A prominent Singaporean low-cost carrier, Scoot Airlines has been in operation for over a decade. The airline can fly its passengers to over 50 exciting destinations across Asia, Europe and Oceania. Have you booked a flight with Scoot to one of these destinations but won’t be able to make the flight? Scoot Airlines is one of the most strict airlines when it comes to its cancellation policy. If you are hoping to get a refund for an already booked flight, read further for details on Scoot Airlines Cancellation Policy, making a refund request, cancellation fee, and more.
Scoot Airlines Cancellation Policy – Rules For Requesting A Refund
Unlike other major airlines, getting a refund from Scoot Airlines is easier said than done. There are only a few circumstances that allow a passenger to cancel their flight and receive back the paid amount. Scoot Airlines has briefly discussed the cancellation rules & guidelines on its official website.
Below we highlight the essential takeaways from Scoot Airlines cancellation policy:
- Tickets issued by Scoot Airlines are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
- Only under the following circumstances can you cancel your flight and request a refund:
- Medical reasons
- Death of passenger
- Death of an immediate family member
- In all the above scenarios, necessary documentation will be required to be submitted in order to initiate the refund process. Documents may include (but are not limited to):
- Medical certificate stating that the passenger is unfit for travel.
- Death certificate
- Proof of a relationship (in case an immediate family member has passed away)
- These documents must be submitted to the airline through the online form available on the Scoot Airlines website.
- Once Scoot Airlines has received the supporting documents, the airline will review the refund request.
- If you are eligible for a refund, Scoot Airlines shall refund you in the form of Scoot Travel Vouchers. These travel vouchers can be used to book a future flight with scoot airlines.
- Refunds are made within 30 business days.
- You can cancel your reservation online via Scoot Airlines Manage Booking.
Note: Scoot Airlines Travel Vouchers are non-transferable.
Cancellation & Refund Policy For Delayed or Cancelled Scoot Airlines Flights
Even though Scoot Airlines doesn’t allow passengers to cancel their reservations, if the flight is cancelled or delayed, there is a good chance that the passenger shall get adequate compensation.
As per the airline’s cancellation & flight delay policy, if your flight is cancelled by Scoot Airlines, you will be eligible for a refund of your ticket. Furthermore, a refund shall be available if your flight was delayed by 4 hours or more. For any flight cancellations and schedule changes, Scoot Airlines notifies its passengers through email and/or SMS. If your flight was rescheduled or cancelled and you did not receive any notifications for the same, you will rightfully be eligible for compensation.
Cancellation Guidelines In Case Of Covid Travel Restrictions
Passengers who are not able to travel on an already booked Scoot Airlines flight due to Covid travel restrictions are recommended to go through the Covid-19 travel policy. In most travel restriction cases, you will be able to get a refund, although, it is important to note that Scoot Airlines takes a while to review all its refund requests. If your booking was made through a travel agency or any other third-party service, you must contact them directly for faster results.
How To Apply For A Refund With Scoot Airlines?
As stated in the Scoot Airlines Cancellation Policy section, the airline only allows passengers to cancel their flight and get refunded under exceptional circumstances such as medical illness. In such cases, you can request a refund both online and offline. Both these methods are discussed in detail below:
Online Refund Form
To apply for a refund online, you must fill out the refund form available on Scoot Airlines’ website. The entire process is discussed below in detail:
1. Open the Scoot Airlines website on your preferred web browser.
2. In the header of the website, hover your cursor over ‘Your Booking’.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on ‘Help’.
4. On the webpage that opens, scroll down and click on the ‘Email Us’ button.
5. In the ‘Case Category’ option, select the ‘Request’ option.
6. Under the ‘Sub Category’, select ‘Refund’.
7. Fill out the ‘Message’ section explaining the reason for canceling your booking.
8. In the second section of the form, simply fill out the passenger’s personal information.
9. If you are submitting any supporting documents, click on the ‘Attach Files and Submit’ button.
10. Otherwise, simply click on the ‘Submit’ button and your refund request shall be sent to Scoot Airlines.
Once Scoot Airlines has successfully reviewed your refund request, you will receive an email from them. As mentioned earlier on this webpage, refunds are processed within 30 days. If your refund request was approved but the refund hasn’t been processed, you must contact the airline via its contact number.
Refund Request for Cancelled or Delayed Scoot Airlines Flights
If your flight was delayed by 4 hours or more, or it was cancelled by Scoot Airlines, the process for requesting a refund is pretty straightforward. Simply follow the below-listed steps:
- Visit the Scoot Airlines Manage My Refund page.
- Fill in your Booking Reference.
- Provide your email address.
- Click on the Refund My Booking button.
Offline Refund Request (via Phone Call)
If you are having trouble requesting a refund online, you can also dial the Scoot Airlines phone number and talk to a live person at Scoot Airlines. Once you are connected with a live representative of the airline, you can state your request. The live person shall ask you for your booking details (ticket confirmation number, passenger details, etc.) and subsequently submit a refund request on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions – Scoot Airlines Cancellation Policy
Q. What is the cancellation policy of Scoot?
Scoot Airlines does not allow any of its tickets to be cancelled or refunded. Only under exceptional circumstances shall the airline allow you to get a refund. Furthermore, refunds will be issued in the form of travel vouchers within 30 days from the date of request submission.
Q. How long does Scoot take to refund?
Scoot Airlines days a maximum of 30 business days to issue a refund. If this time limit has elapsed and you haven’t been refunded, you are recommended to get in touch with a Scoot Airlines representative via its helpline number.
Q. Does Scoot charge to change flights?
Scoot Airlines allows a flight change up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure for a fee. You will also be required to pay the fare difference (if any).
Q. Is Scoot the same as Singapore Airlines?
Scoot Airlines is a low-cost carrier that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. The former has a codeshare agreement with the latter. Since it is a low-cost carrier, Scoot won’t be offering you a luxurious flight experience the way Singapore Airlines does and the fares are understandably cheaper.
Q. Do Scoot Airlines offer refunds?
No, Scoot Airlines does not offer refunds to passengers on any fares. However, one can apply for a refund under some circumstances, such as death, a road accident, etc. Also, the airline will provide credits as a refund within 30 days that you can use to make future bookings.
Q. Is Scoot usually delayed?
Due to some technical issues, flights operated by Scoot Airlines often experience delays. Unfortunately, you will not be able to claim any refund or compensation in this case.
Q. Can Scoot be rescheduled?
Yes. Scoot Airlines allows passengers to reschedule their flights in both online and offline ways. But this should be done four hours prior to the departure.
Q. Does Scoot have a cancellation fee?
If Scoot Airlines cancels your flight, you will not need to pay for the cancellation charges. If the flight is cancelled by you, the full ticket fare will be charged, which means you will not be able to get a refund.
Q. How do I contact Scoot?
To contact Scoot, you should visit the official website of Scoot Airlines. After that, reach out through the contact us page. Here, you will find the contact number as per your region. Get the number, and when you dial it, you will be connected with the live person. You can now ask them any question you want.
Q. how to use the Scoot refund voucher?
On the payment page, click on the voucher tab, then hit on the voucher option. As you click on the voucher, it will automatically be applied to the payment.