Etihad Airways is a well-known airline that serves passengers in straightforward ways in terms of booking or managing a flight. Both online and offline methods are available, by which passengers can even add extra itineraries to an already-made reservation. In this guide, individuals will go through the Etihad Airways Baggage Policy, which is a must-know before packing for any destination. Many restrictions are applied by the airline for each passenger that depends on fares. Read further to know about the baggage allowance or how to add baggage at Etihad Airways.
What is Etihad Airways Baggage Policy?
Both Checked and carry-on baggage can be added via Etihad Airways Manage Booking tool. Carry-on bags should be able to fit under the seat or in the upper bin. On the other hand, checked baggage must be checked in with the airline. Airlines store checked baggage in the cargo hold during the flight. Both bags has different allowance as per the Etihad Baggage Policy. Here are the details you must know:
Etihad Airways Carry-on Baggage Policy – Weight & Size Restrictions
Carry-On Baggage Weight Limit
- In Economy Class, one personal item and one carry-on bag that should not weigh more than 15 pounds are allowed.
- In business class, two complimentary carry-on bags with a maximum weight of 26 pounds are allowed.
- In First Class, less than or exactly 26 pounds of two carry-on bags are allowed for free.
Size Restrictions For Carry-On Items
- Your personal item should be exactly 39 x 23 x 19 cm or less.
- Your standard bag should be equal to or less than 56 x 36 x 23 cm.
Etihad Airways Checked Baggage Weight & Size Requirements
Checked Baggage Weight Limit
- In Economy Class, two checked bags weighing a maximum of 50 pounds are free when traveling to or from the United States and Canada.
- In Business Class, two complimentary checked bags with a maximum weight of 70 pounds are allowed when traveling to or from Canada and the United States.
- In First Class, passengers are allowed to carry two free checked bags weighing no more than 110 pounds. This policy is valid for travelers traveling to or from the United States and Canada.
Checked Baggage Weight Restrictions for locations except for the United States and Canada:
|Fare||For Business Class||For Economy Class|
|GuestSeat||66 to 88 pounds||50 to 88 pounds|
|Choice||88 to 99 pounds||66 to 88 pounds|
|Sale||N/A||0 to 44 pounds|
|ChoicePlus||88 to 110 pounds||77 to 110 pounds|
|Value||77 to 88 pounds||0 to 88 pounds|
Size Restrictions For Checked Items
As per Etihad Airways Baggage Policy, the size of checked baggage should not be greater than 90 x 72 x 45 cm.
Etihad Airways Baggage Allowance For Students
For Carry-on Baggage, you have to follow the baggage rules which apply to other passengers. However, you will be able to save up to 30% depending on the location and cabin class on checked baggage only if you are a student.
Etihad Airways Baggage Allowance for Disabled Persons
- In the flight, you can carry some devices with you such as crutches, assistive devices, canes, foldable walkers, etc.
- In both checked and carry-on baggage, you can carry medical equipments, and mobility aids for free.
- The length of the device must not be more than 81cm.
Special Baggage Rules – Sports Equipment, Musical Instruments, And Other Guidelines
- Etihad Airways baggage policy allows passengers to travel with golf clubs and other sports equipment.
- As per checked baggage allowance, passengers traveling with golf clubs can carry one golf bag without any additional charges.
- Small items like e-pipes, power banks, e-cigarettes, spare batteries, etc. must be kept in your pocket or in your personal or carry-on bag.
- A maximum of ten batteries that do not exceed 100 watt-hours are allowed for free.
- In cases where batteries are between 100 and 160 Wh, passengers are allowed to carry two batteries due to safety concerns.
- Electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, medical devices, or e-readers are allowed, and you can carry a maximum of 15 devices.
- If a musical instrument is able to fit under the standard baggage, passengers can carry it for free.
- Passengers need to purchase an extra seat for the musical instrument that is not able to fit in the standard cabin dimensions.
- A musical instrument packed as checked baggage must not be more than 70 pounds and 300cm in length.
- In the Standard Cabin allowance, medical equipment such as collapsible crutches, braces, walking sticks, or prosthetic aids are allowed.
- Pets, service animals, and falcons are allowed on flights operated by Etihad Airways under some conditions.
- Passengers should carry the correct documentation to carry pets, service animals, or Falcons. Otherwise, the airline will not allow them to board the flight.
