Are you wondering how to make a Korean Air flight change? If yes, then this guide is surely for you. It can be a really frustrating situation to make changes in your itinerary due to urgent work or a sudden change in plan. But you don’t have to worry because Korean Air has a very convenient flight change policy for its passengers. So, to know more about the Korean Air Flight Change Policy, fees, and other related details make sure to read the blog till the end.
What Does Korean Air Change Flight Policy State?
Here is an overview, given below about Korean Air Flight Change Policy:
- According to the Korean Air flight change policy, travelers can make changes in their flight ticket like changes in date, class of service time, and destination of travel as well.
- Passengers can make changes to their flight tickets irrespective of their ticket types.
- However, they might need to pay the flight change fee as well as the fare difference, if applicable.
- Travelers can only make changes in their flights which are operated by Korea Air. They can request to change flights on the reservation portal of Korea Air or at the customer desk of the airline.
- Korean Air doesn’t consider any modifications that were made from unauthorized channels.
- Travelers can only make changes in their names under the Korean Air flight change policy. However, they can’t transfer their flight ticket to someone else.
- Passengers don’t have to pay the flight change fee or any fare difference if they inform about the change to Korean Air within 14 days of scheduled departure.
Korean Air’s 24-hour Ticket Change Policy Explained
Here is an overview of Korean Air’s 24-hour flight ticket policy:
- As per the 24-hour flight ticket policy, flyers can change the date of their flight ticket within 24 hours without paying any fee. However, they might need to pay the fare difference for their new flight booking.
- Korean Air’s 24-hour flight change policy covers different types of flight tickets such as published, refundable, and non-refundable flight tickets.
- If a traveler books their Korean Air flight ticket from any third-party travel agency online or offline, then they need to pay the charges to make changes to their flight tickets. However, if they make changes within 24 hours, then no fee will be charged.
- Passengers can also change or correct their names on their flight tickets of Korean Air within 24 hours of tickets purchased.
- According to the Flight change policy of Korean Air mileage and reward, tickets are excluded from the 24-hour ticket change policy.
- As per the Korean Air flight change policy, Korean Air mileage and reward tickets are not covered under the 24-hour rule.
If you are looking to cancel your flight instead of changing it, read the Korean Air Cancellation Policy.
How To Change Korean Air Flight Date, Time, or Destination?
Korean Air allows passengers to make modifications to their flight reservations. Travelers can modify their travel date, flight time, and their flight origin/destination as well. They can alter their flight without any type of Korean Air flight booking, despite of the class cabin, or fare type. However, passengers must ensure that the flight in which they are making changes is operated by Korean Air.
Travelers can change or modify their Korean Air flight bookings in two ways:
- From the official website
- Via Call
Korean Air Flight Change through Manage Booking
Here’s the step-by-step process that helps you make changes to your Korean Air booking online –
- Firstly, visit the official website of Korean Air.
- Now, go to the ‘Korean Air Manage Booking’ section.
- After this enter your booking reference and your last name to proceed to retrieve your Korean Air booking.
- Now, you’ll get the flight booking page, tap on the ‘Change Flight’ tab, and choose your new travel date, destination, and time as per your requirement.
- After that, choose your new flight from the available flights, and click on the ‘Confirm my selection’ tab to proceed further.
- Once you make all the modifications, review all the flight changes and then move further to the payment section.
- After review, make the payment for the flight change fee or any applicable fare difference if any.
- After the successful payment, you’ll get the confirmation email on your E-mail ID.
Korean Air Flight Change By Contacting Live Representative
Passengers can request flight changes over a phone call by seeking help from Korean Air representatives. Travelers only need to pay the flight change fee and the fare difference (if any) for changing their flight. Moreover, Economy Prestige and First Class flyers don’t have to pay the fee for flight date changes. Travelers can follow the given instructions to request for flight change over a phone call:
- Firstly call the airline representative on their phone.
- Make sure that flyers keep their 13-digit e-ticket number handy before calling the representative.
- Now, travelers can request flight changes by providing their preferred flight times, dates, and destinations.
- Also, keep checking on the flight change fee, fare rules, and the fare difference if applicable to your flight reservation.
- If there is a fee or any fare difference is applicable then, make the payment via your credit/debit card over the phone call.
- Once you make the successful payment, you’ll get a confirmation mail along with your new flight itinerary at your valid E-mail ID.
Things To Note Before Changing A Korean Air Flight
Here are a few things that you must keep in mind while changing your Korean Air Flight.
- Buying flight tickets either from travel agents or from the airport: Passengers should buy their flight tickets online as it helps to reduce the amount of fare changed while booking the flight tickets with Korean Airlines.
- Getting travel insurance: Getting travel insurance helps travelers avail of various benefits while changing their travel tickets. With the help of travel insurance, they can execute the procedure of Korean Air Flight change for rescheduling their flights.
- Knowing the right time to buy online tickets: Passengers should check the price of the Korean Air flight ticket frequently so that they can buy the tickets at a lower price. And eventually, it will help them to make changes in their flights at lower prices.
How Much Is the Korean Air Flight Change Fee?
- Travelers can change their Korean Air flight by paying the change fee 24 hours after the initial purchase. The flight change charges are between $50 to $150.
- However, the cost of ticket changes depends upon the flight’s route, ticket type, distance traveled and the actual time remaining before the flight’s departure.
- In addition, the fee for Korean Air flight change for all foreign trips leaving from Korea depends on the itineraries, travel class, and types of adjustments made by the traveler.
- Passengers should make changes to their travel tickets as soon as possible because the charges increase if they make modifications close to the flight departure.
- As per Korean Air policy, passengers must pay the pricing difference and charges applied between their new and old tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Can I reschedule my Korean Air Flight?
Yes, you can cancel or reschedule your Korean Air flight. However, you need to pay the flight change charges depending on your fare class, routes, and other such factors.
Can I change my Korean Air flight for free?
Yes, you can make modifications to your reservation for free. But, you must be making changes in your Korean Air flight within 24 hours of ticket purchase.
How much does it cost to change Korean Air Flight?
Generally, the cost of a Korean Air flight lies between $50 to $150.Moreover, the fee also depends upon various factors such as flight’s route, ticket type, distance traveled, etc.
Can I change my Korean Air international flight booking online after purchase?
Yes, according to Korean Air flight changing policy, round, one-way, and multi-destination travel tickets that were booked or purchased online can be changed from the official website of the airline.
Can I change the Korean Air flight booking for other passengers online?
Yes, you can alter the Korean Air fight ticket of any other passenger. To change the flight ticket you need to select the name of the traveler. After that, a new reservation PNR will be generated for the changed flight schedule.
Can a traveler change a Korean Air reservation that hasn’t been paid for?
No, according to Korean Air change flight policy, all unpaid reservations are not allowed to be changed. Hence, a flyer needs to cancel their bookings in order to choose a new travel date.
How do I contact Korean Air for a flight change?
You can alter your Korean Air flight booking by contacting the airline representative. You need to dial the toll-free number which is 1 (800) 438-5000 and listen to the IVR instructions carefully. After this, make the required changes to your itinerary with the help of a Korean Air representative.
When can I change my Korean Air flight date?
If you have booked your flight ticket with Korean Air, then you can change the date of your flight two hours before the departure of your flight.
Can I modify my Korean Air flight booking if I have booked the tickets from a third Party?
Yes, you can make modifications to your flight bookings even if you have booked your tickets from a third party. However, you need to contact a third party to modify your itinerary.
Can I alter my Korean Air travel ticket Online?
Yes, you can alter your flight bookings online by visiting the Korean Air website and accessing the Manage Booking facility.