The restrictions laid by the federal government due to the sudden outbreak of covid-19 made several changes in the flights. To be more flexible, Air Canada update its change flight policy to be more affordable and generous for its passengers.
Making changes to your flight was not that big deal when you had booked your tickets with Air Canada. Air Canada representatives are always available to assist you with Air Canada Change Flight.
Air Canada Change Flight Policy – Complete Guide
If you are changing your flight within the first 24 hours of booking your flight then the modification you will do will be free of cost. Check out these standard rules for more details:
- Air Canada’s Change Flight Policy only works for those tickets that purchase on aircanada.com.
- Air Canada Change Flight Policy applies under all circumstances regardless of the type of tickets, number of tickets, and class of service.
- You can change your Air Canada Flight without paying any charges. dial the helpline number at +1-888-906-0670.
- According to the Air Canada Change flight policy, you can reuse all funds on your future travel if the tickets have been cancelled as per the No-Show Policy. It should be at least 45 minutes before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- If you are changing your flight after one day or failed to do it within the first 24 hours then you need to pay some amount of fee as per your fare type and ticket choice.
- If informing the airlines about your plans of changing flights in advance, then airlines may waive some change fees.
- Air Canada Change fee policy allows all passengers to make some modifications to their flight if necessary.
- If you are changing your Air Canada change flight at the airport or the Air Canada ticketing office, then Air Canada has the right to change the administration fee.
See also: Air Canada Seat Selection Policy
Within 24 hours Flight Change Policy
If you have changed your flight moment after you brought the tickets within 24 hours of booking, you will not be charged any fee for changing your flight. However, you need to pay the fare difference if there is any. You can also request a full refund after the cancellation of your flight regardless of the class of fares. It also applies to the fare types, the number of tickets, and service class.
This policy would apply to both the restricted and non-restricted fares. The booking made through the mileage or future travel credit does not come under the Air Canada Change Flight within the 24-hours Policy.
Air Canada Same Day Flight Change
Are you planning to fly early or late on the day of your departure? Air Canada allows customers to make the same-day Change Policy. Air Canada charges $125 for confirming the same-day flight change. The same-day changes can be requested by the passengers on the same day or at midnight in the passenger’s time zone respectively. In the list given below, you will find the necessary details about the Air Canada Same Day Change Policy:
- The same-day policy of Air Canada cannot apply to the basic fares.
- Passengers need to change the flight on the same day as the scheduled departure flight.
- The flight you are changing to needs to have similar stops as the originally scheduled flights.
- There is no need for Air Canada mileage members to pay the change fee and also, they can change their flight at the beginning of 24 hours before the scheduled flights.
- Passengers who have purchased Air Canada’s Business, Premium, and comfort class tickets, then you do not need to pay for the same-day flight change. Or you can say the passengers who have the refundable tickets, do not need to pay the fee for the same-day flight change.
Air Canada Change Fee – Complete List For Different Travel Class
|Air Canada Flight Ticket
|Same Day Change Fee
|Changes are not allowed
|Business Class Fares
How Can You Change Your Flight Ticket With Air Canada? – The Process
It is a very simple process that you need to follow to change the Air Canada flight. The steps to change are given below:
The Online Process To Change Flight
1. To change your flight, you need to go to the official website of Air Canada and then fill in your credentials.
2. Then you need to click on the manage booking tab.
3. Now you need to put your last name and a ticket number.
4. Click on the itinerary you want to manage.
5. Select the change flight option and make all the relevant changes you need to do.
6. Save all the changes you need to do.
7. A confirmation mail will be sent to your email or phone.
Air Canada Change Flight Phone Number
- First, dial +1-888-906-0670.
- Carefully, listen to the IVR menu to connect with the live agent of the airline.
- After connecting, ask the agent to make changes to your flight.
- Tell the agent your last name, and ticket confirmation number so that he can make changes.
- Make the payment to complete the process.
- In the end, a confirmation mail will be sent to your phone or email.
What is Air Canada Date Change Policy?
Air Canada Change policy allows passengers to change the date of their flight. You can change your flight date up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight. The change can only happen online or through the official website of Air Canada.
Air Canada Date Change Process
The process of date changing as mentioned below:
- First, you need to go to the official website of Air Canada.
- Then, click on the ‘My Booking’ tab under the manage my booking feature.
- Select the flight to make changes.
- Now, you need to pay the fee to change, if applicable.
- After confirming the changes, you will get a notification on your Phone or E-mail ID.
Air Canada Date Change Fees
If you have made any changes within the first 24 hours of booking are free. Else, Air Canada will charge $60 as a date change fee.
Can I Reschedule My Flight? – Yes, Let’s Check The Process
Booking an Air Canada flight is a simple task and simpler to reschedule your flights. To do so you just need to follow some basic steps that are given below:
- To get your flight rescheduled, you need to go to the Air Canada website and then fill in your credentials.
- Then you need to click on “My Trip”.
- Now you need to put your last name, your credit card, and your confirmation number.
- Click on the itinerary you want to manage.
- Select the change flight option.
- Then select your new itinerary.
- If you want to select a standby flight then a fee will be charged to board the standby flight.
- After that, a confirmation mail will be sent to your mail and phone.
Can I change my Air Canada flight date for free?
Yes! If you are changing your flight within a 24-hours window then there is no fee you need to pay. Or you can make free changes 5 days before the scheduled departure. Else, changes made after 24 hours will be levied to you with a charge of $60.
How much does it cost to change a flight with Air Canada?
According to Air Canada, the airline charge a fee of $100 or $25 as a flight change fee depending on the time period left in your departure.
What is Air Canada change policy?
Air Canada change flight policy states that changes made within 24 hours of booking are free of charge. On the other hand, changes made after 24 hours of booking will levy you with the flight change fee.
Are Air Canada tickets transferable?
The Air Canada tickets are non-transferable. But you can use your refund amount for future bookings.