Last updated on December 28th, 2022 at 07:17 am
Like any other Airlines Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance depends upon certain set of rules set by the Airlines. Anyone can purchase Turkish Airlines extra baggage allowances from turkishairlines.com baggage, Via mobile app at the Check-In Counters or Sales Counter at the airport.
Use Turkish Airlines Baggage Calculator to calculate how much baggage allowance you have at your flight destination. Turkish Airlines works on a weight system for specific international destinations and another piece system for others, so check out the list of destinations before traveling.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance – A Complete Policy Guide
Extra baggage fees may vary according to different criteria of airlines like flight terms and conditions, waiting time, transit point, operating flight., transit point, and operating flight.
- First, make sure your total baggage allowance is displayed on your flight ticket.
- Due to operational capacity, your baggage may be transported on later flights without notification.
- In case the weight of your baggage is less than the purchased extra baggage allowance, the unused baggage allowance cannot be refunded.
- One piece of baggage shall not be more than 32 kg.
- Purchased extra baggage allowance cannot be transferred to another person.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance – For International & Domestic Flights
- Your Turkish Airlines carry on/cabin baggage allowance is determined by your class of travel, in accordance with Turkish Airlines’ baggage policy.
- The airlines allows free baggage allowance for up to two items. You may also transport one Turkish Airlines personal item weighing up to 4 kilograms.
- Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance International Flights is different for the economy and business class. Your free luggage allowance for international flights operated by Turkish Airlines ranges from 66 lbs (30 kg) in Business Class to 44 lbs (20 kg) in Economy Class.
- For domestic flights within Turkey, Turkish Airlines offers free baggage allowances ranging from 33-55 lb (15-25 kg) for Economy Class tickets to 66 lb/30 kg for Business Class.
- According to Turkish Airlines baggage weight, it should not weigh more than 32kg/70lb.
- According to Turkish Airlines Baggage size it shpould not exceed the limit of 62in/158cm (L + W + H).
Turkish Airlines Baggage Limit – Weight & Size
You can purchase up to 10 checked bags online subject to the conditions:
- The maximum weight of a bag is not exceeded 50lb/23kg per bag.
- The maximum size (L + W + H) of a bag is not exceeding 158cm/62inper bag.
- The maximum weight of the 10 bags is not exceeding 506lb/230kg.
- An excess baggage fee will apply per the prevailing baggage policy.
Various Ways to Add Extra Baggage at Turkish Airlines
Via Official Website
You can add your extra baggage by logging in to the Turkish Airlines Official Website and going to the baggage section; add your baggage whatever you want to add, go to the baggage section, and add your baggage whatever you want to add.
Passengers can easily add extra baggage when flying on Turkish Airlines. Follow the given steps to add baggage to your flights:
- To add the extra baggage to your itinerary, passengers need to visit the official site of Turkish airlines.
- Then, after visiting its homepage, locate the manage booking section.
- Afterward, click the add extra baggage option under the Turkish Airlines Manage booking section.
- After adding the required extra baggage, go to the payment page.
- Lastly, make the required payment to add extra baggage.
Via Mobile App
Turkish Airlines mobile application helps you to experience the best travel experience speeds by remembering your selections and extra baggage. In addition, you can use the application to benefit from features making your life easier.
Via Customer Service Helpline
A flyer can also call a customer care representative of Turkish airlines to add extra baggage to their itinerary:
- Firstly, get in touch with the representative using the Customer Assistance number.
- Secondly, provide your reservation details to retrieve your booking.
- Thirdly, ask for an additional baggage allowance.
- Then, select your required baggage allowance & proceed with the payment.
At The Airport
Another option is to ask for an extra baggage allowance at the airport. In order to do this, just visit any representative of your airline inside the airport, visit the ticket counter or the check-in counter & ask for additional baggage.
Turkish Airlines Extra Baggage Price
The cost of additional baggage depends on your total number of bags. Also, the combined dimensions of a single bag should not exceed 62 inches.
Turkish Airlines Delayed Baggage Compensation
To seek Delayed Baggage compensation for expenses incurred, you must make a claim against it —along with evidence of costs incurred during the Valid period—within 21 days of receiving your baggage. Delayed Baggage compensation for expenses incurred, you must make a claim against it —along with evidence of costs incurred during the Valid period—within 21 days of receiving your baggage.
Different Ways to Pay Turkish Airlines Baggage Fees
According to Turkish Airlines baggage policy, the checked baggage fee below applies to bags added within 24 hours of departure or at the airport.
Extra baggage fees may vary according to criteria like flight route and waiting time at the transit point. You can access all details about the method used for calculating extra baggage fees at the time of purchase.
Check-in/Manage booking in the manage booking option of Turkish airlines, anyone can pay or manage at the time of check-in
Pay Via Mobile App
The Turkish Airlines mobile application is the best way to pay your Turkish Airlines extra baggage price.
Pay At The Airport
Passengers are allotted to pay their baggage fees at the airport in the most convenient way. You also pay cash, Credit or debit card, or UPI.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the baggage allowance for Turkish Airlines International Flights?
For economy class, Turkish Airlines baggage limit is 23 kg and for business class, the weight limit is 32 kg for international flights.
Can I buy extra baggage with miles Turkish Airlines?
Yes, passengers can purchase additional baggage allowance for their itinerary by using Turkish Airlines Miles. Turkish Airlines provides passengers with an option to book extra baggage to their itinerary by redeeming their miles.
Is a backpack a personal item?
Airlines generally consider bag packs as personal items. However, the dimensions of your bag pack must come under the size rules for personal items for your respective airline.
Do Turkish Airlines weigh hand luggage?
Similar to most airlines, Turkish Airlines does not waste time weight hand luggage. This is, due to the fact that it’s next to impossible to carry something that weighs more than 8 kg, within the bag size that is permitted by Turkish to be allowed onboard.
Can I check in 3 bags with Turkish Airlines?
Through Turkish Airlines’ online channels, excess luggage can be booked in increments of 3 kg or 1 item up to 230 kg or 10 pieces. A single piece of luggage cannot be heavier than 32 kg. For over 32 kg, additional baggage must be transported separately.
Is Turkish Airlines strict with baggage?
Turkish Airlines’ free checked luggage policies can be a little confusing. Depending on where you’re traveling, you may be limited in the number of items you can check or just by the combined weight of your luggage.
How strict are Turkish Airlines with weight?
Yes. They will accept two bags weighing a combined 20 pounds. As far as I’m aware, Turkish Airlines’ Economy, International Check-in Baggage Limit is 23. Additionally, a single suitcase cannot weigh more than 32 pounds in any carrier.
What things are not allowed on Turkish Airlines?
Passengers can not carry a few items with them such as firearms & sharp items such as penknife, scissors, and pointed umbrellas in the cabin. Additionally, You are not allowed to carry gun-shaped lighters and toy guns.