There can be situations where your trip plans can go south, and you have to cancel them. All your bookings, including flight reservations, go to vain. But more cumbersome is canceling your flight. It can be ridiculously boring and complex. However, this is not the case with Porter Airlines. The Porter Airlines Cancellation Policy proves to be a delight for passengers traveling on it. Porter Airlines charges cancellation fees according to the fare class. So, if you have a reservation on a Porter flight and somehow planning to cancel it, then this blog is for you.
Porter Airlines Cancellation Policy
- You can’t change or cancel your flight on Porter Airlines if you have purchased the basic fare tickets.
- However, Porter Airlines allows its passengers carrying Basic fare tickets to cancel their booking within the grace period.
- All fares may be canceled by the passengers up to one hour before the planned departure of the booking, with the exception of Basic Fare tickets.
- According to Porter Airlines’ cancellation policy, standard fares are non-refundable and subject to a fee per passenger per trip. Moreover, flexible tickets are non-refundable, and you have to pay cancellation charges for them.
- If a traveler cancels a ticket with Porter Airlines, they will get a future travel credit, equivalent to the amount of the ticket, which is valid for one year from the date of issue.
- However, you must utilize the credit within 12 months of the original booking date. The value of a travel credit can be utilized several times until it has been used up in full. It is also entirely transferrable.
- Porter Airlines waives the flight cancellation fees if the passenger cancels the flight within 24 hours of purchase. However, you can avail of the benefit when the scheduled departure date is at least 7 days away at the time of cancellation.
- When a passenger does not show up for their flight and does not cancel it, then the unused flight segment remains non-refundable. Moreover, they will not receive any future travel credits.
- Porter Airlines offers free cancellation on flights booked before May 31, 2022.
- You can cancel the Porter flights online only if you have made reservations through official portals.
- Porter Airlines does not charge any cancellation fees in case of a medical emergency or the death of a close relative.
Porter Airlines Cancellation Policy for Refundable Tickets
- A refundable ticket holder may change or cancel their flight up to one hour before taking off.
- The airline will not impose some cancellation fees if the flight is canceled within 24 hours of purchase for passengers with refundable tickets.
- Credit card payments will be transferred to the bank account in accordance with the Porter cancellation policy. Your account will get the reimbursement within 7 business days.
Porter Airlines Cancellation Policy for Non-Refundable Tickets
- Travelers with non-refundable tickets may ask for refunds in instances of a medical emergency.
- However, Porter Airlines does not offer refunds for non-refundable tickets.
- If the passenger carrying non-refundable tickets cancels it within 24 hours of purchase, then there will be no deductions. However, after 24 hours of booking, they must pay cancellation charges if they revoke their bookings.
Porter Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Porter Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy allows you to cancel any flight within 24 hours of booking and get a full refund if the flight departs at least 7 days later.
The following restrictions and conditions apply to Porter Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy:
- Porter Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy would apply to both restricted and non-restricted ticket types.
- However, the grace period cancellation policy does not cover Porter Airlines reservations made using frequent flyer miles.
- Moreover, group bookings (reservations with more than 9 persons) do not apply to Porter Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Outside of the 24-hour risk-free cancellation period, Porter Airlines will levy a cancellation fee.
Porter Airlines Bad Weather Cancellation Policy
Unfavorable weather can result in flights being cancelled or rescheduled by the airline. Trips become uncertain due to bad weather. According to Porter Airlines’ weather cancellation policy, if your flight is cancelled by the airline itself, you will be rescheduled on another flight or will be offered the option to secure a refund. Thus, passengers will have the maximum benefit.
On the other hand, if you are suffering from COVID-19, then you will also receive a full refund for canceling the flight. However, under Porter Airlines Covid-19 policy, you have to submit test results to seek a refund.
