Due to certain unexpected situations that arise suddenly, we fall into many problems. What about when you make a reservation but are unable to board on the date of departure? If there is an emergency and you are unable to board, you can change your flight schedule, which will save you money and time. Check out this Alaska Airlines Change Flight Guide, in which you will learn about policy, required fees, steps to change a flight by online and offline methods, and much more.
Alaska Airlines Change Flight Policy – Guidelines For Schedule Changes
- If you are changing your flight two weeks before the scheduled flight, then Alaska Airlines will not charge you any charges under Alaska Airlines Change Flight.
- Only you can change your flight ticket with Alaska Airlines if you purchased it through the airline’s official website, over the phone with a live representative, or at the airport help desk.
- If you know that you will be unable to reach the airport on the day of departure, then cancel or change your reservation, or inform the airline 24 hours prior to the scheduled flight. If you don’t do this, then the airline will apply its “no-show” policy to you and will hand over your seat to the standby passenger. Additionally, you will not be able to claim a refund.
- If you have purchased a non-refundable flight ticket and you fall under the “no-show” policy, then the whole ticket value will be confiscated.
- In your previous reservation, if you are changing your name, you will be able to change only three characters.
- If you fall under the “Same Day Flight Change Alaska Policy,” then you will be able to change your ticket without any charges.
- If you change the route, then you must pay the fare difference.
- If you have a refundable flight ticket or a first-class flight ticket, you can apply to change your flight at any time with no charges.
Alaska Airlines 24-Hour Change/Reschedule Flight Rule
- If you change your refundable flight tickets at Alaska Airlines within 24 hours of the scheduled flight, then you will not need to pay any charges.
- If you change your flight schedule within 24 hours of the booking time, you will be able to do this at no extra cost. Also, you will be eligible to claim a complete refund.
Rules For Same-Day Alaska Airlines Flight Changes
- According to the same-day change flight policy, you can change your flight on the day of departure and receive your new flight the next day.
- To fall under the same-day flight change policy, you have to check in first.
- You can check-in and change your flight online at the official website.
- For a flight change, you must have a valid reservation number and flight ticket.
- You have to apply for a flight change prior to the departure.
- You can change the route, but you will not be able to change the terminal.
- Under the same-day flight change policy, you will receive the new flight on the same day as your previous reservation.
- If you made a group reservation, then you have to navigate to the group reservation help desk to make changes.
Passengers Who Are Not Eligible For Same-Day Flight Change
- Saver Fare Holder
- Vacation Packages Holder
Alaska Airlines Change Flight Fees – 24 Hours & Same-Day
- If you are applying for a same-day confirmed flight change, then you will need to pay 25 to 50 USD. You don’t need to pay a fare difference.
- If you are only changing the flight date, then you will only need to pay the fare difference.
- If you are among the standby passengers, then you can pay 125 USD to change the flight to an earlier or later time.
- Up to 60 days prior to the scheduled flight, you can modify your trip dates for 125 USD.
- If the total distance between your departure and arrival locations is 500 miles or less, you must pay 25 USD to change the flight.
- If the total distance between your departure and arrival destinations is more than or equal to 501 miles, you will need to pay 50 USD to change the schedule of your flight.
How To Get Free Flight Change On Alaska Airlines?
- Try to change your flight 24 hours prior to the scheduled flight.
- Boost your mile account and spend it to pay for the charges.
- Be prepared with trip insurance.
- fall under the “same-day flight change” policy.
- Use the credit card of the airline to pay for the charges.
How To Change Flight On Alaska Airlines – Steps To Follow
Alaska Airlines allows passengers to change flight dates, times, and destinations both online and offline. Here’s a quick look at the various ways you can reschedule your Alaska Airlines flight with ease.
Change Flight Date via Alaska Airlines Official Site (Online Method)
1. Hit on the Manage option, which is located at the top of the booking form on the homepage of Alaska Airlines’ official site.
2. Fill in the passenger’s last name and the ticket confirmation code.
3. Hit on the “Continue” button, which is located below the text boxes.
4. Choose the flight from which you want to depart.
5. Now click on the new flight option.
6. On the same screen, have a look at the right side, where you will see the payment methods.
7. Click on the preferred payment method in the credit or debit card options.
8. Pay the necessary charges, and then you will be notified through email.
Via Alaska Airlines Mobile Application (Online Method)
- Open the app on your device and log in to your account with the correct login credentials.
- Navigate to the My Booking section.
- Now hit on the Manage Booking option for Alaska.
- Here you can change your flight, date, or name.
- After making changes to your reservation, pay the required fees.
