Last updated on January 18th, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Jetblue Business Class, known as Blue Extra, launched in November 2019. Basically, it is an upgraded version of economy class and a little lower in terms of amenities than mint class. In rush, you may not be going to get the desirable flight class that’s why Jetblue suggests booking a flight a few days prior to the scheduled flight. When it comes to booking Jetblue Blue Extra, you have to make a booking in advance for a flexible journey.
If you are planning to go somewhere through Jetblue Business Class and are unaware of its services, then here is a guide for your query. Check out the amenities that you will get in Blue Extra, the Step-by-Step Guide to Booking a Flight, and the fees that you will be required to pay.
Amenities To Avail of In JetBlue Business Class – Blue Extra
- Jetblue Business Class is prepared for those who prefer speed and flexibility in their journey.
- Passengers will be able to avail of extra legroom.
- A variety of drinks and snacks will be served throughout the journey.
- when the flight takes off, passengers can connect their devices to Wi-fi that delivers high speed.
- 62 inches of LED attached to each seat.
- Passengers can come along with one personal item and one carry-on luggage for free.
Advantages of Jetblue Blue Extra Seats
- Priority Boarding.
- Advance Seat Selection.
- Complementary Changes to your itinerary.
- Fast Travelling Experience.
Jetblue Business Class Seats with more Space
The legroom for the Jetblue Extra Seat can vary from 32 inches to 34 inches, depending on the aircraft. Contrarily, the seat width of the Blue Extra is variable, ranging from 17.8 inches to 18.4 inches. Select JetBlue Even More Space if you want seats with more width and legroom.
Jetblue Extra Baggage Allowance – Carry Your Favourite Item On Journey
- Customers of JetBlue Business Blue Extra are welcome to bring one free carry-on bag with them on the flight.
- Additionally, you are allowed to bring one personal item on the aircraft, such as an umbrella, purse, laptop, etc.
- With the Blue Extra ticket, no checked luggage is included.
- Jetblue Extra Baggage Fees will cost you around $150 for each bag.
Step-by-Step Guide To Book A Flight in Blue Extra
Book A Flight via the Jetblue Official Site
- Open www.jetblue.com.
- Navigate to the booking form, which is available on the homepage.
- Select the type of trip that you prefer.
- Select the number of adults, children under 14, or lap infants.
- Fill in the departure destination.
- Fill in the arrival destination.
- Provide the departure and return dates.
- If you want to spend points (miles) on the flight ticket, then click on “Use True Blue Points.” If not, then skip it.
- Click on the Search flight button.
- After a few seconds, you will be able to see all the available flights on the screen.
- Choose one of the given options on the screen as per your requirements and proceed with the rest of the on-screen instructions.
- At last, use dollars or points to complete the booking process. Additionally, you can modify the details you’ve provided in the booking form later through the JetBlue Airways Manage Booking section.
Via Talking Directly On Call with Jetblue Live Representative
- Pick up your phone and dial 800-538-2583.
- After passing the IVR voice menu, you will be connected with a live person at JetBlue.
- You have to ask them to book your flight in Blue Extra, and then they will start the process.
- Provide all the required information they ask for.
- At last, you can use your points or pennies to complete the booking process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Blue extra mean on JetBlue flights?
JetBlue Business Class, also known as Blue Extra, allows passengers to obtain priority check-in and priority boarding facilities. There will be no additional or hidden fees if you change or cancel your flight. During the journey, you will observe the high speed.
Is JetBlue Blue Extra worth it?
The most amazing part about Jetblue Blue Extra is that passengers will not need to pay charges for same-day changes and standby. You can cancel your flight without incurring any fees. You will also be able to use the Priority boarding and boarding facility as the Blue Extra is located at the front of the plane.
Can you upgrade to Blue extra on JetBlue?
The passenger who has purchased Blue Basic Fare will be able to upgrade to Blue Extra on JetBlue Airlines. Also, if there is a fare difference, you will have to pay for that too. If you are changing the route and the distance is greater than the previous route distance, then the airline will add the extra charges to the actual cost of your flight ticket.
Do you get free checked bag with blue extra?
All checked bags must be paid for separately and are subject to additional fees for Blue, Blue Basic, and Blue Extra tickets. Only two checked bags are allowed, and they should not be more than 60 pounds in total. If you are adding a third bag, you will only have to pay $150 as an extra baggage fee.
Does Blue extra include priority boarding?
Yes, on Blue Plus and Blue Extra on JetBlue. You will get priority boarding with Priority Check-in. Not only this, JetBlue Blue Extra will allow you to get off the flight first as your cabin is located in the first section of the flight. Also, priority boarding, check-in, and getting off the flight first fall under the complimentary service.
Is Blue extra economy?
It is a business class but known as “Blue Extra” on JetBlue. Blue Extra has amenities like the other airlines’ premium economy classes. When you book a flight ticket with Blue Extra, you will be able to enjoy some premium perks such as seats with more length and width, priority boarding and check-in, drinks and snacks, and much more. Blue Extra Tickets can be purchased online and at the airport via the Live representative at the helpdesk.
Is Blue Extra better than blue?
There is a big difference between all of the JetBlue flight classes, as each offers different perks. When it comes to Blue Extra, the big difference you will notice is that you will land at your final destination much faster in comparison to the other flights because of its great speed.
Are Blue extra seats refundable?
If you have a non-refundable ticket, you will have to change or cancel your flight 24 hours prior to the scheduled flight to claim a refund. If not, the money that you spent on the Blue Extra ticket will not be refunded. On a refundable ticket, you can change or cancel even three hours before the departure and claim a refund.