Last updated on November 21st, 2022 at 10:04 pm
Are you concerned about your child who will be traveling all alone? Book your minor’s next flight under Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor program. Delta is an authentic airline when it comes to your kid’s safety. Thus, they have multiple requirements and policies for unaccompanied minors.
To know more about Delta Unaccompanied Minor rules, thoroughly read the blog given below:
Delta Unaccompanied Minor Policy- An Overview
The unaccompanied minor program is mainly provided by all major airlines. But, the policies vary from one airline to another. So, if you are looking for the safest airline for your child to travel alone, Delta Airlines is the one for you. Thus, read the guidelines for Delta unaccompanied minor given below.
- The airline will charge you the adult fare if you want your unaccompanied minor to travel within the United States. At the same time, the airline will charge an unaccompanied minor 75% of the adult fare on their international travel.
- Minors aged 5-14 must travel under Delta unaccompanied minor program.
- Minors aged 4 years or younger should also travel under unaccompanied minors but should be accompanied by a flyer of 18 years or above.
- It is not mandatory for minors aged 15-17 years to travel under an unaccompanied minor program.
- Children traveling under unaccompanied minors will get the barcode wristband their parents can scan and track their child’s journey.
- The airline allows the guardian or parent to escort their child, not beside the security area.
- Under Delta Airlines, minors traveling alone can enjoy the Delta sky zone, which includes video games and an unlimited buffet available at a few airports within the U.S.
- Delta can cancel the flight ticket of unaccompanied minors if their ticket gets cancelled due to some technical fault or involuntary reasons.
- The passenger who has purchased the ticket for the unaccompanied minor should declare himself as the guardian or parent of the child.
Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Takeoff & Boarding Rules
- It is suggested that the guardian or parent drop the minor flying alone Delta at the departure gate and remain at the airport till the time flight doesn’t take off.
- If the child travels through a connecting flight, the airline will provide the minor with Delta’s flight attendant assistance.
- A minor should sit in the aircraft’s rear so that the flight attendant can stay near the child for his safety.
Rules For Delta Unaccompanied Minor Pickup
- To pick up the minor from the airport gate, the airport authorities need the valid ID proof and signature of the person assigned to pick up the child at the airport gate.
- As per the airlines, the staff will not release the minor to another named person.
- In case the person’s name doesn’t match the name given at the time of check-in, then the airline authorities will call the accompanying parent of the minor to confirm the identity of the pickup person.
- The pickup person must generate a gate pass to pick the minor up from the departure gate.
Documentation Required for Unaccompanied Minor
You need an Id proof and a few documents when picking up and dropping off the child. Moreover, if you are the guardian or parent, you must show the documents mentioned below at the time of check-in:
- Photo ID (Passport, License)
- Address and contact phone number.
- Name, phone number, and address of the guardian or parent who will pick the child up from the destination.
Delta Unaccompanied Minor Fee – Price for up to 4 Childs
Under Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy, Delta airlines charge a nominal fee for the unaccompanied minor to travel from one destination to the other. The costs don’t vary, but the travel permit varies depending on the child’s age. For further details, go through the minor fee chart below:
|Delta Unaccompanied Minor Age||Travel Allowed/Not Allowed||Fees|
|4 or younger||Not allowed to travel alone. The child must be accompanied by an 18-year-old person or above.||NA|
|5 to 7 years||Can travel on limited nonstop flights||150USD each way|
|8 to 14 years||Can travel on limited nonstop and connecting flights||150USD each way|
|15 to 17 years||Can travel on limited nonstop and connecting flights||150USD each way|
How to Book Unaccompanied Minor Ticket on Delta?
You can book your unaccompanied minor ticket on Delta using the online and offline methods. To book a ticket, read the procedures in detail given below:
Book a Ticket Via Website
- First, go to the delta official website.
- Then, enter the details, such as flight from and to, travel date, and the number of passengers.
- Select the cabin class.
- Click on search flight.
- Afterward, select the class and enter the details of the passenger.
- Make the payment to confirm the booking.
Note: After making an online booking, you must call Delta Airlines to inform them that you have made the booking for an unaccompanied minor. If you made any mistake while filling out the booking form, you can correct that mistake in Delta Airlines Manage Booking section.
Book a Ticket Via Call
- First, dial 800-325-8847 to book your minor flight ticket.
- Carefully listen to the automated voice to connect with the live agent.
- Now, ask the live agent to book an unaccompanied minor ticket on your behalf.
- Then, the representative will tell you all the policies for unaccompanied minors on Delta Airlines.
- Make the payment to confirm the booking.
- In the end, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered mail ID.
Can a 14 year old fly unaccompanied on Delta?
According to Delta unaccompanied minor, if a child is traveling between the age of 5 to 14 years, then he must be enrolled under the unaccompanied minor program. Moreover, the child can travel on a few connecting and non-stop flights.
What age can a minor fly alone on Delta?
A minor can fly alone at the age of 15 or 15+ on Delta. They are not forced to get registered on an unaccompanied minor program.
Does Delta charge for unaccompanied minors?
Delta Airlines charges a fee of $150 each way for unaccompanied minors, whether traveling on a connecting or a non-stop flight.
What documents do minors need to fly Delta?
Minors must show their valid passport if they travel on an international flight. Meanwhile, on domestic flights, unlike adults, there is no need to show any state-issued photo Id.