Last updated on December 13th, 2022 at 09:32 am
Booking flights is no rocket science, yet it is a big task. Now, think if you have to make changes to your booking (depending on the situation you are stuck in). It’s a situation no one would like to be in. You actually can call yourself lucky if you have booked your tickets with Qantas airways. Firstly, Qantas is the third-largest operational airline in the world. To maintain its reputation and customer service experience, the airways provide extra-ordinary services and expertise help to its passengers. The Qantas change Flight query being the most popular among its passengers. Read the full blog to know more about it.
What is Qantas Change Flight?
Date Change – In case a passenger has a change of plans, they may change their travel date. However, Qantas Airways may charge you a fee for changing your travel dates.
Destination Change – It’s not unheard of for passengers to amend their travel destination for different reasons. Especially in times of uncertain lockdowns. Thus, Qantas allows its passengers to change their flight destinations.
Name Change – In case a passenger enters their name incorrectly while booking their fare or enters the wrong name. Then, Qantas Airways provides options to prevent the fare from being canceled.
- Name Correction – In short, passengers can amend their names on a Qantas ticket or dial +1-888-906-0670. However, there are specific guidelines that dictate the name correction process:
- Passenger’s first name be corrected as many times as you wish.
- However, the passengers can only amend their last names once. In addition to that, the passenger can only make corrections up to 3 letters.
- Name Change – Qantas Airways passengers can change the complete name on the ticket. In order to transfer the ticket to another person. However, Name Change is only eligible for domestic flights within Australia.
Terms & Conditions
Change of Destination
- Firstly, for bookings made using Classic Flight Rewards, passengers will need to:
- Cancel Flight
- Request Refund
- Rebook the Flight
- Secondly, destination changes for Points Plus Pay fares require:
- Cancel Flight & request Flight Credit
- Redeem the credits while rebooking
- Pay any additional fees/charges.
Also, any additional fees & charges might be due to the price difference between the original & the new fare.
Change of Travel Date/Time
- Firstly, the eligibility of a fare for change depends on flight type & booking method. Thus, below is a table detailing the changes you can make to your flight.
|Types of Bookings||International Flights||Point Plus Pay||Classic Flight Rewards|
|Bookings made online||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bookings Made Through Qantas Office||Yes|
|One Way or Return Bookings||Yes|
|Bookings with Airline Partners||Yes|
|Departure Within 24 Hours||Yes||No|
- Secondly, another factor that decides the eligibility of a fare for changes is the fare class.
|Types of Fare||Change Eligibility Based on Location|
|Africa||Asia||Australia||Fiji||French Polynesia||New Caledonia||New Zealand||Papua New Guinea||Vanuatu|
|Premium Economy Sale||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Premium Economy Saver||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Premium Economy Flex||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Firstly, you can amend your first name as many times as you wish.
- Secondly, passengers can correct up to 3 letters of their surname once.
- However, in case you wish to make a correction worth more than three letters on the surname. Then, there are special provisions for it. That is to say, surname correction of more than three letters is possible, if:
- In the case of Marriage
- Court Ordered Name Change
- Name Transposed on Ticket
A Guide to Changing Flight Dates on Qantas
- Firstly, visit the official website for Qantas Airways or call the qantas helpline at +1-888-906-0670.
- Secondly, select Manage Booking on the Homepage & enter your booking information. Then, click on the Search icon.
- Booking/Flight Credit/Voucher Reference
- Passenger’s Last Name
- Thirdly, next to the flight panel, select the Change button.
- Fourthly, make any amendments you wish to & click on Save Changes.
- Lastly, pay any charges/fees.
The airline will now process your request & send you a confirmation mail. Once the processing is complete, the airline will reissue your fare.
|Customer Service Line||Phone No: +1 1800 227 4500|
|Frequent Flyer Membership Enquiry||Phone No: 1800 227 4220|
|Reward Points Booking Assistance||Phone No: 1800 227 4220|
|Qantas Corporate Head Office||Phone No: +61 2 9691 3636|
|Address Qantas, 10 Bourke Road Mascot NSW 2020 Australia|
|Lost & Found||Phone No: +1 866 767 2247|
|Baggage Assistance||Phone No: +1 866 767 2247|
Frequently Asked Questions
In short, to change your Qantas flight, you need to get access to your booking. In order to do that, you can use the Qantas Manage Reservation option:
· Firstly, visit the Qantas website & click on Manage Booking.
· Secondly, fill in your reservation details & click on the search icon.
o Booking Reference
o Last Name
· Lastly, pay any charges or fees pending.
In short, yes, most airlines in the U.S. allow passengers to alter their flight dates. However, whether they incur charges can differ from airline to airline & depends on factors like:
· Firstly, the price difference between the original & reissued fare.
· Secondly, fare upgrade. if you are still confused that how do I change the flight date with Ryanair then you can call customer service at +1-888-906-0670 for help.
· Thirdly, increase in fuel costs or taxes, etc.
In case a passenger cannot make the flight due to a change of plans, Qantas provides them with the ability to cancel their flight. Also, depending on your fare type, you can avail of the total fare amount in a refund. However, refund claims are dictated by specific guidelines & policies.