour before the scheduled take-off.
- Passengers with bonus tickets can rebook their flight 24 hours before the scheduled take-off.
- In the case of bonus tickets, flyers with a round trip cannot rebook themselves if they have utilized their partial ticket.
- In the case of rebooking, if a passenger gets a new flight for a higher fare than the original ticket fare, then the passenger has to pay the difference in fare.
- While making a rebooking, passengers have to pay a rebooking fee depending on the fare and ticket type.
- The airline doesn’t charge any fee on cabin classes SAS Plus Pro, Go Pro, and Business Pro.
Name Change/Correction Policy
- As per the airline, passengers can change or correct their names on the unused part of the ticket.
- Customers flying with a SAS bonus and regular tickets can change their name 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
- Scandinavian Airlines doesn’t allow its customer to change the passenger type in the ticket: adult, youth, or child.
- Passengers can change or correct their names at no cost within 24 hours of making a reservation.
- The airline charges a fee for name correction, approximately $80 per flight per passenger.
Book Favourite Seat by SAS Seat Selection Policy
- The airline offers online free-of-cost seat selection 30 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Passengers traveling on the domestic flight must check in at least 60 mins before the scheduled departure.
- Passengers traveling on an international flight must check in at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- The fees for seat selection vary and range between $10 to $91.
Travel with Your Baggage Under SAS Baggage Policy
- SAS allows its passenger to carry one under-seat bag at no cost.
- Passengers traveling with SAS Go Smart, Go Pro, Go Light, Go Bonus, plus Bonus tickets can carry one carry-on baggage.
- Passengers traveling with SAS Plus Pro, Plus Smart, Business Pro, Business Smart, and Business Bonus tickets can carry two carry-on bags.
- The dimensions of carry-on under-seat baggage should not exceed the dimensions of 40X30X15cms.
- The dimensions of the bags to be kept above the seats should not exceed dimensions 55X40X23cms with a maximum weight of 8kgs.
- Passengers traveling with Scandinavian Airlines are allowed to carry checked baggage depending upon the type of their ticket. Therefore, given below is the table customers should be aware of before flying with SAS airlines:
|Ticket type||Weight & Dimension||No. Of Baggage|
|SAS Plus Smart, Go Bonus, Go Smart||23kgs & 158cm.||1 bag per passenger|
|SAS Plus Bonus, Plus Pro||23kgs & 158cm.||2 bags per passenger|
|SAS Business Bonus, Business||32kgs & 158cm.||2 bags per passenger|
- Passengers traveling with Scandinavian Go light are not allowed to carry check-on baggage.
- If the bag’s weight exceeds 23 kg under some ticket type, the flyer must pay a charge between $45 to $60.
- In case the weight of bags exceeds more than 32 kg, then the flyer has to pay a charge between $70 to $130.
Cancellation Policy To Cancel Your Scandinavian Airlines flight
- Under SAS Airlines Cancellation Policy, customers who had booked with SAS airlines can cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking at no cost.
- Cancellation made within 24 hours of booking should have been done at least 7 days before the scheduled departure.
- The airline will charge you the cancelation fee if a passenger cancels the ticket after the risk-free period.
- In case a passenger faces cancellation from the end of the airline. In that case, the airline will compensate the passenger by providing two alternatives: by offering the alternative flight, or either passenger can claim a full refund.
- Customers who made their two-way booking can claim a refund for the unused part of the ticket.
- The airline doesn’t entertain swapping the methods while making any cancellation. According to them, the cancellation should be made using the same process through which the booking has been made.
Fees To Pay For Cancellation
- According to the airlines, passengers who have canceled their ticket 10 days before the scheduled departure will be counted as a No Show and have to pay a 100% fee, which will get deducted from the value of the ticket.
- Passengers who have made a reservation at least 7-10 days before the scheduled departure don’t have to pay any cancellation charges if cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking.
- The airline cancellation varies on the fare type, cabin class, and destination.
- The airline generally charges a cancellation fee of approximately $60 – $200.
- In case a passenger cancels the ticket at the end moment, then the airline will charge you the total ticket fare as a cancellation charge.
Request Refund Under SAS Airlines Refund Policy
- According to the SAS airline policy, all the tickets are refundable and are canceled within 24 hours of booking.
- Passengers can apply for a refund by simply filling out the refund form available on the airline’s official site.
- SAS Go light and Go Smart tickets are fully nonrefundable.
- In the case of group reservations, if a passenger cancels the ticket of a single or more passengers, then the airline will make a refund of the canceled ticket.
- The airline takes around 5 to 10 business days to give back the refund to the passenger on both international and domestic flights.
- Passengers who make the booking using credit or debit cards will get a refund on the same cards. At the same time, if a passenger makes a reservation using cash will get a refund according to his choice, whether in a bank account or a credit voucher.
- The passenger can claim a full refund if a flight gets delayed for 3 or more hours.
Can you carry a stroller as cabin baggage?
As per the airlines, a passenger traveling with 0-2 years of an infant can bring a child stroller, car seat, or cot on board. However, it should be within the weight and dimensions of the cabin baggage.
And the maximum size of the cabin baggage should not exceed 23X40X55cms with a max weight of up to 8kgs.
Where can I find my SAS booking number?
Passengers can find their SAS booking number in their itinerary or on their e-ticket in their mail. The booking number contains 5-6 characters.
How can you get the bag tags if you check in online?
As mentioned above, SAS offers its customers to pick up the bag tags at the airport using the self-service check-in machine. After that, passengers can tie the tags to their bags and drop them off at the bag drop counter.
Can you modify your reservations using the SAS Manage Booking?
SAS manage booking feature allows its passenger to modify their reservations. Therefore, to make any changes, passengers can go to the airline’s official site and, on the home page can search for the manage booking feature.
And to retrieve the booking, enter your personal details and, last, make desired changes to your reservation.
How do I rebook in SAS?
Passengers can rebook their flight through the manage booking option by visiting the official site. Passengers may need to pay the rebooking fee if required.