Last updated on December 28th, 2022 at 08:08 pm
Got a minor error in your name while booking with Alaska Airlines? You need to hurry and change the misspelled name as no passenger can board the plane with a mismatched name on your passport, according to Aviation Industry rules. And if you are doing it within 24-hours of booking then you don’t have to pay for the name change. Because most of the airlines will normally charge an administration fee to do so after 24 hours.
Alaska Airlines allows its customers to make corrections in their names. But you need to follow certain rules and regulations as per the Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy. Read this guide to have a piece of thorough knowledge about the Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy or dial the helpline at +1-888-906-0670.
What is Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy?
What happens if you have booked your ticket with Alaska Airlines and suddenly find a typo error in your name? Luckily, you do not have to worry as Alaska permits its passengers to modify the minor mistakes in their name. To understand more about it, read the Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy mentioned below:
- You can change your name without paying if you are doing a name change within 24 hours of booking.
- Want to change your last name because of your marriage? Don’t worry, just carry your marriage certificate. This will be considered as proof and the airport authority will allow you to enter.
- If you have changed your name in legal documents after booking and before departure, you can change your name with no additional fee.
- If you are correcting your name after 24-hours of the original booking, you need to pay a change fee to do so.
When does Alaska Airlines Change Name on Ticket?
Alaska Airlines only allows once for the minor correction of name that is for free under the given situations:
- If the names have been inverted
- Last name change due to divorce/marriage
- Need to complete the first name
- If the spellings are misspelled
- Correction for not more than 3 letters
How to Change Name on Ticket With Alaska Airlines?
If you had already understood the Alaska Airlines Change Name Policy then you can start with changing or making corrections in your name by following one of the methods given below:
Change Name on Ticket via Official Website
- To initiate, customers need to go to the official website of Alaska Airlines or dial the helpline at +1-888-906-0670.
- Now, select the Manage Booking option.
- After that, you need to enter your last name and then the confirmation code.
- Next, find your bookings and then click on the option on ‘Flight Change’.
- Choose the flight that you want to make changes to and then proceed with that and change your name.
- In the end, choose the payment option to pay the change fees if required.
Change Name on Ticket Via Phone Number
- Alaska Airlines allows passengers to make minor corrections in their names by dialing their toll-free phone number to contact customer care service.
- Alaska Airlines Customer Care Phone Number: 1-800-654-5669
- Enlighten the expert team with all the relevant details to let them make minor corrections on your name on your behalf.
Change Name on Ticket via Airport Kiosk
Yes! You can modify your name at the airport too. But this method is the least one to use to make corrections in a name in comparison to other facilities. You can contact a spokesperson at the Airport Kiosk and let them make a spelling correction on your behalf.
Key Points Need to be Considered When Changing Name
Alaska allows its customers to change their names if required. If you are going to make any changes in your name, consider the below-mentioned points carefully, so that you do it easily:
- As per the Alaska Airlines 24-hour change policy, if you are making any change n your ticket within the first 24 hours of booking, you do not need to pay charges for it.
- To change the name on your ticket, go to the “Manage Travel” tab on the official website of Alaska Airlines.
- If you are failed to make changes in the 24-hours correction window, you are going to pay $125 to make any in your name as a penalty.
- Keep in mind that Alaska only allows changing the typo error that needs to be changed in a single letter.
- But in case you need to change your full name, you need to show some legal documents which are duly signed and stamped by an authorized person to proceed with that.
- If your flight has been booked via a third party (a travel agent), contact them to change the name on the ticket.
Alaska Airlines Name Change Fee
Alaska Airlines will be charging a fee for the corrections in your name registered with the airlines.
- The name change will cost you nothing if you are making any changes in your name within 24 hours of the original booking.
- You need to pay $125 to do corrections in your name with Alaska Airlines if failed to do in a 24-hour window.
Subsequently, Alaska Airlines does not allow passengers to transfer their tickets to another person’s name because of some security reasons.
It could be possible if the passenger cancels his/her ticket and another passenger books a new one.
No, the middle name is not an issue with any airline. Whereas, your first name and last name should be the same as your passport and airplane ticket. It does not matter if you are remembered by your middle name, make sure you are booking your ticket with your first name. Because your first and last name is going to appear on your passport, not the name you are known by.
Yes! Your name in your passport should be the same as your air ticket. And basically, you should make sure that your name must be the same on all of the documents you are using for travel such as driver’s license, passport, frequent-flier accounts, etc.