Lufthansa is one of those few airlines that allow passengers to check their baggage online. This not only saves time but money as well. However, you should know about specific rules and fees, especially when we talk about Lufthansa Baggage Allowance.
We recommend that all our readers register your additional baggage with Lufthansa for your convenience. This is done because sometimes Lufthansa has limited capacity, and rules differ with different partner airlines. An early reservation for extra baggage will be a massive help to you. You can add Lufthansa Additional Baggage Online or through offline ways as well. Let’s have a look at them;
Lufthansa Baggage Policy – Carry on Size Requirement
- Lufthansa Baggage Allowance depends on your travel class and the route. Usually, you are allowed to bring one personal item, which should fall under Lufthansa Baggage Size requirements. Lufthansa carry on size are 11.8 x 15.7 x 3.9 inches (30 x 40 x 10 cm).
- Under undersize and weight requirements, one standard carry-on is allowed for passengers in Economy and Premium Economy classes. The Lufthansa carry on size is 21.6 x 15.7 x 9 inches (55 x 40 x 23 cm), and the weight requirements are 17.6 pounds or 8 kg.
- For passengers traveling in Business and First-Class, two standard carry-on which falls undersize and weight requirements are allowed. The Lufthansa carry on size is 21.6 x 15.7 x 9 inches (55 x 40 x 23 cm), and the Lufthansa Baggage Weight requirements are 17.6 pounds or 8 kg.
- The additional baggage cost is displayed in several currencies for international routes. In addition, Lufthansa has curated a list of currencies that can serve as a parameter for local currencies to make the calculation easier.
- For baggage drop-off in Europe, EUR is used. Similarly, for baggage drop-off in Canada, CAD is used. For baggage drop-off in Japan, JPY is used, and for baggage drop-off in all other countries, USD is used.
- It is recommended to check the baggage drop-off location to calculate the additional baggage cost.
- In cases where arrival and departure destinations are different in both directions, the baggage cost will be charged for the furthermost point. The same is followed for flights that have a stopover for more than 24 hours.
Lufthansa Baggage Fees – Charged According To The Bag Size
Lufthansa Baggage Policy states that for bookings done online, 16USD is charged for domestic flights. The Lufthansa Baggage Allowance is 27USD for flights traveling within Europe. You might have to pay an additional Lufthansa Baggage Fees at the airport for Lufthansa carry on size.
How much baggage is allowed on Lufthansa international flights?
Lufthansa Baggage Allowance International flights are as follows;
- All checked baggage Lufthansa cannot exceed the maximum Lufthansa Baggage size dimension of 62 linear inches.
- In linear inches, measurements of tires and handles are included.
- Lufthansa allows 1 bag within the weight requirement of 50 pounds or 23 kg for Economy class.
- The airline allows 2 bags within the weight requirement of 70 pounds or 32 kg for Lufthansa baggage allowance business class.
- Similarly, it allows 3 bags within the weight requirement of 70 pounds or 32 kg for First class.
Step-by-Step Guide To Add Extra Baggage Lufthansa
Online Method by Official Site
1. Just visit www.lufthansa.com.
2. Locate the Menu and choose a baggage option.
3. Scroll down and choose Book additional baggage located below the calculator option.
4. Add your baggage by clicking on the baggage calculator option and Pay for the luggage as extra baggage fees.
5. Click on the confirm button. After that, you will get the confirmation through the mail.
Once you finish the process, if you make any booking-related mistake, you can reach out to Lufthansa Airlines Manage Booking to fix that mistake.
Offline Method via Phone Call
- Dial +1-888-906-0670.
- Follow the on-call instructions.
- When you connect with the Live person, tell them your need.
- They will listen to you and start the baggage process accordingly.
- Pay the required fees and complete the baggage-adding process.
Limit Of Extra Baggage To Check on Lufthansa
Lufthansa allows its passenger to check their Lufthansa Additional Baggage Online. As a matter of fact, it cost significantly more when you apply for additional; baggage at the airport. Lufthansa Baggage Policy states that for bookings done online, 16USD is charged for domestic flights. The allowance is 27USD for flights traveling within Europe. You might have to pay Lufthansa Baggage Fees at the airport.
Tips To Avoid Paying Lufthansa Extra Baggage Fees International Flights
- Travel on airlines that waive the checked baggage fee.
- Obtain Elite Status from a carrier.
- Utilize the Lufthansa Airlines Credit Card.
- Select a travel credit card that includes a fee credit.
- Don’t overpack, and avoid checking bags.
Things To Know Before Adding Additional Baggage To Your List
- The additional baggage cost is displayed in several currencies for international routes. To make calculation easier Lufthansa has curated a list of currencies that can serve as a parameter for local currencies.
- Use a free baggage calculator and get the accurate cost in no time.
- Additional fees for overweight and oversized baggage are also dependent upon the flight route and the travel fare.
- Passengers traveling to Germany in Economy are charged 16USD when they check their Lufthansa Additional Baggage Online. The destination was used for example. The prices will differ from country to country.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Lufthansa allow 2 carry on bags?
A folding garment bag, a small, foldable baby stroller, a trolley case, or 2 in priority boarding are all acceptable forms of carry-on luggage.
Can I bring 2 hand carry bags?
Passengers are allowed to carry one personal item and one carry on bag.
How much does 1 kg of excess baggage cost?
There will be a charge of INR 1000 for each additional piece of luggage.
Is it cheaper to check a bag at the gate?
Regardless of your price type, a flight will check any ordinarily permitted carry-on luggage at the gate at no additional cost.