Before Packing bags for any trip, knowing about the terms and conditions of the airline on which we are going to board becomes a priority. It is essential because if you exceed the limit of the luggage, you will need to pay the penalty, and nobody wants to get stuck in such situations. If you booked your flight ticket with Air France, you are at the right place. This guide will teach you about Air France Baggage Policy, Air France Carry on size, Dimensions, Quantity, Fees, and more. Check out this complete guide to save yourself from paying the charges for luggage.
Air France Carry on Baggage Allowance Policy & Dimensions
- In Economy, a single bag with measurements of 55 x 35 x 25 cm (21.7 x 13.8 x 9.9 in) and one personal item with dimensions of 40 x 30 x 15 cm (16 x 12 x 6 in) are allowed under Air France Baggage Policy. The combined weight cannot be more than 12 pounds/26.4 pounds.
- All “Business” and “La Première” international journeys are allowed two handbags and one personal item. All things must weigh no more than 18 kg/39.7 pounds.
- The Air France Carry On Size of an instrument must not exceed 115 cm/45 inches in order to be checked as hand baggage.
- Air France customer service must be consulted in advance and given at least 48 hours notice for larger musical instruments.
- The placement of such instruments on one or more additional seats, which the passenger is responsible for paying for, is required. There is a 46 kg/101-pound maximum weight per seat.
Items For Infants
- If an infant is traveling on your lap, you will be able to carry an item of around 12 pounds that should not exceed 55 x 35 x 25 cm/ 21 x 13 x 9 in size.
- Booze produced at home
- Campfires with gas-powered stoves
Air France Checked Baggage Policy & Dimensions
- In Economy Class, the weight of your luggage under 1 x 23 kg/ 50.7 pounds is free of cost.
- In Premium Economy Class, you can carry luggage under 2 x 23 kg is required at no charge.
- In Business Class, under 2 x 32 kg/ 70.5 of luggage are allowed for free.
- In La Première, the weight of luggage under 3 x 32 kg required no fees.
Air France Airlines Checked Baggage Policy & Luggage Dimensions For Children
- The exact amount of luggage allowed for children who have their seats.
- Children flying on an individual’s lap are permitted one piece of carry on bag that weighs less than 12 kg and has a maximum size of 55 x 35 cm and one extra carry on bag up to 10 kg.
- The Flight cabin can also accommodate a car seat and a folded stroller.
Required Fees For Air France Baggage Allowance
Air France Baggage Fees For Checked Items
According to your flight class & fare, you are allowed a certain amount of checked in luggage. Total item dimensions can’t be more than 158 cm. Unfortunately, no checked luggage choices are available for Low and Basic prices. Costs for these under Air France Baggage Policy start at €25 online and €40 at the terminal, and you have to buy them.
Air France Extra Baggage Fee International Or Domestic Flights
Air France Airlines will charge you more for checked bags depending on your pricing, flight route, and distance. The price per bag ranges from €55 to €285 and will be more if booked at the terminal.
Additional Baggage Charges For An Additional Baggage Item With Location
- Standard Class Fare: 70 Euros
- Mini or Basic or Light Class Fare: 35 Euros
With Europe (including Armenia, Russia, Turkey, and Ukraine)
- Standard Fare: 70 Euros
- Mini or Basic or Fare: 1st 40 Euros
Between Europe and North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, or Israel)
- Standard Class Fare: 70 Euros
- Mini or Basic or Light Fare: 40s Euro
Guide To Purchase Additional Luggage At Air France
Air France offers an Additional Baggage Option to make it possible for a flyer to travel with all of their essential things to leave nothing important.
One can easily purchase an additional baggage option when needed in both ways, namely, online by Air France Manage Booking option and offline; one can also pay both ways online and offline: at the airport. The official website of Air France Baggage Policy says that one can buy two or more additional baggage options without any problem.
One can purchase an additional baggage option in the following ways:
One can purchase this option at the time of buying a ticket online; Additional baggage charges are shown on the screen of one’s device when one purchases the ticket.
One can purchase this option after buying flight tickets by visiting the “Review / Modify your bookings” area of the website.
One can also purchase this option during online check-in;
If someone has already booked their ticket(s), they have the option to purchase additional baggage option in the My Bookings section of the Air France Official Site.
one can also use miles earned while being a part of Air France’s frequent-flyer program, which is popularly known as Flying Blue, to allow themselves to add some more baggage to their journey while doing air travel. Moreover, as per the official website, if one is an Explorer under Flying Blue, one can save a maximum of 10 euros when adding an extra baggage item for the first time.
List Of Additional Items You Can Carry Inside The Cabin
- Your coat, jacket, and other clothing items
- Items purchased at the airport.
- Accessories that you’ve purchased for your kid such as diapers or car seats.
- Medical Supporters (Items) for disabled persons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay for extra luggage when I am at the airport?
Yes, Air France allows its passengers to pay for extra luggage at the airport.
How much does it cost to add a bag to an Air France flight?
It depends on the type of additional baggage item you want to transport apart from other factors. So, one can get personalized information about it when booking their tickets and at the time of purchasing an additional baggage option.
How many kilos does Air France allow?
For checked baggage items, Air France allows up to 23 kg in the economy and premium economy cabins, and in the business and premium cabins, it allows 32 kg for checked baggage items.
Can I pay for extra baggage online?
Yes, Air France lets its passengers to pay for and add extra baggage online through the Manage Booking facility.