There is no doubt why most parents or guardians find it difficult to let their children travel alone. Traveling without anybody’s company is not an easy task for any child. So, in this case, both children and parents get affected.
However, United Airlines makes it possible for children to travel alone without any issues. Moreover, if you let your child travel with United Airlines alone, you need to have information on United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy.
Once the parents or guardians have detailed information on this policy, the whole situation becomes easy for parents. Find out all the important information associated with United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy below.
Who is considered an unaccompanied minor?
It is crucial to have detailed information on United Airlines unaccompanied manner policy. However, it is even more important to know who is considered an unaccompanied minor. If one will not know who is considered an unaccompanied minor, there is no use in having detailed information on the policy.
United Airlines has clearly explained who they consider an unaccompanied minor. The points given below will help you let you know all about it in detail.
First and foremost, children whose age is from 5 to 17 years are part of the unaccompanied minor group. So, when the children from this age group do not have any adult or individual above 18 years traveling with them, these are the part of unaccompanied minors.
- United Airlines makes individuals eligible for traveling without any parent or guardian under their unaccompanied minor services.
- If you wish to seek Unaccompanied Minor services for international flights, that is also possible. However, remember, in this case, you cannot have any stopovers, and your flight needs to be non-stop.
- Furthermore, when you choose unaccompanied minor services, you are not eligible for flying with in-cabin pets.
- Lastly, the passengers need to know that according to United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, you are eligible for seeking unaccompanied minor services for united non-stop flights and united express flights.
About United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy-
The existence of policy makes the functioning easier. This is why this policy also makes the whole situation of a child traveling alone much more effortless. Furthermore, United Airlines make sure to lay down the policy that works in its passengers’ favor. Moreover, if you decide to let your child travel alone with this airline, you must-have information on United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy in advance.
Go to the points given below and find out about this policy in detail-
- Firstly, as per the united airlines policy, children whose age is five or less are eligible for traveling with a parent or any legal guardian. But remember, the age of the legal guardian should be above 18 years.
- Furthermore, if you have a child whose age is from 5 to 14 years and the eldest child whose age is between 15 to 7 years, then the child aged 5 to 14 years will be considered an unaccompanied minor.
- In addition to this, it is essential to know if you have a traveler whose ages from 15 to 17 and they choose unaccompanied minor services and have another individual traveling with them, they need to make one single reservation. This means it is essential for these two to travel under the same booking.
How to book a ticket for an unaccompanied minor?
Once an individual has detailed information on United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, the next thing they need to know is its procedure. Keeping in mind the needs of all its travelers, United Airlines has set up an effortless booking method. Also, passengers who wish to complete the booking process must follow some steps in the correct order. Once you follow the steps, you will be done with making the reservation.
Go to the steps given below and follow them in the same order to finalize your booking-
- Firstly, open your web browser and visit the official site of United Airlines. The passenger can also directly enter www.united.com.
- As soon as the site opens up, you need to look for the option of “reservation booking.”
- Click on this option and start with the booking process. While following the steps, you will see the option of entering the age of the passenger. Next, you need to click on the age bracket and tap on the “search” button.
- Furthermore, you will find all the information associated with unaccompanied minors in the next step. Go ahead to confirm the age of the passengers. Remember, if the age of the flyer lies in the age group of 5 to 14, you are eligible for paying the fee. That would look like the following image:
- Lastly, you need to add in the information of two adults who will be there to pick up the minor at both the departure and arrival airport.
Related; United Airlines Change Flight Policy
Fee structure as per United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy-
In addition to all the information above, it is essential to know about the fee structure in advance. Keeping in mind the budget of Flyers, United Airlines does not ask for a huge amount as a fee. Furthermore, this airline ensures that individuals do not have to make a hole in their pocket to seek unaccompanied minor services. The points mentioned below will help you know about the fee structure set by United Airlines-
- First and foremost, individuals need to know that unaccompanied minor services charges vary according to the number of children who travel alone.
- Furthermore, as per the United Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, the one-way flight fee is $150. Therefore, for the roundtrip flight, they are $300.
- Moreover, if unaccompanied minors travel under one booking, you need to pay $300 for a one-way flight. Therefore, for the round trip, it becomes $600.
If you’re still looking for more details about minor policy then visit united airlines manage booking.
Yes, United Airlines makes it possible to use these services if you have a credit card with this airline. Individuals with a card named Amex platinum are eligible for traveling without paying an unaccompanied minor fee.
United Airlines request individuals to reach the airport at least 30 minutes before the check-in time.
Children from the age of 5 to 14 years are eligible for these services. Furthermore, this is possible only if the age group from 5 to 14 years does not have any individual above 18 traveling with them.