Canceling flights at the last moment can be an expensive and confusing step to take. However, Cathay Pacific understands the situation of its flyers that sometimes travel plans get changed or cancelled. Therefore, Cathay Pacific provides the most flexible cancellation policy to its travelers to cancel their flight tickets conveniently. So, to know more about the Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy, process, and fee, read this guide till the end.
Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy – Guidelines To Know
Cathay Pacific is one of the best international Airlines that offers convenient and straightforward services to its flyers. So, if a traveler wants to cancel their Cathay Pacific flight ticket for any reason such as due to bad weather, due to illness, etc., then, they must know about all the terms and conditions of Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy. Here are some of the rules of Cathay Pacific flight cancellations policy that every flyer must know before canceling their flights.
- According to the Cathay Pacific cancellation policy, you cannot get a refund for those flight tickets that are used or lapsed.
- Travelers can cancel their flight ticket without paying the cancellation if they cancel it within the same day of booking.
- However, if you cancel your Cathay Pacific flight after 24 hours, you need to pay the cancellation fee.
- As per the Cathay Pacific cancellation policy, if a passenger owns a flight ticket that was purchased two years ago, but still it is still unused then they can request an airline refund.
- Moreover, if the Cathay Pacific flight gets delayed or cancelled for any reason, travelers can request compensation.
- However, passengers will only get a refund based on the ticket fee, the destination of travel, ticket booking, and other such factors.
- According to the Cathay Pacific cancellation policy, if passengers have made a group booking, they cannot cancel the booking for a single passenger rather they need to cancel the entire reservation.
About Cathay Pacific’s 24-Hour Cancellation Rule
The Cathay Pacific 24-hour cancellation policy applies to all fare types including refundable and non-refundable fares which are promoted by Cathay Pacific. Here is a quick overview given below of the Cathay Pacific 24-hour cancellation policy.
- According to the Cathay Pacific 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers who want to get a full refund for their cancelled flight ticket need to initiate the refund request within 24 hours from the date of reservation.
- In addition, the travel date should be 7 or more days from the date of flight booking.
- The 24-hour flight cancellation policy of Cathay Pacific is only eligible for flight originations to and from Canada and the U.S.
- As per Cathay Pacific’s 24-hour cancellation policy, any flight cancellation refund request is processed from the airline within 7-10 business days in the original model of payment.
How To Cancel Cathay Pacific Flight? (Online or Offline)
Cathay Pacific allows passengers to cancel their bookings through both online and offline ways. They can cancel their flights from the official website, via phone calls, and by visiting the airport.
Online Cancellation – Manage Booking Method
Passengers of Cathay Pacific have multiple ways by which they can cancel their flights such as through the website, Via phone call, and by visiting the airport. Here are the quick steps by which travelers can cancel their Cathay Pacific ticket online:
- Firstly visit the official website of Cathay Pacific.
- Now, click on the ‘Cathay Pacific Manage Booking’ option.
- After that, sign into your manage booking account by entering the country code, phone number, and valid password.
- Now, select the Cathay Pacific trip, that you wish to cancel.
- After this, tap on the ‘Cancel Booking’ tab.
- Now, Cathay Pacific will ask you i you want to cancel your booking or not.
- So, click on ‘Confirm’ to cancel your bookings with Cathay Pacific.
- Once your flight is cancelled, you’ll get an email regarding your flight cancellation on your registered E-mail address.
Cancel Cathay Pacific Reservation Over a Phone Call
Cathay Pacific always focuses on resolving the issues of its passengers as quickly as possible. According to the Cathay Pacific flight cancellation policy, passengers can directly call the airline representative on their toll-free number which is 1 (833) 933-2244. With the help of the contact number travelers can reach out to the executive and cancel their flights. Here is a simple instruction given below which passengers can follow to cancel their flight with the help of an airline representative:
- Firstly, visit the official site of Cathay Pacific.
- Now, scroll down the page, and you’ll get the ‘Contact Us’ option, tap on it.
- Here you’ll get the number of Cathay Pacific representatives.
- Dial that number and you’ll get connected with the airline representative.
- Now, you can share your concerns with the representative regarding your flight cancellation.
- After that, share the required details with the airline official including your name, number of tickets, date of departure, and other relevant details.
- And with the given details, the representative will start to search for your flight reservations.
- After that, the airline official will cancel your flight booking on your behalf.
- To complete the flight cancellation procedure you need to pay the cancellation fee as well.
- After paying the fee, your flight bookings will be cancelled.
- And then, you’ll get the confirmation over an email once the process has been completed.
Request Flight Cancellation by Visiting the Airport
Passengers can cancel their Cathay Pacific flights by visiting the airport. Canceling a flight at the airport terminal is a good option for those passengers who are already at the airport. If any passenger wants to cancel their flight from the airport’s terminal, they can do it by visiting the ticket office.
Once the traveler reaches the airport they can ask the airline officials to connect with the person who’ll cancel their flight. After that, they can share the reason for the flight cancellation. Then, the airline official will ask for your seat number, booking date, name, and booking reference as well. With the help of the given details, they will cancel the flight. The flyer will get a confirmation email that their flight has been cancelled.
Cathay Pacific Cancellation Fees Same For All Tickets
According to the Cathay Pacific cancellation policy, the cancellation fee remains the same for approx. $150 regardless of the ticket type purchased by a traveler. However, if a passenger buys a refundable ticket and cancels it, the airline deducts $150 as a cancellation fee and credits the remaining amount to the passenger’s account. Also, the cancellation fee of Cathay Pacific is not applicable on the non-refundable ticket type and the entire fare of the ticket is forfeited and thereby traveler will not be eligible for a refund.
