With TSA PreCheck, you can skip extended security queues and avoid taking off your shoes, laptops, liquids, belts, and light jackets. When traveling with family, taking advantage of the United Airlines Add TSA PreCheck line can reduce your time going through security to just a few minutes. More than 200 airports across the country offer TSA PreCheck, and 83 airlines participate. It is a risk-based program that makes it easier for travelers with prior approval to enter. The airlines screen all applicants to ensure they meet the program’s requirements. Read the blog carefully to clear all your doubts and queries.
What is TSA PreCheck?
A membership-based program called TSA PreCheck enables travelers to take advantage of accelerated screening at airport security. In addition to keeping your shoes, belt, and light jacket on during screening at participating airports, you can keep your laptop and liquids with you. This facility makes your traveling hustling-free.
Only U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and legal permanent residents can apply for TSA PreCheck. Due to inaccurate or incomplete application information, transportation security law violations, or other disqualifying circumstances, applicants may not be eligible.
Steps – How To Add TSA PreCheck On United Airlines
For new bookings
- Firstly, when you log into your United MileagePlus account when making a reservation, your PreCheck number will be pre-populated.
- Secondly, you must add it to a flight reservation during the booking process. Dial +1-805-270-2709 for help.
- Thirdly, click the “KTN & Redress Number” drop-down menu after filling in your details.
- Finally, enter your PreCheck number in the “KTN/PASS ID” box.
For existing reservations
- With your TSA PreCheck number, you can also make changes to already-made reservations. Visit the “Manage Reservations” section of the website, a kiosk at the airport, or the United app, then select “Edit Traveler Information.”
- Log in and view your account to add your PreCheck number to your United MileagePlus profile.
- You can find the “Saved Travel Documents and Numbers” section by clicking “Profile and Preferences.” Here, you can edit your profile and add your PreCheck number.
How will I know that I have TSA PreCheck?
- As long as your provided Known Traveler Number (KTN) indicates that you qualify for TSA PreCheck, the boarding pass will display a TSA PreCheck indicator.
- TSA PreCheck lanes are only accessible if your boarding pass displays a TSA PreCheck indicator.
- If you think the TSA PreCheck indicator should have been on your boarding pass, contact TSA Customer Support over the phone, submit an online form, or connect with @AskTSA on Facebook Messenger & Twitter.
How To Apply For TSA PreCheck
- A background check and fingerprinting appointment at an enrollment center can be made after submitting an online application and doing so in five minutes.
- Please be aware that there are two places where you can legitimately register online for TSA PreCheck: tsa.gov/precheck and universalenroll.dhs.gov.
- Any website that does not end in “.gov” and claims that it enables users to sign up for TSA PreCheck is not an official TSA PreCheck website or dial +1-805-270-2709.
- First-time TSA PreCheck applicants must complete their application and pay in person at a TSA enrollment center; they cannot pay the enrollment or application fee online.
- Online payment details are not requested from first-time applicants.
- TSA PreCheck applications cost $85 for five years.
- We advise you to review the eligibility requirements before applying carefully.
One of the best amenities you can purchase is TSA Precheck. Including it in your flight reservation can avoid waiting in a long line. The membership fees are also extremely low. When traveling with family or by yourself, it is always the best option to purchase. Therefore, it is advised that passengers buy and utilize its facility after reading about it in detail. Then, have a pleasant and trouble-free journey!
● Members with active email and phone numbers will receive renewal notifications from TSA’s enrollment provider.
● Members will be notified for six months, three months, one month, and two weeks before their expiration.
Although some applications can take up to 90 days, most applicants receive their KTN, which is Known Traveler Number, in 3-5 days. In addition, by phone, email, text message, or online check, applicants can get updates on the status of their enrollment applications.
You can choose to pay the TSA PreCheck Application Program fee with the options below:
● debit card,
● credit card,
● money order,
● company check, or
● certified/cashier’s check.
● TSA PreCheck Application Program members can call on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. ET to update their name, address, or other records-related information.
● An online inquiry submission is also an option.
● You will get information on the necessary paperwork to process the change.
● You won’t be able to use your United Airlines Add TSA Precheck benefits while traveling until the name change procedure is complete.
● If you change your name without updating your TSA PreCheck membership to reflect the new information.
TSA PreCheck applications cost $85 for five years.
Though some applications can take up to 90 days, most applicants get approval notification in 3-5 days. Due to this, applicants are urged to renew at least 90 days before the license expires. TSA will let members know if they qualify.
The pre-notification indicator “TSA PRECHECK” can be found on the boarding pass just below the passenger name field. In addition, the PreCheck logo will be visible on mobile boarding passes in the top-right corner, above the barcode.
More Helpful Links –