Last updated on October 27th, 2022 at 09:16 pm
Did you recently book a flight ticket on Avianca Airlines? But you cannot fly on that day due to any unavoidable reason. If this is your situation, then you have an option to change your Avianca flight quickly and conveniently. Avianca Airlines walks the extra mile by transforming your experience into a magical one. But you can proceed to make a change when you are aware of the terms and conditions of the Avianca Change Flight policy.
This blog will cover all the important information regarding Avianca Change Flight policy to make an informed decision.
Avianca Change Flight – Terms and Conditions
Please make sure to consider the following points before making flight changes:
- All passengers included in a particular reservation get affected by the changes you make.
- You can call or visit them if you only need to make a change for one passenger.
- Payment by credit card is preferred if you have penalties for date/route changes.
- You must pay the difference between the original fare and the new fare if your new date/route has a higher fare.
- On a flight where you had an upgrade to Business Class, you are changing and will lose the upgrade when changing flights.
- To make changes to a ticket, you must have purchased it from an official website.
This service is not available for tickets:
- Bought within the last 24 hours.
- Purchased using LifeMiles.
Different Ways To Change Your Avianca Flight Ticket
There are 3 ways passengers can modify the Avianca Airlines flight tickets. Please look at the online and offline steps below:
Avianca Change Flight – Online Steps
Follow the steps mentioned below for changing Avianca Flight.
- Firstly, visit the official website avianca.com or dial +1-888-503-5253.
- Secondly, choose to Manage your booking.
- Thirdly, input the reservation number & last name of the passenger.
- Click Continue.
- Click Change your flight, then click Buy Now.
- Change the departure date for the flights you want to change on your itinerary.
- Once you mark your flights, you will be able to choose the new flight’s destination, time, origin, & date.
- You will see a list of available flights and the value of the difference in fare, if applicable.
- If the new flight costs more than the old flight, you may have a credit balance.
- Ensure that the total amount to be paid is shown in the whole summary of the change.
- Once you have the new itinerary, click Continue to continue making the payment.
- And finally, confirm the flight change.
- Once they process your request, you will receive an email or SMS on your registered mail ID or contact number.
Avianca Change Flight – By Calling
- Dial (800) 284-2622 to speak to Avianca Airlines customer service staff or call the customer service at +1-888-503-5253.
- A customer care representative will speak with you over the phone to guide you on the requested modifications.
- Inform the customer care representative of the changes you desire.
- The person will ask for your flight PNR number & find whether you are eligible to make a change.
- Once the facts have been verified, the agents will update you on the charge required to make the modifications.
- According to Avianca change flight policy, changes will be done as soon as you pay the cost.
Avianca Change Flight – At The Airport Ticket Centre
- Walk up to any of the Avianca ticket centers.
- If you find a customer service representative at the airport, let them know your specific travel details so they can assist you.
- To avoid mistakes, elaborate on the changes you must make to your tickets and be precise about the information.
- The customer service representatives would double-check your specifications with Avianca’s change flight policy.
- If the criterion is met, you will be charged a small cost.
- Once you have finished the payment procedure, the representative will make the necessary changes.
Avianca Change Flight Fee
When flying with Avianca, you must be informed of the charges that are imposed by the airline. As a result, go through the tips below to identify the necessary costs and call the Avianca helpline at +1-888-503-5253 for any help.
- If the passengers booked their tickets in Economy Class, they would be required to pay a $500 deposit & the flight fares difference.
- The flight change cost for passengers who purchased a flex class ticket is $150.
- A price difference between the two flights would have to pay.
- The promo class change cost is $700, as well as the difference amount in tickets between flights.
- If passengers want to upgrade their flight ticket, they must pay for it, even if they upgrade within 24 hours.
- The fees are only for the upgrading and have nothing to do with modification.
- The Avianca Airlines change cost is determined by the date the changes are made, the ticket class, the type of ticket refundable or non-refundable, & the destination.
If you really want to learn more about Avianca Airlines’ change flight cost, you may chat with a customer service representative who can provide you with detailed pricing information.
Avianca Change Flight – Ticket Purchased With Miles
- You can amend the itinerary date and time, change the trip route, or seek a miles refund if your ticket was won with miles, you have not used it, and it is significantly less than one year old.
- Tickets that have been partially used or that have been in circulation for more than a year enable you to change the trip date and time only, and they do not allow reimbursement or rerouting.
- Tickets booked with Avianca are not subject to availability in the same fare class; however, tickets purchased with any of our partner airlines are subject to availability in the same fare class.
- Tickets purchased with miles are not eligible for the voucher.
- If you used the voucher link to input, a reservation code for a ticket redeemed using miles, keep in mind that the notification you get does not apply to this type of ticket.
If you are the one who wants to make changes to the Avianca Airlines flight, then you require to pay $25-$150.
Passengers can contact at (800) 284-2622.
Passengers can change flights only one time.
You can undoubtedly change your flight date while booking a ticket with Avianca Airlines.
● Date changes are free, but if the flight you want to book is more expensive than the one you already have, you need to pay the fare difference to make the changes.
● However, in some cases, Avianca Airlines does not entertain any change in the date of the flight.
When purchasing a ticket, double-check to see if you are eligible for any changes
Yes, passengers change their flight with Avianca Airlines.
● When you change your flight within 24 hours, passengers can do so for free with Avianca Airlines.
● You can make online and offline changes, but you must do it in the same method you booked your flight ticket.
● If the traveler has received their ticket online, they can only make the change online, and the same goes for the passengers who purchased their tickets through the airport or the customer service.
Need more information then contact Avianca Manage My Booking or dial +1-888-503-5253 for help.