Last updated on November 23rd, 2022 at 09:22 am
Booked A Flight but decided to go for a trip the other day? In this situation. We have only two options left: the first is Cancellation & the second one will be changing option. Many passengers prefer to cancel the flight to get a full refund and book their flight on the other best & cheapest day. You are on the right page if you are looking for the Allegiant Airlines Cancellation guide. Here, you will learn the best ways for Allegiant Airlines to cancel a flight and the required charges for it.
It’s fair to assume that our plans may change from time to time. Thus, making it impossible to continue with our travel plans. That’s why we will discuss Allegiant cancellation policy today so that you can cancel your flight without hassle. In addition, we’ll also talk about claiming refunds & the 24-hour cancellation policy.
Allegiant Airlines Cancellation Policy – Things To Know Before Changing A Flight
For Trip Flex Flight Tickets
- According to Allegiant Airlines Cancellation Policy, Any flight ticket with Trip Flex travel insurance will not be subject to cancellation costs.
- Your Trip Flex can only be used once to cancel an Allegiant flight ticket.
- Passengers will be able to claim a refund if they make a cancellation by phone within 24 hours.
- Nevertheless, you will receive an Allegiant Credit Voucher if you cancel online.
For Non-Trip Flex Flight Tickets
The cancellation charge for Allegiant tickets without Trip Flex travel insurance has been lowered to $25 per person. You won’t get a cash refund if you cancel your ticket, but you will get an Allegiant Credit Voucher for future travel worth the cost of your ticket.
For Tickets Purchased By Cash & Points within 24 Hours
Any flight ticket may be cancelled within 24 hours for a full refund if purchased at least one week before departure and if it is not a part of a package deal that includes air and ground travel. All tickets, even those that are non-refundable, are subject to Allegiant’s 24-hour cancellation policy.
For Standard Tickets
- The normal fee for cancellation is $75. On a Standard Flight ticket, the airline will charge around $25 as a cancellation fee.
- Following the cancellation of your ticket, the remaining balance due will be deducted from an Allegiant Travel Credit that is not refundable.
For Trip Flex Tickets
- You can cancel any ticket within 24 hours of purchase on Allegiant Airlines without being charged a cancellation fee according to the airline’s cancellation policy for Trip Flex ticket add-ons.
- With Trip Flex, you can change the date or destination of your flight once, up to an hour before takeoff, without incurring any cancellation fees beyond 24 hours.
- Passengers will get a non-refundable credit for upcoming travel with Allegiant on cancellation of a Trip Flex flight ticket.
For Award Tickets (Tickets Purchased By Points)
- You won’t be charged a fee to modify or cancel your award ticket if the Trip Flex add-on is purchased along with your award ticket.
- You will be charged a USD 25 surcharge per person per ticket if you buy a standard ticket and alter or cancel it.
Guide To Allegiant Cancel Flight With Online & Offline Method
Allegiant Air Cancel Flight By Official Site – Online Method
Similar to most airlines, passengers can use Allegiant Manage Booking to access & interact with their reservations. Then, use it to apply for a flight cancellation according to the Allegiant Cancellation Policy. In order to do this procedure,
- Firstly, visit the official website at allegiantair.com.
- Secondly, on the top right corner, click on Manage Trip & select the method of retrieving your booking.
- Thirdly, enter the booking information & click on Find My Trip. Such as First Name, Last Name, Departure Date, Confirmation/Debit Card Number, Email Address & Password.
- Once the site retrieves your booking, click on Cancel Flight & proceed from there.
- After your cancellation request is done, the airline will send you a confirmation email, regarding the same.
Allegiant Air Cancellation By Talking To A Live Person
Another method of availing of the services of Allegiant Air is through the Customer Helpline. And yes, the passengers can use this to ask for a flight cancellation.
- Firstly, call the Allegiant Air Helpline (702) 505-8888 & follow the IVR instructions to connect with an airline representative.
- Secondly, provide your reservation details to the representative & then ask them to cancel your flight.
- Wait for them to process your request & note down any details they ask you to.
Quickest Method of Claiming an Allegiant Refund for Flights
As mentioned above, according to the Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy, no fare is eligible for a refund. However, there is an exception to this rule. That is to say, according to the 24-hour cancellation policy, if the passenger cancels their fares within 24 hours of booking.
Then, the airline will refund the complete amount of their booking. Although, there is no special procedure for this. Passengers only need to access their bookings using the Allegiant Airlines Manage Booking tool & apply for cancellation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cancel an Allegiant flight without trip Flex?
Yes, passengers can cancel any Allegiant ticket, but the benefit of Flex fares is that the airline will not charge you for cancellation.
Do you get charged for Cancelling Allegiant Flight?
Depending on the travel bundle, Allegiant may charge passengers for cancellations. That is to say passengers with the AllegiantBonus & AllegiantTotal Travel Bundles get free flight cancellation. But, for passengers with AllegiantBasic, the airline will deduct a cancellation charge from the voucher amount.
Can I cancel my Allegiant flight without a penalty?
Yes, according to Allegiant cancellation policy, passengers can request to cancel their flights without having to incur any penalty. However, it’s only possible if they purchase the Allegiant Bonus/Total Travel Bundle fare.
Can I cancel my Allegiant flight and refund?
If you cancel your reservation online or give notice to Allegiant Airline within 24hrs of your purchase, They will issue a full refund as long as your departure time was at least a week out when you made your reservation. Tickets purchased are not refundable after 24 hours.