When you plan a trip, you want that to be peaceful and hustle-free, right? So you want to book your flights with such airlines, which provide you with utmost relief and mental peace. Your peace of mind decides the accessibility of an airline. You look for this in an airline to book your flight with. Refundable flight cancellation fees are one of the most fruitful things to experience. Likewise, to keep it alive, Air France Cancellation Policy refunds flight cancellations. You can cancel a flight without paying any cancellation fees for it. You can cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking your flight.
Air France Cancellation Policy – Latest Rules For Cancellation & Refund
The Air France Cancellation policy offers you the benefits of convenient and flexible booking of flights. You must pay the penalty if you cancel the flight a few hours before the departure. Now let’s discuss the Air France Cancellation policy for all types of flights.
Air France Cancellation Policy For Non-Refundable Tickets
You are aware that Air France Airlines provides flight tickets that are changeable and refundable. The Air France cancellation policy applies to refundable and non-refundable fares. So there are a few guidelines that you need to follow before going for the procedure.
- The cancellation policy applies to the unflown segment.
- For non-refundable fares, passengers can directly apply for cancellation and can receive future credit vouchers.
- For non-refundable fares, the voucher equals the sum of the booking value that is applied to the portion minus the cancellation fees.
- The voucher is valid for one year from the date of cancellation, and you can use it to buy a new flight.
- The fare difference will be accepted if the new flight you booked with the airline has a higher fare than your voucher. If the flight’s fare is low, the airline will not refund.
- The fare will be refundable only in case of death, injury, or medical issues.
Air France Cancellation Policy For Refundable Tickets
There are a few guidelines that will help you in getting back your fare through refundable flight tickets.
- Refundable fare flights have a flexible cancellation policy.
- A cancellation request can be made up to 4 hours before departure for international flights.
- For domestic flights, a request for flight cancellation can be made 2 hours before departure.
- When there is a no-show case, the passengers can cancel the flight and get the fare back as a refundable fare after the scheduled departure.
- There will be no cancellation fee waiver under any circumstances.
Air France 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
If you are willing to cancel the flight with Air France Airlines within 24 hours of booking, you can undergo a free-of-cost process. There will be no cancellation charges applied. It is essential to note that if you try to cancel the reservations on the same day of departure, you cannot credit the refundable fees. The Air France cancellation fee applies only when you cancel the flight within 24 hours of departure, without any cancellation charges. Now there are a few points that you can consider before heading toward the cancellation process. Make sure you land on these points.
- You should ensure that the departure date is 7 days from the day of the reservation to get a complete refund on the flight cancellation.
- The passengers in a group are eligible for Air France 24 hour cancellation policy and are subject to a group contract.
- The policy does not cover any reservation booked with a travel credit voucher.
- There is no Air France cancellation fee if you cancel the flight in 24 hours.
Air France Award Ticket Cancellation Policy
Like any other cash ticket cancellation and change fees policy, award tickets have varying costs that could be clearer. Here are a few tips and ways to help you understand the fee structure before booking your next award flight.
- If you change your travel destination, you will have to pay extra for the mileage of the new route. If the mileage cost is less, you will not get a refund.
- In a few cases, you will get taxes and fees paid for the flight ticket minus the charges you have to make changes. In such cases, you might not get a refund for the mileage or anything back.
- All fees are subject to change depending upon the type of flight you have made the reservations with. You must check all the ticket terms and conditions before making the reservation. The Air France award ticket cancellation policy defines it effectively.
- Some rewards have a validation of 1 year from your purchase date. The warranty is only applicable for 1 year, and there will be no changes and extensions on the last date of it.
- There is a particular elite status tier that waives the entire fees of award ticket fees.
- You can make some changes on the same day of departure on a few airlines for the same fees.
If you are looking to change your flight instead of cancelling it, go through the Air France Flight Change Policy.
Air France Cancellation Fees – Cost For Cancelling A Flight
The cancellation fees of Air France are the lowest amongst the other airlines. The charges are $45 to $125 at Air France Airlines as per the type of ticket, time of cancelling tickets, class of services, etc. You must pay the cancellation fees to claim the airline refund. If you plan to cancel a ticket, you should do it soon to avoid the impact of a cancellation fee reduction at the time of repayment.
You can cancel the ticket anytime and from anywhere. The ultimate condition is booking the ticket 48 hours before departure. Here, you will learn what comes under Air France Cancellation Policy and the cancellation fees. If you have canceled within 24 hours of the reservation, the Air France Cancellation Fees will be zero (0). You will get the refund in your bank account. You can make use of E-vouchers for your future travels.
A non-refundable penalty will apply to the passengers who demand a voluntary refund on their reservation. There will be no fees for the passengers cancelling it within 24 hours. Therefore, Air France Cancellation Fees vary online, at the airport, or by phone.
|Time Limit||Online Cancellation (in USD)||Phone Cancellation (in USD)||Airport Cancellation (in USD)|
|Outside 24 hours||200||250||200|
|Within 24 hours||Free||Free||Not Allowed|
Air France Policy For Flight Cancelled By The Airline
The Air France Cancellation Policy allows you to receive a refund if the airline cancels your flight. The airlines provide you with two choices, either opt for an alternative flight without paying any extra charges or simply claim your entire refund. The choice is yours. Per the policy, passengers having delayed or canceled flights have a right to claim a refund. Whatever the compensation is, you have the right to collect it from the airline. Let’s discuss the circumstances a flight faces and make the cancellations.
Delayed Flight Compensation
If you get to know that your flight has been delayed by the airlines, you have the right to see the reason behind it. You can go to the service counter and ask them to answer you directly. There are a few steps to follow here;
- You have to write a letter asking about the reason behind the delay in your flight and submit it at the service counter.
