Last updated on December 7th, 2022 at 02:12 am
Whether you’re going on a short or lengthy trip, you’ll likely be carrying baggage. Now it all depends on where you’re going and the duration of your trip. However, you will bring all of the items you require on your journey. When it comes to Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance and policies, they are quite good. And when we find ourselves in a scenario where we need to carry a large amount of baggage, flexible excess baggage policies be beneficial.
This blog aims to share all the relevant information regarding Qatar Airways baggage allowance and policies and important related details.
A Brief on Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance & Policy
- For all flights (apart from those going from/to Africa or the Americas) using the weight concept, Qatar Airways Baggage Policy is very flexible.
- Depending on the route, the Qatar Airways baggage allowance economy ranges from 55 pounds (25 kg) to 77 pounds (35 kg).
- Despite the fact that this limit is generous, look out for the Qatar Baggage Allowance for Qatar, which is charged per kilogram and therefore can add up fast.
Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance – Carry on and Checked Baggage
Some personal items, such as a women’s handbag, a small briefcase, cameras, duty-free goods (bought on the day of your flight), or walking sticks, won’t count towards your personal baggage allowance according to Qatar Airways. A laptop bag won’t be regarded as a personal item and has to fit in your allotted amount of hand luggage.
Carry-on bags can be brought into the cabin of the aircraft, also referred to as cabin bag or cabin baggage. This piece of luggage is typically kept in the overhead locker, which is located above a passenger’s seat and is not checked in prior to a customer’s flight.
The maximum amount permitted for this use is:
- First and Business Class Allowance: For First and Business Class, you can bring two pieces of luggage with a combined weight of not more than 15 kg and a maximum size of 50x37x25 cm.
- Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance Economy: For Economy class, you are only allowed to bring one piece of luggage that is no heavier than 7kg and no larger than 50 x 37 x 25 cm.
Laptops and their cases must not exceed the cabin baggage limit.
On Qatar Airways trips to/from Africa and the Americas, the Piece Policy is in practice regarding checked luggage allowances. The weight policy determines the checked luggage limits for all other flights. No matter whose baggage policy is in effect, Qatar Airways will only accept one checked baggage that weighs not more than 32 kg (70 lbs).
Qatar Airways International Baggage Allowance
First & Business Class: 2 items which should not exceed the max. dimensions of 62in/ and weight of 70lb/ 32kg 158cm.
Economy Class: 2 items which should not exceed the max. dimensions of 62in/ 158cm and weight of 50lb/ 23kg.
Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance – For Weight and Size
The max weight and size that can be carried with Qatar Airways Baggage are listed below.
- A bag’s dimensions shouldn’t go over the 158 cm maximum. The maximum Qatar airways baggage size you are allowed is 300 cm.
- The maximum Qatar airways baggage weight for each item of allowed baggage is 32 kg/70 pounds. This mainly applies to Checked Baggage allowance and adheres to per-piece limits. This indicates that a piece of luggage may carry a maximum weight of 32 kg.
Depending on how much additional baggage you choose to bring, you will be charged extra. When purchasing tickets on the Qatar website, you can carry out this action online.
Qatar Airways Extra Baggage Allowance
- The amount of baggage allowed varies depending on the cabin and route class.
- Undoubtedly, Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance is pretty reasonable for flights using the weight concept and piece concept.
- Carrying unique items, such as wheelchairs and sporting equipment.
- Qatar Airways can purchase additional baggage up to three hours before departure if you wish to carry more than your allowed baggage allowance. need to know more info by calling at +1-888-503-5253.
It’s the cherry on top when you travel with confidence and know you’ve packed everything you’ll need for your trip. But, on the other hand, overweight/excess baggage charges could be expensive.
Important Highlights of Qatar Airways Extra Baggage Policy
The fees and seasonal restrictions associated with a Qatar Airways flight reservation vary depending on the trip destination and ticket conditions. The Qatar Baggage Allowance for extra baggage highlights is listed below –
- Qatar Airways Baggage Policy states that checked bags beyond 320 cm/126 linear inches will not be accepted.
- Extra baggage must not weigh more than 45 kilograms on Qatar Airways-operated flights.
- Passengers in Qatar Airways First and Business Class can take up to three bags weighing 32 kg each at no additional fee.
- Different baggage rules may apply if the Qatar Airways ticket itinerary involves a flight from another carrier.
- Moreover, according to Qatar Airways Excess Baggage policy, overweight baggage taxes are decided by the territory served by the flight.
Guide to Purchase Qatar Airways Excess Baggage
Excess baggage can be purchased if you wish to carry more than your permitted baggage allowance. Furthermore, extra baggage can also be purchased at the check-in counter when check-in at the airport. Let’s look at the steps below to add excess baggage.
Steps To Purchase Qatar Airways Excess Baggage
- Firstly visit the Qatar Airways official website or call the Qatar helpline at +1-888-503-5253.
- Secondly, select the manage booking option.
- Thirdly, you will need to enter the Privilege Club number/PNR/ticket number and last name.
- Your booking will be retrieved.
- Finally, select the “Purchase Excess baggage” option on the right side to buy extra baggage online.