Via Call To The Live Person At Alaska Airlines (Offline Method)
- First, contact an Alaska Airlines Live representative by dialing the toll-free number.
- Provide your reservation confirmation code or e-ticket number to them.
- Ask them for the new available flight on your desired date or time, and then they will let you know the charges if required.
- Pay the charges, and then you will get the confirmation code via email the same day.
Via Airport Helpdesk
- At the airport, navigate to the currency counter.
- Meet the live person.
- Provide the booking confirmation code or record locator.
- Ask them to change your flight.
- After that, the airline’s representative will let you know all the available options that can meet your requirements.
- Choose one of the available flights, and then they will tell you the required amount to pay if necessary.
- Pay for the necessary charges with your debit or credit card, and you will receive a confirmation email.
How To Change Award Flight On Alaska Airlines?
- Open the Alaska Airlines website.
- Sign in to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account.
- Open the “My Trip” section and choose the flight with which you want to switch.
- On the same screen, you have to click on the “Free Flight Change” option.
- Choose one of the given flights of your choice and pay the fare difference if you’ve changed the route or other information through Alaska Airlines Miles.
Steps To Change Flight ‘Date‘ Online – Alaska Airlines
When it comes to changing your flight date, you have to know the Date Change Policy first. As per the Alaska Airlines Change Flight Date policy, passengers can change their flight date 11 months prior to the scheduled flight with no extra charges. Check out the steps below to learn the process of changing an Alaska Airlines flight date.
- Open the official site of Alaska Airlines.
- Select the Alaska Airlines Manage Booking option.
- As per the ticket and confirmation mail, fill in your booking confirmation code and your last name.
- Now you can see every detail of your previous booking.
- Click on your ticket.
- After that, you have to choose the desired date.
- If the charges are required, then pay using the available payment methods.
- At last, your new boarding pass will be sent to your email account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I change my flight without paying a fee?
If you want to change your flight date without incurring extra charges, then try to change your itinerary within 24 hours of the booking or 7 days prior to the scheduled flight. If you have a non-refundable flight ticket, then you can pay for the required charges by using miles. Also, the airline allows passengers to change their flight with no fare difference on the same day under its same-day flight change policy.
Can you change a flight once booked?
Yes, you can change the flight that is already booked for free within 24 hours of the booking and up to 7 days before the scheduled flight. If you are changing your flight ticket 11 months prior to the departure, you will also not need to pay the charges. If you change your flight at the last minute, you may be charged the fare difference. You can check out the flight change policy to know the conditions that you must know before changing the flight.
How much does it cost to change the date of my flight?
A flight change will cost you between $25 and $125. You need to remember that the airline will charge you according to the distance between your departure destination and the new route. You will be required to pay additional fees if you change your flight late. You can also pay a fee of around $125 to standby passengers if you want to board the flight earlier or later depending on your needs.
How do you change a flight?
You can change a flight via online methods such as the official site or mobile applications or offline methods such as talking to a live representative on the phone or visiting the airport help desk. All the methods are reliable. Only you can change your flight tickets if you have already booked them with the officials. You will not be able to change your flight ticket with the officials if the ticket was booked by third-party agents. You have to contact the agent who helped you book your flight ticket if you want to make any sort of change to your reservation.
What happens if I change my flight on Alaska Airlines?
On Alaska Airlines, if you are changing your flight within the next 24 hours, you will be eligible for a complete refund. If you are changing your flight ticket by going beyond Alaska Airlines’ change flight policy, you will be required to pay the fare difference. Also, you will not be required to pay for the fare difference if you are changing your flight on the same day.
How late can you cancel a flight on Alaska Airlines?
With Alaska Airlines, if you want to be eligible for a complete refund, you can change your flight ticket up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled flight. If you are going to change your flight ticket within 24 hours of departure or after check-in, then you may need to pay for the fare difference.
Can I change my flight if I booked with miles?
Yes, passengers can change their booked flight whenever they want, even after check-in. If you are changing your flight after check-in, then you will need to pay for the fare difference that you can pay using your miles. Changes to a flight booked with miles can be made both online and in person. To change your ticket online, go to the official site or open the mobile app, then navigate to the “manage trip” section. Here, you can change the flight as per your requirement, and after that, you will see payment methods such as credit, debit, or miles. To change your ticket offline, call a live person and ask them to change your flight. They will then notify you of any additional fees, which you can pay in cash or miles.
Is there any way to change an Alaska Saver flight?
For the flight tickets that you have purchased on May 1, 2021, or later, you can only cancel. Keep in mind that the Saver flight ticket cannot be changed.