Singapore Airlines has taken flyers-centric measures after the pandemic. It has brought out flexible policies to garner more frequent passengers. In the queue of reforms, they have also improved their flight change policy. The new Singapore Airlines Change Flight Policy allows travelers to change their flight date or destination at their convenience. But, to make those changes passengers must understand the basic criteria.
Singapore Airlines Flight Change Rules
If a passenger wants to be eligible for processing a request for flight change on Singapore Airlines, then they should understand the following conditions.
- For flight bookings before 31 May 2022, Singapore Airlines does not charge any change fees.
- On the other hand, flight tickets booked after 31 May 2022 are eligible for one complimentary change to their travel dates.
- However, passengers have to pay the fare difference for booking an alternative flight.
- Singapore Airlines permits travelers to make flight change requests up to 2 hours before departure.
- Passengers can shift the travel date to within one year of the purchase of the ticket only.
- The change fee levied by Singapore Airlines is dependent on the fare purchased.
- Economy passengers with Flexi, Value, and Standard fares are eligible to change their flight. However, the Economy Lite fare is not eligible for any changes.
- Premium Economy, Business, and First Class tickets with Lite and Standard fares have to pay the flight change fee after using their one complimentary date change.
- Flexi fare holders can change the flight for free irrespective of the cabin class.
- Passengers can make the changes online only if they have purchased the ticket directly from Singapore Airlines.
- Tickets booked with cash or with KrisFlyer Miles are eligible for flight change.
How to Change Singapore Airlines Flight Ticket?
If you are looking to change the Singapore Airlines flight date or destination, then you can prefer any of the below methods under the condition that your fare is eligible for changes.
Change Singapore Airlines Flight Online
You can either use the official website or the app to reschedule your Singapore Airlines flight. However, you are eligible for online flight change when you have bought tickets directly from Singapore Airlines.
- Open the official website or the app.
- Log into your Singapore Airlines account.
- Now, on the home page select the Singapore Airlines Manage Booking option.
- On the new page, all your upcoming and past trip details will appear.
- Choose the trip you want to change.
- After that, pick the “Change Flight” option from the list.
- In the next window, you can find the two options:
- Change Date.
- Change Destination.
Singapore Airlines Flight ‘Date’ Change
- When you opt to change the Singapore Airlines flight date, the airline will request you to enter the new travel date.
- After mentioning the new dates, click on the continue button.
- Now, on the entered date, all the available flights will appear on the screen.
- Choose the flight you want to travel.
- In the next step, pay the Singapore Airlines change fee ( if applicable ) along with any fare differences.
- Once the payment is complete, the airline will update your booking on a new date.
Singapore Airlines Flight ‘Destination’ Change
Not all flight bookings are eligible for destination change. Thus, you should confirm with the executive for the qualification.
- After opting for the “Destination’ from the Flight Change tab, the airline will request you to provide the new destination.
- If the flight is available to the new destination from the departure city, then Singapore Airlines will show the available flights on various dates.
- Choose the flight at your convenience.
- Pay any fare differences and also the change fee.
- After the payment confirmation, you can download the updated itinerary.
Use the Singapore Airlines Flight Change Request Form
If you are unable to change the flight through Manage Booking, then you can fill out the Request Assistance Form.
In the form select the “Change or Rebook My Flight” option. After that provide the following details:
- Reason for changing the flight.
- New departure date.
- Flight Booking details like booking confirmation number, and first and last name of the passenger.
- Also, the contact details
After the submission of the form, the airline will reach out to you. Singapore Airlines will prioritize the request if you are having any medical emergency or your flight departs in less than 72 hours.
Visit the Local Singapore Airlines Office
Another way to make a flight change request is to visit the nearby Singapore Airlines office. The executives present at the desk will help you process your request to change the flight. They will explain the fare eligibility, and provide information on the available flights on alternate dates along with the fares. You can pick the appropriate flight and ask the executive to proceed with the flight change.
