As per Wizz Air Cancellation Policy, you are allowed to cancel your flight for free. But, you will need to fall under a risk-free period for this. In this detailed guide, you will get to know about the cancellation policy, 24-hour rule, fees, terms and conditions, offline and online methods to cancel a flight, refund process, and much more. So, if you require to cancel your trip for any unforeseen circumstance then check out the information discussed below.
Major Keypoints of Wizz Air Cancellation Policy
As per Wizz air cancellation policy, passengers are allowed to cancel their trip via the most convenient ways. The cancellation policy gives its passengers various methods to cancel flights online or offline easily. Read out the points given below.
- Passenger can cancel their flight within 24 hours of the booking period.
- If your flight has been delayed or missed due to unexpected reasons, you can cancel it & request a refund.
- You can change the flight booking up to 3 hours before the scheduled & departure of the booking.
- The airline will charge a certain amount if you cancel your flight after 24 hours.
- Before canceling your flight, you make sure to follow all cancellation rules & procedures.
Wizz Air 24-Hour Cancellation Policy (Risk-free Period)
Passengers will not be required to pay a flight cancellation fee if they cancel a refundable flight ticket within 24 hours of booking. Instead of cancellation, if you change your flight within 24 hours of booking, the airline will charge you the fare difference only.
- In case your flight has been delayed or canceled due to any reasons, you can rebook or cancel the flight the same day & apply a refund request.
- Passengers need to follow all the terms & conditions before canceling the flight.
- You need to pay specific fees & charges within 24 hours of canceling the flight.
- Passenger can cancel their flight ticket up to 3 hours before scheduled & departure.
- If the passenger cancels their flight within 14 days of scheduled & departure, they will pay the specific charge.
Wizz Air Cancellation Fee
Before canceling your flight ticket, you need to understand the fee structure of Wizz air then proceed with the cancellation process.
- If you have changed or canceled your flight within 14 days of departure then you will require to pay around $83 per passenger.
- The traveler needs to pay for a domestic flight around $50 to $300 per passenger.
- You will be charged USD 100 & USD 600 per passenger for international flight.
Online & Offline Ways To Cancel Wizz Air Flight
Due to multiple reasons, the passenger goes forward to cancel their flight bookings, such as weather issues, and technical conditions, etc. the airline provides its passenger with various tools to help them cancel flight bookings. So, here are some flight cancellation methods that will help you in canceling your trip conveniently.
Flight Cancellation via official website
- Visit https://wizzair.com/ website.
- Then login to your account by credentials.
- Now, you can see your booking details on the homepage.
- Select the booking you need to cancel or change the flight.
- After doing all this, provide your last name and confirmation number.
- Choose the cancel flight option if you want to cancel your trip or change if you want to change your flight as per Wizz Air Change Flight Date Policy.
- After that, proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the confirm button.
- If you are eligible for refund or if you cancel your trip under the risk-free period, you will get the refund in your account within working days.
Via Wizz Air Toll-free Number
You can cancel your flight ticket by dialing the Wizz Air toll-free number. You can do it by calling the Wizz Air experts team which is available 24/7. Passengers can easily cancel or rectify their reservation booking within minutes. Here is step-by-step process to apply for refund offline.
- Visit Wizz Air official website.
- Login into your account by credentials.
- Then you need to click on the contact us page.
- Get the toll-free number as per your region from here and dial it.
- When you get connected with the live person, ask them to proceed with the flight cancellation process on your behalf.
When you connect with the Wizz air executive team, you must discuss your queries with the representative team. Once you have provided all the information to the team, your flight has been canceled through the representative group.
At the Airport Directly
As per Wizz air cancellation policy, passengers can visit the airport to cancel their flight booking. Passengers need to visit the nearby airport of Wizz air & communicate with the executive team about their concerns. When you ask the Wizz air representative team to cancel your flight ticket, you need to provide the essential details such as personal details & flight information.
Wizz Air Refund Policy
For a refund on the cancelled flight, you must be eligible for the refund as per Wizz Air Refund Policy. Check out the points written below to know your eligibility for the refund.
- A basic economy flight ticket cannot be refundable.
- For non-refundable flight ticket; you will have to pay cancellation fee.
- A passenger who has purchased a flex or plus ticket is eligible to get back the money.
- The refund value will be credited after 24 hours of the booking.
Terms & Conditions for Wizz Air Refund
Each passenger needs to learn the Wizz air refund policy term & conditions that help you request a refund request.
- A total refund value will only be transferred when you cancel the flight within 24 hours duration.
- The airline will deduct the service fee from the refund value on cancelling a flight offline.
- You will get a refund only on a refundable flight ticket. You can apply for a refund on a non-refundable flight ticket as well but you must have a valid reason for cancellation.