- If the delay is for 3 and more than that, you will get food, other refreshments, and complete compensation.
- If the delay is more than 3 hours, you can ask for the compensation of unused ticket rewards.
|Delay Length||Flight Distance From Point A to Point B||Compensation Amount (in USD)|
|3 hours or more||Less than 1500 km||250|
|3 hours or more||Between 1500 and 3500 km||400|
|3-4 hours||More than 3500 km||300|
|4 hours or more||More than 3500 km||600|
Restrain Passenger To Board
Sometimes, the airlines do not allow passengers to board the flight due to overbooking; you have the right to take a stand for it by following a few steps:
- You can cancel your booking and can ask for a complete refund of the booking.
- Passengers should be provided with the right to stay if the alternative flight is on the following day morning.
- The airlines provide extra compensation on connecting flights, where passengers must change their flight at an in-between airport.
Cancelled Flight Compensation
If the passengers have a confirmed flight and it is canceled by the airlines in less than 14 days from the scheduled departure, the compensations are;
|Flight Length||Compensation Amount (in USD)|
|Less than 1500 km||250|
|Between 1500 and 3500 km||400|
|More than 3500 km||300|
How To Cancel An Air France Flight?
You can do the cancellation process through online and offline methods. To cancel your booking online, you will be required to visit the Air France Manage Booking facility. You can cancel your booking by visiting the airlines’ service counter at the airport. Passengers can cancel the international flight 3 hours before their departure and for domestic flights 2 hours before departure.
You can cancel the booking by online mode. You will need confirmation and a ticket number to make the cancellation. The passengers can do it at their convenience. Follow these easy steps to do the procedure of cancellation.
- Visit the Air France website or the application.
- Now press on “My Bookings.” and select the itinerary you wish to cancel.
- Fill in the passenger details and confirmation number.
- Press “Yes” and confirm in the pop-up notification about the cancellation.
- You will get a notification about the confirmation of the cancellation.
- Fill out the form to claim the refund.
You will get the refund fare in your bank account within 10 days after cancellation.
Passengers are uncomfortable using the internet and don’t know the online method. You can cancel by visiting Air France or the airport ticket counter. The cancellation process ca take place at the airport. It will be the best option to do and with ease.
Airlines Customer Service
- You can call on the customer service number of Air France Airlines. The number will be available on the ticket or official website.
- You will be connected to a live person.
- Now tell your booking number and passenger details to the customer to help.
- You can get your bookings cancellations in minutes and claim your money in your account within a certain period.
Procedure To Apply For Refund From Air France
- Tickets, whether refundable or non-refundable, the airlines will give you the claim if the cancellation of the flight is made within 24 hours from departure.
- You will receive the refund in standard modes.
- Money in cash, by credit card, or by cheque will be credited within 15-20 working days.
- Credit card payments reflect in the account within 7 to 10 working days.
- Air France Business class flight tickets are easily refundable, whereas economy class type is non-refundable.
- You will get a cash refund only for refundable tickets, and you will get a voucher credit otherwise.
- Group bookings are ineligible for a refund on cancellations.
Steps To Get A Refund
- Visit the official handle of Air France Airlines.
- Log in to your account and click on ‘Manage Booking.’
- Now search for a refund and follow the instructions mentioned.
- Fill in the confirmation number and the passenger’s details.
- Upload the documents for canceling related to non-refundable type flights.
- Lastly, To finish the process, press ‘Confirm.’
Frequently Asked Questions
How to cancel my flight with Air France?
You can make the cancellations by visiting the official website of the airline and clicking on ‘My Booking.’ The Air France cancellation policy varies according to the terms and conditions of the ticket booked.
How much is the cost to cancel the flight on Air France?
The booking cost is $100 to $500, depending upon the conditions of the ticket after crossing the risk-free cancellation period of 24 hours. The business class and refundable flights can be canceled anytime, free of extra charges, even after 24 hours.
Can I cancel my Air France flight and get my money back?
Yes, you will get the refund once the cancellation is made within 24 hours. You can ask the Air France staff to provide you with a travel voucher card. The voucher is valid for 1 year.
How to track the refund status on Air France?
You can track the refund status online or by contacting the customer service of Airways. You can also do it by visiting the official website of Air France by clicking on ‘My Booking’ for further process. All you need to do is fill in your booking number and track your cancellation.
How to appeal a request for a refund on Air France Airlines?
Although refunds are automatically generated by the airlines, you can apply online at the official site of Air France. You can also reach out to the customer care service for ease.
How much time does Air France take to refund?
The airlines take 7-10 working days (business) to refund the amount to your account. Sometimes, it takes a few weeks to reach out to you.
Can I cancel an award ticket with Air France?
Award tickets can undergo a cancellation policy depending upon the terms and conditions of Air France Airlines. The award ticket is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
When the price drops, do I get a refund from Air France?
Yes, you will get the rest of the price as travel credit in your account. It will be valid for one year from the date of issuing if the prices drop.
Can Air France vouchers be refunded?
Yes, the vouchers of Air France Airlines get refunded, as you call them, as the fare exchange of the ticket cancellations. Whatever the reason behind your ticket cancellation, you will get a refundable fare.
What is the email ID to get a refund from Air France?
You must contact [email protected]. For refundable claim from Air France Airlines. You can request a flight cancellation and refundable fare on this mail ID.
Is it possible to cancel the Air France flight after check-in?
Yes, you can cancel your flight after check-in. You can cancel your booking for an international flight 3 hours before your departure time and 2 hours before domestic flights.
When can I cancel my Air France flight?
If you booked your flight with Air France Airlines, you could cancel it within 24 hours of the departure time. If there is time in your flight take off then you can simply do the cancellation process within 7 days of your booking.