Reach Out to Your Travel Agent
If you have not booked your flight directly from Singapore Airlines and have utilized the assistance of a third party, then you should reach out to them. You cannot reschedule your Singapore Airlines flight via Manage Booking if you have purchased it from a travel agent. The flight change charges levied will be the same.
Request Ticket Changes through a Phone Call to Singapore Airlines
Another way to change your flight date is to call Singapore Airlines. You can seek assistance by dialing
- USA: +1 833 727 0118.
- Canada: +1 416 945 0299.
The executives are available 24/7 to assist the flyers regarding any reservation queries. After connecting with a live person on Singapore Airlines, you have to share the booking details and demand for the flight change. After checking the eligibility of your fare, the executive will process your request.
Singapore Airlines Flight Change Fees – Date and Destination
According to the Singapore Airlines Flight Change Policy, all the flights booked after 31 May 2022 qualify for free change in the travel date for once. It means passengers can reschedule their flight once for free.
However, if the traveler has utilized their complementary waiver then they have to pay the flight change fee for any subsequent changes along with the fare differences.
Singapore Airlines charges an extra fee of $25 for changing the flight date or destination. The fee applies to Value and Standard fares. On the other hand, if a passenger is changing their award flight, then Saver ticket holders will have to pay $25. Advantage redemption ticket holders will have to pay no flight change fees.
What if Singapore Airlines Reschedules the Flight?
No travelers would like the change to their Singapore Airlines flight schedule. However, if there is an involuntary change in schedule, then travelers will get multiple options.
- When Singapore Airlines reschedule the flight on an alternate date, passengers have the option to request a full refund.
- Also, they have the privilege to rebook their flight at their convenience at no additional cost.
Is Rescheduling Singapore Airlines Flight a Fair Deal?
The answer to the above question would be a YES. If you are looking to change the date of your travel with Singapore Airlines, then you should do it undoubtedly. It is because the airline offers one complimentary change. Moreover, if you have used your complimentary waiver, then doing the flight change online would cost only a $ 25 assistance fee.
Since Singapore Airlines regulates the flight price effectively, the fare differences would also be reasonable. You don’t have to pay very high fare differences for rebooking a Singapore Airlines flight to an alternate date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I reschedule my Singapore Airlines flight?
Yes, you can change your flight date and reschedule the trip with Singapore Airlines. However, you should check the fare eligibility before making a change.
How many times I can change my flight date for free?
If you have a flight ticket after 31 May 2022 on Singapore Airlines, then you are eligible for only one free flight change. After that, you have to pay the charges for further flight changes.
Can I change my Singapore Airlines flight after check-in?
Yes. To change your flight after check-in, you have to withdraw your check-in first. You can visit the Singapore Airlines sales office or the airline’s help desk at the airport to make the amendments.
What is the deadline to make a flight change request on Singapore Airlines?
Singapore Airlines Flight Change policy states that travelers should make a flight change request up to 2 hours before departure.
Does Singapore Airlines allow changing the flight destination?
Passengers having a Singapore Airlines flight booking can change their ticket to a new destination. However, it depends on the ticket eligibility.
Is Lite fare eligible for making flight changes?
Singapore Airlines does not permit travelers with Lite fares to make any changes to their flight bookings.
How much does it cost to shift the Singapore Airlines award flight ticket dates?
Passengers with Saver Award tickets are liable to pay $25 for changing the flight date. On the other hand, Advantage Award ticket holders can do it for free.
Is filling out the Assistance Request form for flight change helpful?
Yes, the Assistance Request form is helpful in many cases. Flyers who are unable to change their flight booking through Manage Booking can fill out the form to change their departure date.
How can I modify my Singapore Airlines flight date on my own?
You can use the online Manage Booking feature available on the official website and the app to quickly shift your booking to a new date all on your own.
Can I shift my Singapore Airlines flight booking to any date?
No, you cannot change your flight booking to any date. According to Singapore Airlines Change Flight policy, a date change must be made within a year of the ticket’s date of issue.