Porter Airlines Cancellation Fees
It is always best to be aware of your specific airline’s cancellation policy since this might enable you to save a lot of money. Depending on the ticket type and the time of cancellation, each airline assesses a different fee. Here is a full breakdown of Porter’s cancellation fees:
|Time of Cancellation
|Under 24 hours of booking
|1 hour before departure
|No refund or credit
|Cancellations within 45 days of departure
|Cancellations outside of 45 days of departure
|Porter Airlines cancellations for VIPorter points redemptions
|Porter Airlines Same-day cancellation
|Porter Airlines Same-day cancellation for direct flights between Toronto and Newark – New York (EWR); or between Toronto (YTZ) and Montréal (YUL) or Ottawa (YOW)
Ways To Cancel Porter Airlines Flight?
Porter Airlines allows passengers to conveniently cancel their booking through the Porter Airlines Manage Booking facility. There are three ways to cancel the Portal Airlines flight tickets.
Online Process to Cancel Flight
1. Go to Porter Airlines’ official website first.
2. Next, click “Manage Flights” on the website’s home page.
3. After that, click “My Bookings” from the three choices that appear under that option.
4. You will now be on a page with a form. Fill it out by entering your information, including your “Confirmation Number” and “Last Name.”
5. Now, click “See Itinerary” after entering the necessary information.
6. Your flight details will appear on the screen.
7. Choose “Canel or Modify your Flight.”
8. The cancellation charge and refund value will appear on your screen.
9. Pay the cancellation charges.
10. Upon the completion of all the procedures above, you will get a confirmation e-mail.
Cancellation Process Over Phone
Call Porter Airlines and follow these instructions to cancel your flight:
- After being connected to an airline executive, give them the 13- or 6-digit e-ticket number.
- Request the executive to cancel your booking.
- Tell the agent to revoke your reservation. The executive will tell you about the ticket cancelation eligibility and fees.
- Pay the cancelation fees, if applicable.
- The agent will confirm your cancelation, and you will receive an email.
Talk to a live person at Porter Airlines now to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel Porter Airlines’ basic fare tickets?
No, you cannot cancel Porter Airlines’ basic fare tickets. However, under the 24-hour cancellation policy, you are eligible to cancel the basic fare ticket.
What is Porter Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy?
According to Porter Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers can cancel the flight booking without paying any extra fees within 24 hours of booking.
Does Porter Airlines offer refunds?
If you cancel a reservation within 24 hours of making it, you can ask for a refund without incurring any fees. Moreover, the refund depends on the type of fare you have and the time of cancellation.
How long will it take Porter Airlines to process my refund after cancellation?
After deducting the cancellation fee, Porter Airlines take 7 to 10 days to process your refund after cancellation.
What is the cancellation fee for Porter Airlines’ standard fare bookings?
Porter Airlines charges a 200 USD per person per direction trip cancellation fee for Basic Fare tickets, which are not refundable.
How can I cancel the Porter Airlines flight ticket?
You can cancel the Porter Airlines flight ticket by visiting the official website of the airline and navigating to the manage my booking option. You can also call the airline.
How to cancel Porter’s flight over a call?
You can call Porter Airlines by dialing the toll-free number to get in touch with a representative. You should share the flight details and request him to cancel the flight. The representative will cancel your flight after payment of cancellation fees.
How much does canceling Porter Airlines Freedom fare tickets within 45 days of departure cost?
Porter Airlines charges no cancellation fee for freedom fare ticket holders. There will be no deductions if a passenger cancels the flight within or outside 45 days of departure.
Which fares are eligible for a 24-hour cancellation policy?
All restricted and non-restricted fares are eligible for a Porter Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy. However, reward points booked flights are not eligible for a 24-hour cancellation policy. Moreover, group bookings cannot take advantage of the 24-hour cancellation policy.
Will I get a refund for canceling my standard and flexible fare bookings?
You will receive future travel credits after deducting the cancellation cost for Standard & Flexible tickets. The basic ticket, airline surcharges, government taxes, and levies are all subject to credit. You must use the credit within 12 months of the initial reservation.
What are the cancellation fees for VIPorter points bookings?
Here is the breakdown of cancellation fees for VIPorter points bookings.
- Basic Fare – Not Allowed.
- Standard Fare – $150.
- Flexible Fare – $125.
- Freedom fare – Free.
What details do you need to cancel the Porter flight bookings?
You will need the booking confirmation number and the passenger’s last name to access the flight information for canceling the flight.