After booking the flight, people might want to cancel their tickets because of any unavoidable situation that occurred in the family or any changes in their plans. However, most airlines allow travelers to cancel their flight before the scheduled departure. Singapore Airlines also approves passengers to cancel their booking under their cancellation policy. The Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy is passenger-centric, yet charges a certain fee that depends on the fare and class type. Passengers must check the guidelines and restrictions to claim a refund in accordance with it.
Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy and Refund Rules
Singapore Airlines allows their passengers to cancel the booking at least 72 hours before departure as mentioned in the cancellation policy. However, the cancellation depends upon the type of ticket, and the airline refunds according to the fare and class type.
- Per Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy, passengers qualify to receive a refund when they cancel their booking within the deadline mentioned on the ticket.
- On canceling a refundable fare, flyers will receive a refund in the original form of payment method.
- On the other hand, on non-refundable fare cancellations, Singapore Airlines will refund back only the refundable taxes.
- Travelers flying from/to the USA can cancel their tickets within 24 hours of booking to avoid cancellation fees.
- The airline does not allow to cancel a flight pass.
- In case of an emergency, like a sudden death of an immediate family, or sickness of the passenger, the airline does not charge a fee after submitting a proof of cancellation.
- Irrespective of the cabin class, Standard and Flexi fare holders are eligible for ticket cancellation.
- On the other hand, lite ticket holders cannot cancel their booking on Singapore Airlines.
- Flyers can cancel their booking through the official handles of Singapore Airlines.
- When a passenger books their flight through a third party, the airline suggests contacting the travel agency for any cancellations.
Singapore Airlines’ 24-Hour Free Cancellation Deadline
Singapore Airlines offers a grace cancellation to their passengers flying from or to the USA. Passengers who are traveling to or from the USA can cancel their reservation period within 24 hours of booking for free. There will not be any deduction. Singapore Airlines’ 24-hour Cancellation Policy applies to all types of cabin classes. However, travelers must satisfy these two conditions.
- The flight tickets must be booked seven days before the scheduled departure.
- Passengers should have purchased the tickets directly from Singapore Airlines.
Saver and Advantage Award Ticket Cancellation Policy
The airline has a Krisflyer program, one of the best programs to book premium cabins with Singapore Airlines miles. The Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy permits passengers to cancel their redemption tickets. However, the airline will levy certain cancellation fees. The fees depend on whether the passenger has a saver or advantage award.
- Canceling with a saver award ticket would cost $75.
- When canceling an advantage award ticket, the price would be $50.
In the case of offline cancellation of Singapore Airlines redemption tickets, there will be extra charges of $25. After cancellation, Singapore Airlines will deposit the miles back into the account instantly.
Automatic Cancellation When Passenger is a No-Show
When a passenger is not able to reach the airport on time and misses the flight, it is a no-show. Singapore Airlines will cancel their ticket automatically. However, passengers can claim a refund by paying the cancellation fee. Singapore Airlines charges the following penalty.
- Economy – $100
- Premium Economy – $200
- Business – $300
- First – $300
How To Cancel Singapore Airlines Flights?
The airline allows passengers to cancel their tickets via various methods. Each mode is safe and convenient to use. Tickets booked by a third party will not be canceled by the airline. Passengers must contact the third party to cancel their booking. Let’s find out the ways through which a passenger can cancel their Singapore Airlines Flight Booking.
Cancel Flight with Singapore Airlines Manage Booking
It is the most reliable and easiest way to cancel the reservation. Flyers can cancel their booking online by using this feature available on the official website or the app.
- Passengers must visit the official website of Singapore Airlines.
- Navigate to the Singapore Airlines Manage Booking option.
- Now, mention the booking number and passenger details.
- On the next window, the trip details will appear on the screen.
- From the booking section, choose the “Cancel Flight” option.
- Passengers might have to pay the cancellation fee if required.
- Fill out the Singapore Airlines refund form to process the refund, if a passenger is eligible.
- Later, a confirmation mail will be sent to the mail address.
Talk To Singapore Airlines Live Person For Cancellation & Refund
If a passenger prefers an offline method to cancel their Singapore Airlines ticket, they can call the local Singapore Airlines office.
- Travelers can call the official helpline number of the airline.
- Herein, follow the IVR instructions and press the desired key.
- After connecting with an executive, request them to cancel the booking.
- The executive will ask about the passenger’s details and booking number.
- Now, the agent will cancel the booking, which the passenger has requested.
- The passenger has to pay the cancellation fee if liable.
- Passengers can also ask the executive for a refund if they are eligible.
- After the booking cancellation, the traveler will receive the cancellation confirmation at their email address.
Speak with Representatives at the Airport
Many passenger’s plan changes at the last moment even after reaching the airport. However, passengers can visit the Singapore Airlines counter to raise a request for cancellation of the booking. The executive will guide passengers through the process. After canceling the ticket, passengers can fill out the refund form, if they are eligible to receive a refund.