Further Guidelines On Getting Refunds From Cathay Pacific
- As per the Cathay Pacific refund policy, passengers need to cancel their flight first before requesting the airline to cancel their flight reservation.
- Travelers can get a full refund for their ticket if they cancel within the first 24 hours of the reservation.
- Also, flyers need to wait at least 7 working days to get back the refund in their bank amount. It also depends upon the bank type and the payment mode.
- Cathay Pacific provides the refunds to its passengers as travel credits or as in the original form of payment.
Bookings that can be refunded
Cathay Pacific offers a refund for flight cancellation if the bookings are made directly from the official website or app if the:
- If the passenger has added their Cathay Pacific membership number to their flight reservation at the time of booking or within 24 hours after reservation.
- If the flight reservation was made more than 8 days before the departure of the first flight of the flyer.
- Cathay Pacific will also provide a refund if the booking amount was paid with cash or a mix of miles and cash.
Bookings that cannot be refunded
Cathay Pacific doesn’t provide a refund for the booking if they are:
- If the flight ticket has been used, reissued, rebooked, etc.
- Also, the airline does not credit the refund amount to the passenger’s account if they hold a split reservation.
- Moreover, a refund request is also not granted by the airline if it is made after the date and time for free cancellation.
How To Request A Refund From Cathay Pacific?
You can follow the given steps to request for a refund from Cathay Pacific:
- Firstly, go to the official website of Cathay Pacific.
- Now, tap on the ‘Manage Booking’ tab.
- After that enter your user ID and password to get the details of your bookings.
- Now, provide your ticket number and full name on the Cathay Pacific flight ticket.
- Once you get your reservation, click on the ‘Reebook and Refund’ option.
- After that follow the on-screen instructions to get your complete refund from Cathay Pacific.
NOTE: If you have purchased your Cathay Pacific flight ticket from a travel agent then, you have to contact them to cancel your reservations.
How long does the Cathay Pacific refund take?
Generally, it takes up to 7 working days for Cathay Pacific to process the refund request of a traveler. However, if any traveler has bookings that include interline flights or interline services o more details are still required to proceed with the refund of the traveler then, the refund proceeding will take longer time than usual.
What happens if Cathay Pacific cancels flights?
If the flight of any passenger gets cancelled from Cathay Pacific’s end, the airline offers a refund to its passengers. However, if you voluntarily cancel your non-refundable flight ticket you’ll not be able to get a refund.
Moreover, if your Cathay flight is missed or cancelled due to any disruption or delay the airline will automatically rebook a flight for the traveler onto the next available flight, within the same cabin originally purchased.
What should I do when a Cathay Pacific flight is cancelled?
If your Cathay Pacific flight is cancelled by Cathay Pacific at the last moment, then you can follow the given tips to claim your compensation:
- Always stay at the departure gate until you hear from the airline about compensation, refunds, and the next available flight.
- Always seek a written confirmation with the airline citing the reason behind it.
- Most importantly, do not trash your boarding pass and travel-related documents.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Cathay Pacific have free cancellation?
As per Cathay Pacific flight cancellation policy, passenger can cancel their flights for free if they cancel their reservation within 24 hours of the tickets being purchased.
How much is the cancellation fee for Cathay Pacific?
According to the Cathay Pacific cancellation policy, the flight cancellation fee is $150 regardless of the ticket type purchased by the traveler. However, if you have a refundable flight ticket, then, the airline will refund you the remaining amount after deducting the cancellation charges.
Does Etihad Airlines allow passengers to cancel their flight within 24 hours?
Yes, Cathay Pacific allows its travelers to cancel their bookings within 24 hours. Moreover, the flyers are not required to pay the cancellation charge if they cancel their flight bookings within 24 hours.
How can I cancel my Cathay Pacific flight if I purchased the flight ticket from a third party or agency?
If you have purchased your Cathay Pacific flight ticket from a third party or a travel agent, then you need to directly contact them to cancel your bookings.
What are the ways to cancel the flight bookings of Cathay Pacific?
Cathay Pacific offers both online and offline modes to its passengers for flight cancellation. They can cancel the flight from the official website, via phone call, or by visiting the airline.
Does Cathay Pacific offer refunds to its passengers after they cancel their flights?
Yes, if you have bought a refundable flight ticket from Cathay Pacific, then the airline will provide you a refund after deducting the flight cancellation charges.
How can I request Cathay Pacific for a refund?
Yes, if you have cancelled your Cathay Pacific flight ticket, then you can request the airline from the Cathay Pacific website.
Is it cheaper to cancel a Cathay Pacific flight or a no-show?
If you think that you can’t catch your flight at the correct time it is better to cancel the flight rather than a no-show. Because if you have a refundable flight ticket then you’ll get a refund even after canceling your flight.
What happens if Cathay Pacific cancels my flight?
If the flight is cancelled from Cathay Pacific’s end then, in this case, the airline will compensate you. Even if the booking of the flight is delayed the airline will compensate you.
How can I cancel my Cathay Pacific flight over a phone call?
If you a purchased a flight ticket from Cathay Pacific, you can cancel it over a phone call. You’ll get the phone number on the official number. After that, you need to share your flight details and your personal details with the airline representative and they’ll cancel your reservation.