Do you know about Southwest Business Select? Well! The term “Business Select” may confuse you because Southwest Airlines has different cabin classes from other airlines. Southwest Airlines Business Select has many features like Economy Plus. In this cabin class, you will not only get the wider seats but also you will get several high-class amenities that you will be going to learn below. So, if you are going to reserve Southwest Business select seats then learn the important things about this cabin class first.
Southwest Business Select Premium Features
Unfortunately, Southwest Business Select is a little expensive, but you don’t need to be disappointed as Southwest Airlines will serve you better in return for that. You will be served with premium and quality features from the time you arrive at the airport until you arrive at your final destination. Read the list below to learn about the benefits of booking a Southwest Airlines Business Select flight seat.
- Guaranteed boarding on Southwest Airlines a1 and a15.
- Priority Lane Access.
- Complementary Drinks.
- The passenger of Business Select will get the opportunity to earn 12 points on a single dollar on flights that qualifies.
- Passengers can claim a full refund.
- Complementary Standby and same-day change.
Benefits of Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card for Business Select Cabin Class
- When traveling internationally, passengers don’t need to pay any transaction fees.
- Depending on the kind of Southwest credit card they own, cardholders will receive a specific number of anniversary points between 3,000 and 9,000.
- For every $10,000 spent, Southwest Airlines passengers will earn 1,500 Tier-Qualifying Points, with a maximum of 15,000 Level Points.
- The annual fee will be reduced to $100.
Southwest Priority Card Benefits for Business Select Cabin Class
- Southwest transactions get 2X Rapid Rewards.
- Purchases from partners for hotels and auto rentals earn 2X Rapid Rewards.
- All other purchases will earn 1X Rapid Rewards.
- Southwest offers a travel credit of $75 per year.
- Passengers on Southwest Airlines will get 7,500 anniversary points every year.
You can use the rewards for booking or upgrading to Southwest Business Select via the Southwest Manage Booking section. The Southwest Rewards are virtual currencies that you can use to make payments instead of real currency.
Guaranteed A1-A15 Boarding In Southwest Airlines Business Select
Southwest Airlines flights A1 and A15 are the first to board, which means you will have the opportunity to board early. Other than Southwest Airlines Business Select, you can sit wherever you want because Southwest Airlines does not assign seats to passengers. If you are going to reserve Southwest Airlines business class seats, then you can book your desired seat by talking to a Southwest Live representative in advance. Southwest Airlines Business Select seats let you board early and avoid paying the $15 per-way Early Bird fee.
Southwest Airlines Business Select Seat Size: Is it really worth it?
Southwest Airlines Business Class is noticeably very similar to First Class and Economy Plus. In Business Select, there will not be a separate lounge available for you. In this class, all seats are 17 inches wide, which means there is no difference between your seat and the other available seat. However, the money spent on booking is well spent because you will receive many other premium amenities in addition to the best comfort and privacy.
Southwest Airlines Business Select vs Anytime Fares
Southwest Business Select
- Business Select is a refundable ticket.
- You will have the opportunity to earn extra points.
- Complementary same-day changes are allowed.
- On qualifying tickets, you can earn points on each dollar.
- You can carry two checked bags for free.
Southwest Airlines Anytime Fares
- Anytime fares are refundable.
- You will get the opportunity to earn around 10X points on each dollar.
- Check-in early.
- full refund even at the last minute of cancellation.
- Free same-day flight changes and complimentary standby.
Steps To Reserve Southwest Business Select Seats
- Search for www.southwest.com.
- Scroll down a little.
- Choose your trip type.
- Fill in the departure and arrival points.
- Choose the departure and return dates.
- Select the number of passengers.
- Click on the search icon.
- On the next page, you can select the flight from the first column, which shows only business-class seats.
- At last, pay the fees for booking successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Business Select on Southwest mean?
You can choose your seat in Southwest Business Select before the rest of the passengers to get on the flight. With Southwest Business Select, you will get 36 hours to check-in in advance, which you can do even online through the official site or app at your convenience.
Does Southwest Business Select include drinks?
A Southwest Business Select ticket will cost you more, but you will get complimentary drinks for each direction. Also, you will earn Southwest Points that you can use to make future bookings with Southwest Airlines. Additionally, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available on the list of complimentary drinks.
Is Southwest Business Select a bigger seat?
There is no difference in the size of seats as the seat dimensions of all the cabin classes on Southwest Airlines are the same. The only difference you will notice while traveling in Southwest Business Select is that you will receive extra legroom that will give you more comfort in comparison to the other cabin classes on Southwest.
Does Business Select get priority boarding on Southwest?
Southwest Airlines passengers who purchase the Business Select ticket will be guaranteed priority boarding in Southwest Airlines A1 and A15. Also, if you have not purchased the Southwest Business Select ticket, you can upgrade it to get priority boarding as a business select passenger.
How many bags can I check on Southwest Business Select?
Two free checked bags on Southwest Airlines are allowed. If you bring two golf bags or three skis that are under the weight limit, the airline will count them as free checked bags at the check-in counter. Additionally, each checked bag should not weigh more than 50 pounds.
Are Southwest Business Select fares fully refundable?
If you are canceling your Southwest Airlines Business Select flight ticket within the 24-hour timeframe applied by Southwest Airlines, you will be able to claim a full refund. If you purchased your Business Select ticket via flight credit, the airline will give you a refund in points only, which cannot be converted to cash. However, you can apply the travel credit refund to future bookings.
How much does it cost to upgrade to business select on Southwest?
To upgrade a flight on Southwest Airlines to Southwest Business Select, you will need to spend $30 to $50 each way. If you are upgrading a flight for a heavy route, then you might not be able to upgrade as the Southwest upgrade opportunity is limited. Also, you will be required to pay the fare difference.
Does Southwest serve meals on 6 hour flights?
- If you are traveling more than 600 miles, you will be served pretzels and salted peanuts.
- If you are traveling between 601 and 1,270 miles, the airline will serve you packets of snacks.
- Also, you should know that Southwest Airlines does not offer any sort of meals or sandwiches to passengers on any route.