Singapore Airlines Cancellation Fees
The airline asks a passenger to pay an additional amount for cancellations. However, for a ticket canceled within 24 hours of booking, as per the Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy, no extra charges are applicable. After 24 hours of booking, the fee depends upon the fare type and the route.
|Class Type||Standard fare||Flexi fare||Value fare||Lite fare|
|Premium Economy||Chargeable||Chargeable||Not Allowed|
If a traveler cancels their booking offline then they have to pay an additional $25 assistance fee.
In the case of canceling the award ticket, the following cancellation fees will apply.
- Saver: $75
- Advantage: $50
However, PPS members and supplementary card holders are exempted from the assistance fees.
Further Guidelines Under Refund Policy – Singapore Airlines
The airline provides refunds to passengers depending on the fare type and other conditions. According to the Singapore Airlines refund policy, if the reservation is canceled within 24 hours of booking, both refundable and non-refundable tickets will receive the full refund amount. However, for any reason, if the airline cancels their flight, the passenger will also receive a complete ticket amount without any deductions.
- If the passenger books non-refundable tickets, the airline only compensates with taxes and government fees.
- The airline provides refunds to the original mode of payment.
- The refund is provided to passengers who buy tickets directly from the Singapore Airline’s official handles.
- Singapore Airlines’ refund processing time is usually 14 working days.
- Promotional fares are not eligible for a refund.
How to Apply for a Refund with Singapore Airlines?
Here are the quick steps to request a refund.
- Travelers must visit the official website.
- Now, go to the manage my booking option.
- Retrieve the trip details.
- Now, cancel the booking and select the refund option.
- However, check if passengers are eligible to receive the refund.
- Lastly, passengers can apply for a refund.
- And, when the airline approves the refund request, travelers will receive the refund amount in their original mode of payment.
Flights Cancelled By Singapore Airlines – What Next?
Due to any unavoidable circumstance, the flight can be canceled or delayed. The airline informs the passengers via text messages, email, or WhatsApp about the cancellation. Singapore Airlines provides two options to the flyers.
- Passengers can rebook the next alternative flight.
- Travelers can claim a refund. The airline is liable to provide the complete amount without deducting a cancellation fee.
Depending on the ticket terms and conditions, for delay or cancellation:
- Passengers will get complimentary meals and drinks.
- For an overnight stay, the airline will provide accommodation to the hotel with a transfer service.
- Additionally, two telephone calls or emails.
If the flight is operated by Singapore Airlines and is traveling from the European Union, then the following compensation will be granted to the passengers if the flight is delayed by more than 3 hours or canceled.
- Flight less than 1500 km: €250
- Flight distance between 1500 to 3500 km: €400
- Distance more than 3500 km: €600
Cancelled Flight Compensation Policy – Singapore Airlines
- The flight was canceled by Singapore Airlines.
- The airline will not compensate the passengers if the airline informs the passengers 14 days before departure.
- Passengers will not receive compensation if airlines inform about cancellation between 7 to 13 days before departure and offer an alternative flight departing 2 hours after the original flight and arriving not more than 4 hours after the original flight schedule.
- Similarly, if the airline informs the passenger within 7 days of departure and provides an alternative flight departing not less than 1 hour of departure from the original schedule and the passenger denies it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Passengers can cancel their booking up to 72 hours before departure by paying an additional fee to the airline. The fee depends upon the time of cancellation and route. However, the airline does not offer refunds for non-refundable tickets.
What is the cancellation fee on Singapore Airlines?
The airline does not charge a fee for tickets canceled within 24 hours of booking, for each fare type. However, after 24 hours a fee is applicable and the airline will charge a cancellation fee according to the class and fare.
How to cancel the booking on Singapore Airlines?
Passengers can cancel the bookings by visiting the Singapore Airlines website and following the online process. Moreover, passengers can call the team of the airline to raise a request to cancel their booking. For both ways, the airline asks for an additional fee if cancellation is done after 24 hours of booking.
What is the advantage of Singapore Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy?
The 24-hour cancellation policy is applicable on flights to or from the United States.
The airline allows passengers to cancel their tickets within 24 hours of booking free of charge. The policy is applicable on all ticket fares, including refundable, non-refundable, and award tickets.
Can I cancel my Singapore Airlines flight?
Yes, you can cancel your Singapore flight ticket unless you do not hold the Lite fare. If you have a Standard or Flexi fare, then you are eligible to cancel your booking by paying additional charges. On the other hand, as per the Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy, lite fare is not eligible for cancellation.
What is the contact number for the Singapore Airlines refund department?
Travelers can call Singapore Airlines to request a refund for the cancellations of their bookings. The contact number for passengers in the United States is +1833-727-0118 which works for 24 hours.
How long does Singapore Airlines take to process the refund?
Once the airline approves the request for the refund, the travelers might receive their refund amount within 14 working days in their original mode of payment.
How much is the fee for redepositing miles on Singapore Airlines?
Travelers can cancel their booking with award tickets with a nominal fee that is deducted from their KrisFlyer program. Passengers with a Saver ticket have to pay $75 whereas Advantage award ticket holders have to pay $50.