Sometimes some unpredictable situation arises when you need to change your travel plans. You need to reschedule or change your flight date or time due to those unavoidable circumstances. In that case, you must know the United Airlines Change Flight Policy so you can easily make changes to your itinerary.
Read this blog and learn more about how united change flight works, its policies, united change flight fees, etc.
United Airlines Change Flight Policy – All You Need To Know
Apart from the basic economy tickets, the airline no longer charges fee for a United Change Flight request for domestic flights.
You should also be aware of the following:
- For fares in first class, business, economy, economy plus, and united premium plus, there are no change costs.
- Tickets for flights inside the US (such as Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands) as well as between the United States and Mexico or the Caribbean are covered by the policy.
- Passengers can change their flights several times however, you need to pay the fare difference.
- On the other hand, if your new ticket costs you less, then you will receive a flight credit which you can use for future flights.
- Passenger does not need to pay for the award tickets for Premium Economy or Economy flight.
- United Change Flight fee will be applied on the modification in the group booking bought on the United’s Group Desk.
United Airlines Change Flight Policy – Within 24 hours
The 24-hour flight change and cancellation policies of United Airlines are similar. If you purchased your ticket seven days or more before your departure, you may change your bookings without paying a cost for up to 24 hours after the initial booking. Except for Basic Economy, all tickets are subject to this policy.
Flight Change Policy – For Basic Economy
- Except in a few circumstances, basic economy fares may be entitled to a change fee.
- Basic economy Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Basic economy tickets are not eligible for a United Airlines Change Flight, but same-day standby is an alternative for passengers.
How To Change United Flight?
1. Visit united.com by using your browser.
2. Then, you can select the “My Trips” tab.
3. You can input the confirmation code and name into the provided boxes on the new page that will open.
4. To find your trip, select the “Search” tab. Select the Modify/change option after clicking on your reservation.
5. Select a different flight now based on the timing you prefer.
6. Afterward, pay the appropriate sum or fee difference, if there is any, and adhere to the instructions displayed on your screen to modify your flight time.
By following the above-described methods, you will quickly learn how to modify your time of flight on United Airlines.
To modify your time of flight or make any adjustments to the United Airlines reservation, you can also contact customer support.
Steps to Change the Time on a United Flight Ticket
There are certain steps that one needs to follow when modifying their tickets through United Airlines Manage Booking. Follow the steps given below in the same order and complete your flight change procedure in no time.
- Start by visiting the official website of United Airlines. Once the official site opens up, you need to look for the option “my trips”. Click on this option.
- Furthermore, in this step, you need to enter the last name in addition to the booking confirmation number.
- Once your booking opens up, you need to select the itinerary to which you want to make changes.
- Moreover, in this step, you need to click on the option of a flight change, and you can go ahead to edit-
- In this step, you will have to click on the option to continue.
- Here continue by pressing on the option of “confirm” for your new itinerary.
- Lastly, once you follow all the steps given above, you will receive the confirmation email of the flight change from united airlines.
United Airlines Change Fee
- United Airlines will refund the ticket cost after deducting $200 as United airlines change fees if you reschedule your flight more than 7 days before takeoff and less than 24 hours after booking.
- Passengers must pay $400 for United change fees for international flights, whereas, and $200 for domestic flights.
- If the passengers have mileage points, the United airlines no change fees rule will be applied which means they don’t have to pay any extra fees for change.
Unfortunately, the airline is unable to issue a refund if you cancel within an hour of the flight’s departure time or miss it for any other reason. To prevent any schedule changes that result in additional fees, call United Customer Support as soon as you can if you want to change your trip.
United Change Flights During the Travel waiver
There are no fees for changing a flight that you booked with United Airlines because of a weather-related travel delay.
- Passengers can reschedule in the original service class or travel on standby for flights canceled or altered by United, subject to seat availability, within fourteen days of their initial flight date between the original city. Customers may also elect to put the ticket’s value against future travel, provided that it is taken place within a year of the day the ticket was sold.
- If you paid a refundable ticket, you are free to ask for a complete refund. Any appropriate difference in cost will apply if you paid a nonrefundable fare.
- Visit United Airlines’ official site to make changes to your reservation there. In order to make reservations for any other tickets (including those purchased through a travel agency), please get in touch with the place where you made the purchase.
If you frequently fly United Airlines, you might have seen a travel waiver for the climate or other situations that occasionally result in flight modifications, cancellations, and delays. Although it may be challenging to change your flights as usual due to these waivers, we have the advice you require to get your schedule back on track.
Can I call united to change a flight?
Yes, passengers can call the United airlines representative at 800-864-8331.
Can you change flight dates within 24 hours on United?
You cannot change the flight on United Airlines during the 24-hour time limit instead of canceling it. As a result, if you wish to avoid paying for the first one, you should cancel your existing ticket and purchase a new ticket.
How do you change the flight time on United Airlines?
On all the fares except the Basic Economy, the United Airlines flight time change policy allows you to modify your travel timing at no cost.
How many changes can passengers make to United Airlines flights?
Except for Basic Economy, passengers can make various changes to the booked ticket. In addition, they also would be responsible for the fare difference.
What happens if I change my flight to a cheaper one?
It may be possible to earn a future trip credit if your new United ticket is less expensive due to your price restrictions. In any other case, you will forfeit the difference.
Does the Basic Economy ticket change fee apply to international flights & domestic flights?
United Airlines has eliminated the flight change cost for all international flights departing from the US and flights between the United States & Mexico, Puerto Rico, & the Caribbean.
How can I change a trip for an individual traveler if multiple travelers are on the itinerary?
During the first step of the switch route, you can choose the applicable traveler and proceed to United change flight only for that traveler.