Traveling is a great way to find some long-awaited respite from day-to-day stress. However, not everyone can get that break, as often, plans change. Maybe it’s a work thing, or perhaps someone in your family is sick. Either way, you are not going to make that flight. Although, someone else you know might have a use for your fare.
So, time to request a Southwest Airlines Transfer Ticket to Another Person.
Therefore, let’s discuss if such a thing is possible & if not, what are the alternatives?
Is it Possible? – Southwest Airlines Transfer Ticket to Another Person?
In short, no, Southwest Airlines does not allow passengers to transfer ownership of their tickets. However, that does not mean there is no recourse for passengers who need to know about transfer fares.
The best way to let someone else travel on your fare is to rebook the fare in their name. Although, several guidelines dictate this process. So, let’s discuss how to accomplish this process & then the policies that dictate it.
What to do if You Want to Transfer Your Ticket to Someone Else?
In case you want to transfer the ownership of your ticket to someone else. Then, you need to cancel your ticket, claim a refund & rebook the fare.
- Firstly, visit the official website for Southwest Airlines or dial +1-202-982-2463 for help.
- Secondly, click on the FLIGHT | HOTEL | CAR | VACATIONS header in the category bar. Then, click on Manage Reservations under the Flight heading.
- Thirdly, fill in your flight information & click on Search.
- Confirmation Number
- Last Name
- First Name
- After the airline receives the booking, click on Cancel Flight.
- Once you start the Cancelation process, the website will ask you to choose the refund method. So, click on Refund Method & select Request a Refund.
- Then, click on Cancel Flight.
*Also, if the Refund Method isn’t highlighted or available, your fare is not eligible for a refund. Thus, Southwest will convert your fare amount into Travel Funds for future use post cancelation.
- Firstly, go back to the home page of Southwest Airlines.
- Secondly, scroll down to the Book section & put in your travel details & click on Search.
- Type of Trip
- Round Trip
- Origin Airport
- Destination Airport
- Date/s of Travel
- Number of Passengers
- Type of Trip
- Thirdly, select the flight & fare class you prefer.
- Then, review your flight/s and click on Continue.
- After that, fill in the passenger’s details.
- Passenger’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Contact Information
- Then, continue with the booking process & complete the payment to confirm the booking.
Terms & Conditions
Although you know how to transfer the ownership of your fare via cancelation & rebooking. However, there are specific guidelines that dictate cancelation & refunds that you have to follow. Therefore, let’s discuss them:
- Firstly, you have to cancel your fare at least 10-minuted before the departure time. Else, Southwest will consider you as a no-show.
- Secondly, no-show fares are not eligible for cancelation or refunds. Instead, they’ll convert your fares into Travel Funds that only you can use for future travels.
- Thirdly, not all Southwest Airlines fares are eligible for refunds. Therefore, below is a table depicting Southwest fares & their refundability:
|Name of Fare||Refundable||Reusable|
|Wanna Get Away®||No||Yes|
- However, Southwest Airlines have a 24-hours cooling-off period. Therefore, to summarize, fares canceled within 24-hours of booking are eligible for a refund, regardless of fare class.
|Customer Assistance||English: 1-800-435-9792 Spanish: 1-800-826-6667|
|Rapid Rewards Customer Assistance||1-800-445-5764|
|Postal Address||P.O. Box 36647-1CR|
Dallas, Texas 75235
|Social Media Handles||Twitter – @SouthwestAir Facebook – @SouthwestAir|
Frequently Asked Questions
In short, Southwest Airlines does not allow passengers to transfer the ownership of their fares to someone else. However, if the passenger has a refundable fare, they can rebook the fare in someone else’s name.
Also, passengers can cancel, refund, and rebook their ticket within 24-hours of the original booking. Regardless of the fare class.
No, Southwest Airlines does not allow the transfer of travel credits from one passenger to another.
In short, no, the majority of the airlines do not allow the transfer of the ownership of a ticket. However, in extreme cases, like the death of a passenger, Southwest will refund their fare.
In order to convert your Travel Funds into LUV Vouchers, you should contact Southwest customer assistance. And request the same. However, you can only do this once & the airline will charge you $100 from your voucher’s value. know more about transfer policy with southwest airlines manage booking in an easy way.