Etihad Airways Lap Infant Baggage Guidelines
- When traveling to or from the United States and Canada, passengers are allowed to carry one additional item, a lap infant that should not exceed 50 pounds.
- On travels to or from destinations except for the United States and Canada, passengers can take up to one bag of 22 pounds without any additional charges.
Etihad Airways Baggage Fees For Extra/Excess Checked Bags
|Region||Additional 1 x 23 KG Bag||Additional 1 x 32 KG Bag|
|Aisa||250 USD||300 USD|
|Australia||275 USD||330 USD|
|Africa||250 USD||300 USD|
|Indian Subcontinent||250 USD||300 USD|
|Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Israel, and Qatar||225 USD||270 USD|
|Japan/Korea||275 USD||330 USD|
|Lebanon, Egypt, Sudan, Jordan||250 USD||300 USD|
How To Add Bags On Etihad Flight Booking?
When it comes to adding baggage, nobody will prefer to stand in line at the airport for hours. That’s why Etihad Airways has the most convenient and fastest way to add baggage to a reservation online within via Etihad Airways Manage Booking. Below are the steps given by which you can easily add checked baggage to your reservation quickly.
1. Open Etihad Airways official website.
2. Click on the Manage tab from the homepage.
3. Provide your booking reference or ticket number and your last name.
4. Click on the Find My Booking button.
5. Choose the Add Baggage option.
6. Choose the number of bags and their weight.
7. Review the cost of other details.
8. Click on the continue button.
9. Confirm the payment process and your baggage will be successfully added.
How To Add Baggage On Etihad Airways Booking Offline?
On the other hand, you can dial +971 600 555 666 to get the help of a live representative for adding your bag to your reservation offline. Also, you may be charged international calling charges.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if my checked bag doesn’t arrive?
Visit the airport customer service helpdesk and inform them about your baggage, which has not arrived yet. After your claim, the live person will ask for some information. Provide them with the required details, and then they will provide you with a property irregularity report. The Property Irregularity Report will help you track your baggage status.
What is the baggage allowance for Etihad?
At Etihad Airways, passengers are allowed to carry two checked bags weighing a maximum of 50 pounds in economy fares and two checked bags weighing 70 pounds each in business and first class when traveling to or from the United States and Canada.
How many bags can I carry on Etihad?
In Etihad Airways Economy Class, passengers are allowed to carry 1 personal item weighing up to 11 pounds and 1 carry-on item weighing up to 15 pounds. In Etihad Airways Business or First Class, passengers are allowed to carry 2 pieces of standard carry-on luggage weighing 26 pounds for free.
How much does Etihad charge for extra baggage?
On travel to or from the United States and Canada, airlines will charge $225 to $275, and $20 to $45 on travel to or from other routes except the United States and Canada.
Does Etihad allow 2 free checked bags?
Yes. In Etihad Airways Business Class or First Class, passengers are allowed to check two bags weighing up to 70 pounds each for free.
Does Etihad allow 2 cabin bags?
In Economy Class, Etihad Airways allows passengers to carry one personal item and one standard bag without any additional charges. If your baggage size is more than 23 pounds, the airline will charge you extra charges.
How much baggage is allowed on Etihad Airways?
Etihad Airways allows passengers to carry one personal item and one carry-on item in economy class, and no checked baggage is allowed for free. In Etihad Airways Business Class, passengers can take two cabin bags and two checked bags for free.
How early can you check in baggage for a flight Etihad?
For domestic flights at Etihad Airways, passengers must check their bags four hours prior to departure and at least two hours prior to departure for international flights.
Does infant get baggage allowance on international flights?
Bags for infants should not be more than 20 pounds in weight and 45 inches in linear dimensions. Also, airlines will charge you 10% of the total cost of an adult’s luggage for infant luggage.
What is the size and weight limit for checked baggage?
In economy class, checked baggage weight should not be more than 50 pounds, and 70 pounds in business class and first class, respectively. However, checked baggage size should not exceed 90 x 72 x 45 cm for all fares.
How do I claim lost baggage on Etihad Airways?
Before leaving the airport, reach out to the arrival desk and get the Property Irregularity Report for your baggage. In the Property Irregularity Report, you will be able to track the status of your luggage. If you forgot to file a Property Irregularity Report, you can make a claim for your lost luggage within 7 days of receiving the bags from the airport.
Can I track my lost luggage?
With the help of the Property Irregularity Report, passengers can track the status of their lost or delayed luggage.