- If the airline cancels your ticket or delays your flight, you can apply for a total refund value.
Online & Offline Process To Claim Refund From Wizz Air
Getting a refund value is not a difficult task, most of the time when you cancel your ticket. The refund value is automatically generated to your respective accounts. In case you could not able to get your refund back within seven days or more, then you can fill out the refund complaint form.
Via Wizz Air Official Site
- Visit https://wizzair.com/ website.
- Then you need to log in to your account by credentials.
- Now, choose the reservation you want to cancel.
- You need to enter the confirmation code as well as your last name & personal details.
- Fill in the cancellation form as per airline guidelines & request a refund.
- Click on the refund button that will help you in getting the refund value automatically.
- If you have cancelled your flight already, you will see the refund button.
- Click on the refund option and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- As per Wizz air refund policy, passengers will get their refund value for up to 7 working days.
Via Phone Call
If you are not well connected with the online support team, you can call the Wizz air customer service. Follow these steps to apply for refund via wizz air toll-free number.
- Visit Wizz Air official website.
- Then you need to visit the contact us section.
- Click on the contact link & dial the Wizz air refund contact number to speak to a live person at wizz air.
- Once you connect with the Wizz air customer support team, you can request them to initiate a refund.
- Wait for a response.
At The Airport
If you are not comfortable with the methods mentioned above, you can easily visit the nearby airport. When you visit the airport, you need to talk to the customer support team & ask them to apply for refund on your behalf. And they will check whether you are eligible for a refund or not. If you are eligible, they will proceed with the refund process.
Note that when you cancel a flight ticket, refund value is initiated automatically to the passenger’s account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to cancel a Wizz air flight within 24 hours
Visit the Wizz Air official site, dial the toll-free number, or directly reach out to the airport to cancel your reservation within 24 hours. You don’t need to pay the service fee for cancelling a flight online. But, if you cancel a flight offline, you will be required to pay the service fee. The airline will transfer the refund into your account after deducting the service fee from that value.
How to get a refund from Wizz air flight?
Here are three most convenient ways to apply for refund on the cancelled wizz air flight:
- Wizz Air Official site
- Wizz Air Toll-free number.
- At the airport directly.
How long does a Wizz air refund take?
The duration of getting the refund value from Wizz air depends on what type you have been taking the online ticket process or cash method. The minimum duration is to give the refund value up to 7 working days.
Can I get a full refund if I cancel my Wizz air flight?
If you cancel your flight ticket with Wizz air and apply for a refund request, you need to complete the refund process as per the cancelation policy. Although, a refund depends on what type of ticket you have purchased. If you have booked your refundable ticket, you can get the refund value quickly.
How much does it cost to cancel Wizz air?
In case passengers cancel flight tickets, they need to pay a fee to cancel the flight ticket after 24 hours. Wizz air cancellations fee depends on the type of ticket you have purchased. You will be charged up to $63 as a cancellation fee fourteen days prior.
Can I cancel my ticket before 14 days of scheduled departure?
Passengers can easily cancel flight tickets, but you must pay 60 Euros as a Wizz airlines cancellation fee. If you are canceling your flight tickets under the risk-free period then you may be able to cancel without any charges.
What if my flight is delayed or canceled?
If your flight is delayed or cancelled by the airline then the airline will reserve your seat in the next available flight. You can avail of the next available flight with no extra charges or apply for a full refund.
Can I cancel my flight at the airport?
Yes sure. All you need to do is, reach out to the nearest airport. Navigate to the customer service counter. Ask the live person for the fight cancellation. After that, they will ask you for some documentation. Before starting the flight cancellation process, they will let you go through all the flight cancellation and refund policies. Listen to them carefully. Coordinate with them throughout the flight cancellation process. After completing the flight cancellation process, if you are eligible for the refund, they will proceed with the refund process.
How do I cancel a Wizz Air flight and get a refund?
If you are cancelling your flight online then follow the instructions given below:
- Visit the Wizz Air official website.
- Click on the manage booking option.
- Fill in your details and click on the search button.
- Click on the flight you want to cancel.
- Choose the Cancel/change option.
- Click on the cancel flight option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now provide the reason for the flight cancellation and pay for the cancellation charges.
- On the same screen, click on the refund option and fill up the refund form.
- Click on the submit option at last.
And, if you are cancelling your flight ticket offline then ask the live person on a call or at the airport to cancel your flight and apply for a refund on your behalf.
How long do you have to cancel Wizz Air flight?
As per the Wizz Air Flight cancellation policy, if you cancel your flight 14 hours before the departure then you will be eligible to claim for full refund. After paying the flight cancellation fee, the actual amount of the flight ticket will be credited to your account as a refund.