Jetstar Airways always tries to fulfill the expectations of the traveler. Due to its flexible policy, travelers enjoy flying with it. One of the key attractions of Jetstar Airways is its cancellation policy. Jetstar Airways Cancellation Policy allows passengers to cancel their booking without any challenges. However, like every other airline, there are some conditions and restrictions for canceling a Jetstar flight.
Let’s dive into the details of its cancellation policy so that you can process your cancellation request easily.
Jetstar Airways Cancellation Policy – Key Guidelines To Cancel Flights
- Jetstar allows passengers to cancel their bookings.
- Jetstar Airways Cancellation Policy is applicable on both restricted and non-restricted fares.
- The cancellation fee is according to the route and the ticket fare.
- After the cancellation confirmation, the Jetstar Airways flight refund process will take 7 to 20 days.
- Passengers will receive the refund in the original form of payment.
- Jetstar Airways’ cancellation policy is applicable only on tickets purchased through official platforms of the airlines like website, app, call, or airport counter.
- Jetstar allows a risk-free cancellation period in which travelers can cancel their booking without incurring any extra charges.
- Both International and domestic flights are subject to the same compensation/refund provisions, which are based on Australian Consumer Law.
- All cancellations have to be made prior to the flight’s departure.
- Passengers can cancel their bookings until the check-in counter opens for the flight. For domestic flights, check-in opens 2 hours, and for international, it’s 3 hours prior to the flight departure.
Jetstar Airways 24-Hour Flight Cancellation Rule
Like many other carriers, Jetstar also offers a risk-free 24-hour cancellation period. Under the Jetstar Airways 24-hour cancellation policy, if passengers cancel their reservations in the first 24 hours after booking, the airline will not deduct any amount. The cancellation made within 24 hours period is free. Also, there won’t be any service charges.
However, passengers can enjoy the benefit of risk-free period cancellation only when the flight departure is 7 days ahead.
The policy applies to both restricted and non-restricted fares.
Covid-19 Cancellation Guidelines Issued By Jetstar Airways
Firstly, Jetstar Airways will get in touch with you personally to let you know about your choices if COVID-19 causes the cancellation of your forthcoming journey. Jetstar Airways Covid-19 cancellation policy is still effective.
Depending on the circumstances of the cancellation, passengers may get an option of a free date or time adjustment, a credit voucher equal to the entire value of the untaken/unused flights, or a cash refund. Passengers will surely receive a credit voucher for the whole of the ticket booking amount if they book a domestic or international reservation before May 26, 2022.
For flights impacted by COVID-19, Jetstar Airways (JQ) and Jetstar Asia (3K) have granted credit vouchers that can be used through December 31, 2023.
Cancellation Policy For FareCredit Bookings
If you have a FareCredit booking, then you can enjoy more benefits in case of flight cancellation.
Here is some information about the FareCredit:
- FareCredit is accessible only on the checkout page when you make your initial booking. It is not available after the booking.
- You can use it for a single ticket or for all flights in your booking.
- It applies to all the passengers in your booking.
- FareCredit is available on domestic flights in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and Trans-Tasman flights between Australia and New Zealand.
- However, FareCredit is available on only a few overseas flights.
Booking Flexibility Benefits Of Jetstar FareCredit
- Passengers having FareCredit bookings can cancel their tickets before offline check-in opens.
- Moreover, passengers will be able to cancel their flights for any reason.
- Passengers will receive a refund once they cancel their flight.
- The refund includes a voucher for the full amount of the ticket.
- Jetstar’s policy on canceled flights for flexibility reservations does not apply to free tickets, such as those for children.
- If there is an airport counter booking fee, passengers will not receive that in the credit voucher.
- The credit voucher will also contain the payments made through Points Plus Pay.
Jetstar Flight Cancellation Fee – How Much Does Cancellation Cost?
- Firstly, if the passenger cancels their bookings within 24 hours of reservation, there will be no cancellation charges.
- After the risk-free period, there will be nominal cancellation fees. The penalties will depend on the fare type.
- Jetstar Airways starter fare ticket holders will not receive any refund.
- Passengers who have Starter fare bookings with Flex bundle plans will receive Jetstar future travel credits.
- On the other hand, Starter and Business fare bookings under the max bundle can be canceled after paying small cancellation fees. The remaining amount will be refunded back to the original mode of payment.
Cancellation Fee By Jetstar Routes
- Domestic flights in Australia – AUD 50
- Flights between Australia and New Zealand – AUD 50
- Domestic tickets in Japan – JPY 3000
- International Jetstar Japan Tickets – JPY 3000
- International Jetstar Asia Tickets – AUD 50
- International Jetstar Airways Tickets – AUD 50
Compensation For Delayed Or Cancelled Jetstar Airways Flights
There can be circumstances that can lead to the cancellation of the flight by the airlines.
There can be delays due to security or technical issues, poor weather, or staffing issue.
Jetstar will rebook you on the next available flight that is convenient for you without additional cost if a delay or cancellation happens within 72 hours of the departure time and causes a change to your take-off time by three or more hours. You could also be eligible for a refund in place of it.