Check Qatar Airways Excess Baggage Fee
Purchase Extra Baggage Online in Advance
Extra luggage limits can be purchased directly through the Qatar Airways website up to six hours before departure at a discount of up to 50%. Above all, the preferred excess baggage rate is calculated per kilogram or 2.2 lb which you can check on qatarairways.com. Qatar Airways Extra Baggage Price for International flights is listed below:
|From/To||Europe||ISC & Pakistan||South/East Asia||Central Asia||Japan & Korea||Australasia||GCC||Levant||Iran||Qatar|
|ISC & Pakistan||$30||$30||$30||$30||$30||$40||$20||$20||$20||$20|
|Japan & Korea||$40||$30||$30||$40||$40||$55||$30||$30||$30||$30|
|Qatar||QR 50||QR 22||QR 60||QR 65||QR 70||QR 90||QR 30||QR 30||QR 40||–|
Purchase Extra Baggage During Check-in At The Airport
Qatar Airways offers standard rates for purchases made within 6 hours of your flight departure at its airport office and the check-in counters only. Above all, the preferred excess baggage rate is calculated per kilogram or 2.2 lb.
|From/To||Europe & Pakistan||ISC||South/East Asia||Central Asia||Japan, Korea||Australasia||GCC||Levant||Iran||Qatar|
|Qatar||QR 80||QR 60||QR 90||QR 100||QR 110||QR 140||QR 40||QR 50||QR 60||–|
Additional Information – Qatar Airways Baggage Fees
The following summarizes the Qatar Airways baggage fee, you need to pay to check your luggage for international and domestic flights.
|Baggage category||Fee||Max Weight||Max Size (L+W+H)|
|First checked bag||$30||50 lb||62 Linear Inches|
|Second checked bag||$45||50 lb||62 Linear Inches|
|Third checked bag||$150||50 lb||62 Linear Inches|
|Fourth (+) checked bag||$200||50 lb||62 Linear Inches|
Qatar Airways Excess Baggage Benefits for Privilege Club Members
Members of the Privilege Club, who are frequent flyers, are entitled to Qatar Airways’ excess baggage allowance. However, they are given a standard baggage allowance based on their membership tier status. Let’s understand all 4 categories in detail.
|Membership Tier||Additional Baggage Allowance|
|weight concept routes||piece concept routes|
|Silver||+ 15kg/33lb||+ 1 pc.|
|Gold||+ 20kg/44lb||+ 1 pc.|
|Platinum||+ 25kg/55lb||+ 2 pcs.|
Increase Qatar Airways Excess Baggage Allowance
|Upgrade to First or Business or Class||You’ll pack a preferably heavier case when you upgrade a Qatar Airways ticket to First or Business Class.|
|Join the Qatar Airways Privilege Club||There are 4 levels – Burgundy Silver, Gold and Platinum Three of the four give you some free additional baggage.|
Know more about baggage policy, additional allowance & fees, connect with Qatar Airways Manage Booking for help.
How much does it cost to carry excess weight on Qatar Airways?
As per Qatar Airways, the route determines Qatar Airways Excess Baggage Fee.
For weight-associated routes, additional weight is levied per kg.
For piece-associated routes, the charges are:
● Online Booking – $200
● Offline Booking – $250
Is Qatar Airways Policy on extra baggage strict?
According to Qatar Airways Baggage size and dimensions (extra baggage) – length, breadth, and height should not be more than 300 cm in weight and 158 centimeters in length. Furthermore, a single piece of checked-in baggage should not weigh more than 32kg/70lb. Therefore, if your ticket’s weight/piece allowance is exceeded, you will be required to pay extra baggage fees.
Is a laptop bag allowed on Qatar Airways?
Yes, your laptop and its accessories must fit in hand baggage allowance. If your allowance is one piece, you cannot bring your laptop on board in a separate bag next to your hand luggage because this would count as two pieces.
How much does an extra bag cost on Qatar Airways?
The cost of extra baggage with Qatar Airways varies depending on where you’re flying to and from. Let’s understand with a few examples given below:
- UAE to the Philippines
- You can purchase 1 extra kilogram
- It’ll cost you
- online before the flight – $25 or Dh92
- Airport – $30 or Dh111
- UAE to the Canada or US
- You need to pay per extra bag and not per extra kilogram
- It’ll cost you
- For the first bag in advance – $50 or Dh184
- Check-in desk – $65 or Dh239
- Subsequent pieces will cost
- Online – $200 or Dh735
- Airport – $250 or Dh918
Is it possible to purchase Qatar Airways Excess Baggage allowance on reservations in advance?
Yes, an extra baggage allowance can be purchased in advance online for a lower price than at the airport. This additional allowance can be bought when you book your flight until 72 hours before departure. After that, the cost is determined by the destination. If you book online, the Qatar extra baggage cost is $40 per kilogram.
How much additional baggage is allowed on Qatar Airways?
Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 5 pieces or 100 kilograms when they paid for excess baggage. if you want to get more information about Qatar Airways Baggage Policy then you can dial +1-888-503-5253.