You might be eligible for additional reasonable compensation under the law. Passengers can also apply for a refund. Here are some provisions for domestic and international flights from Australia and New Zealand.
If there is a delay of more than 3 hours for an uncontrollable reason, Jetstar will provide you a credit voucher for the value of your flight upon request.
If there is a delay of more than 3 hours for reasons that are controllable by the airline, then you will receive a meal voucher. However, passengers have the option to get a reimbursement of $30 for a meal.
If there is an overnight stay, then Jetstar will provide you with accommodation. Passengers can request $200 AUD/NZD/USD reimbursement per room.
How to Cancel Jetstar Airways Flight Tickets?
The passengers have many options to cancel their Jetstar flights. They can choose the one they find convenient. To cancel your flight online, you must visit the Jetstar Airways Manage Booking facility. Passengers can follow these methods to cancel Jetstar flight bookings.
Online Method For Jetstar Flight Cancellation
Online flight cancellation is the easiest way to cancel a booking. Passengers can use the official website or app to process the request. Here are the steps to cancel Jetstar flight tickets.
- Firstly, go to the Jetstar Airways website. You can also use the app.
- After that, click on the ‘Flight’ option on the top menu.
- Choose the ‘Manage Booking’ option.
- On the next page, enter the booking reference number and the last name of the passenger to retrieve booking details.
- Choose the flight in your booking which you want to revoke.
- Click on the ‘Cancel flight’ option.
- Enter the reason for cancellation.
- After that, Jetstar will display your refund amount on the screen.
- Click on the confirm button to complete your request.
- Calling the Airlines
Jetstar Cancellation via Phone Call
- Start by dialing +1 866 397 8170.
- Connect with an airline representative.
- After that, share the flight cancellation request.
- The executive will ask for the booking reference number and other necessary details. Share the details.
- The executive will explain the cancellation eligibility and refund associated with the ticket.
- Confirm your cancellation if you are satisfied with the refund.
- The executive will complete your cancellation request.
Jetstar Flight Cancellation at Airport Counter
Passengers can also go to the airport counter to cancel their flight booking.
- They have to visit the airport counter and ask the executive to cancel the booking.
- The executive will ask you to fill out the cancellation form.
- Submit the form.
- After that, a representative will share the refund policy.
- It will get deducted from your account.
- The executive will confirm your cancellation upon approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Jetstar 24 hour flight cancellation policy?
Jetstar 24 hour flight cancellation policy allows passengers to cancel their flight booking in the first 24 hours of confirming their reservation without paying any cancellation fees.
What are the conditions for the 24-hour flight cancellation policy?
Under the Jetstar 24-hour flight cancellation policy, passengers have to meet two conditions
The reservation should be canceled within 24 hours of booking.
The flight departure date should be 7 days ahead of the time of cancellation.
How much time before I can cancel the Jetstar flights?
Passengers can cancel the Jetstar flights before the opening of the check-in counter. Passengers can cancel domestic flights 2 hours prior to departure, whereas international flights 3 hours before departure.
What is Jetstar’s Covid-19 flight cancellation policy?
If the passenger cancels the flight due to covid-19 or a country closes its border due to the virus, then Jetstar will provide you a refund in the form credit voucher. The credit voucher is redeemable till 31st January.
What is the cancellation policy for Jetstar Starter fare?
The passengers who are carrying Jetstar Starter fare with the Flex bundle will receive a travel credit voucher as a refund for canceling their flight. On the other hand, the Starter fare with the max bundle is eligible for a refund amount after deducting cancellation fees.
How much is the Jetstar cancellation fee for domestic flights in Australia?
Jetstar charges cancellation fees of AUD 50 for canceling domestic flights in Australia. Passengers traveling on domestic flights in Japan have to pay JPY 3000.
How long does it take Jetstar to process the refund?
Jetstar claims to process your refund after the confirmation of cancellation within 7 to 10 working days.
What are the ways to cancel Jetstar flight bookings?
Passengers have multiple options to cancel Jetstar flight bookings. They can use the official mobile app or website. They can also call the airline, visit the airport counter or write an e-mail.
How to cancel the Jetstar flight booking via call?
Passengers can call +1 866 397 8170 to get in touch with the airline’s representative. After that, they should request them to cancel the flight booking and share the relevant details to complete it.
How can I cancel the Jetstar flight booking through the official website?
It is the easiest method. Passengers can cancel the booking from the comfort of their homes. They should visit the official website and navigate to the manage my booking option. Enter the booking reference number and last name of the passenger to fetch the flight details. Choose the ‘cancel flight’ option to process the request.
On which route are FareCredit bookings available?
FareCredit is available on domestic flights in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and Trans-Tasman flights between Australia and New Zealand.
What are the perks of FareCredit booking in case of cancellation?
FareCredit bookings allow passengers to cancel their flight reservation for any reason before the offline check-in opens. Moreover, they will receive the full amount in return in the form of a credit voucher.