JetBlue Airways Manage Booking feature allows passengers to add baggage to an already-made reservation in just a few minutes. There are different kinds of luggage with different JetBlue baggage rules that are necessary to know for each passenger. If you don’t know the JetBlue Airways Baggage Policy, then you probably face issues at the time of check-in. To avoid hurdles at the last minute, check out the details given below and pack your stuff accordingly.
JetBlue Airways Baggage Policy – Guidelines For Carry-On (Cabin item) & Checked Bags
As per the JetBlue Airways Baggage Policy, many restrictions are applied by the Airline, and it is a must to follow each passenger. Whether you have carry-on or checked baggage, if it matches the requirements as per the guidelines written on the official site, you are allowed to bring them for free. To let you understand better, Below are JetBlue baggage policies written for carry-on and checked baggage in detail. Read out the given guidelines thoroughly.
JetBlue Carry-On Baggage Rules
- If you have a single bag that is able to fit under the seat located in front of you, you can bring it without any extra charges.
- One Personal item is also free. For personal items, you can bring a Laptop bag, purse, backpack, etc.
- One free carry-on bag is allowed in Mint Fare, Blue Plus, Blue, and Blue Extra.
- Wheels and Handles will be counted in the total dimension of your carry-on bag.
- Domestic flights also offer free carry-on bag Blue Extra, Blue, or mint fare, or flight tickets including extra legroom.
- If you are late, a gate check will be required for carry-on items.
- If you have purchased extra legroom, you may even be allowed to bring one extra carry-on item.
Carry-On Baggage Size Restrictions
- Personal Item Size should not exceed 17 x 13 x 8 inches.
- Carry-on bag Size should not exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches.
Passengers Who Will Not Receive The Guaranteed Carry-on Bag On Board Facility:
- Passenger Traveling to or from London and Europe.
- Member of Mosaic Membership
- U.S. Military member who is currently working
- Unaccompanied Minors.
- Buyer of Blue Basic Fare
JetBlue Checked Baggage Rules
- You can bring Checked baggage on any JetBlue fare to any route.
- Passengers may bring two complimentary checked baggage depending on the type of fare.
- Anyone can add baggage to their reservation with the help of the official website, mobile application, or at the Airport counter.
- You can bring two free checked baggage for free on flights run by America if you have Mosaic Membership and AAdvantage Elite Membership.
Baggage Allowance By JetBlue Fare Types
JetBlue baggage allowance can vary depending on the fare type you have purchased. Read further for more details:
Blue Extra Fare Baggage Allowance
- If the weight of both two checked baggage is not more than 50 pounds, you can bring them at no additional cost.
- You are allowed to bring more than two checked baggage except free checked baggage but they require an additional baggage fee.
- Overweight and Oversized baggage is allowed.
Blue and Blue Plus Fares Baggage Allowance
- You can bring one free checked baggage of not more than 50 pounds.
- Additionally, Oversized and overweight luggage is allowed.
Mint Fares Baggage Allowance
- Two checked bags are free but they should not be more than 70 pounds.
- Four Checked baggage are allowed but you will need to pay extra baggage charges.
- Bags with extra size or weight require extra charges.
Overweight and Oversized Baggage Guidelines
- Passengers will need to pay additional charges if the size and weight are not matching with the requirements.
- The airline will also count the handles and wheels of the luggage in the total measurement.
- More than 50 and less than 100 pounds of checked luggage require $150 for each if you are traveling to or from London and Europe.
- Checked baggage of 160 cm to 203.3 cm, including handles and wheels, requires $150 for each bag if you are traveling to or from Europe and London.
Note: A snowboard, fishing rod, golf bag, skis, and skimboard will be counted as checked items. You can add these items while booking a flight online or visiting the airport baggage counter.
Flying With Assistive Devices On JetBlue Airways
- JetBlue Airways never count Wheelchairs, strollers, crutches, and other assistive devices as checked or carry-on items.
- If the dimensions of the carry-on item are more than the requirement, you will need to pay extra.
- You can keep your assistive items in the upper head bin if there is enough space left.
- If the assistance device is not able to fit inside the overhead bin, it must be gate-checked.
What To Do If Your Baggage Is Lost, Delayed, Or Damaged By JetBlue?
- When you report the airline for your lost or damaged bag, you will soon receive compensation and your lost bag.
- You can track your baggage status online.
- If you have not received your bag even after 21 days, JetBlue will consider it lost and let you proceed with the claim process.
- If the bag is damaged, visit the airport customer service helpdesk and report it before leaving the airport.
- Depending on the damage, JetBlue will repair it or offer you a new one.
- If your bag is delayed, JetBlue will deliver it to you as soon as possible.
- If the delayed baggage is not delivered within 24 hours, JetBlue will provide you with reasonable expenses.
- If you are at the airport and you have found that your bag is lost or damaged, navigate to the JetBlue Customer Service Counter and file a complaint.
- Dial 1-866-538-5438 if you have already left the airport to file a complaint.
JetBlue Airways Baggage Fees For Checked Items
There are several fares available at JetBlue Airways, and they all have different baggage policies and fares. The baggage fees depend on the type of fare you have purchased. Check out the table given below to know the JetBlue Baggage Fees as per fares.
Baggage Fees On Travelling within the Caribbean, Latin America, and the United States
|Fares||First Checked Bag||Second Checked Bag|
|Blue||35 USD||45 USD|
|Blue Basic||35 USD||45 USD|
|Blue Plus||Complimentary||45 USD|
|Blue Extra||35 USD||45 USD|
|JetBlue Plus Cardmember²||Complimentary||$45|
Baggage Fees On Travelling Between the United Kingdom, United States, and Europe
|Fares||First Checked Bag||Second Checked Bag|
|Blue Basic||65 USD||105 USD|
|Blue Plus||Complimentary||105 USD|
|Blue Extra||Complimentary||105 USD|
|JetBlue Plus Cardmember²||Complimentary||105 USD|
How To Add Baggage At JetBlue Airways?
Nobody wants the hassle of waiting in a queue to add baggage at the airport because it takes a lot of time. If you want to make it quick, you can add baggage on your own in minutes with the help of the JetBlue Airways Manage Booking feature. Here are the steps you need to follow if you want to add a bag quickly online.
- Open the browser and visit the JetBlue Airways website.
- At the top of the homepage, you will see some options. Click on the “Manage Trips.”
- Now you will be redirected to the new page. Enter your booking confirmation code or ticket number and your last name.
- Hit on the “Continue” button.
- If you don’t know your confirmation code, then click on the “Find your confirmation code” option given at the bottom.
- On the new page, choose the add baggage option.
- Provide the necessary details related to your baggage.
- After completing the payment process, the airline will send you the confirmation mail.
Also, if you are not comfortable with the Online way, you can dial 1-800-336-5530 to add baggage to your reservation offline. When you dial the given contact number, you will be connected with a JetBlue representative. Talk to the live person and let them complete the baggage process on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many bags can you take on JetBlue for free?
Passengers are permitted to check two bags of a maximum of 50 to 60 pounds for free. For more than 2 checked bags, you will be required to pay additional charges ranging from $150 to more, depending on the fares.
Does JetBlue offer free luggage?
Yes, JetBlue offers free checked baggage on Blue Plus, Mint, Mosaic, and JetBlue Plus Cardmember2 fares.
How do I avoid baggage fees on JetBlue?
Purchase Blue Plus, Mint, Mosaic, and JetBlue Plus Cardmember 2 fares.
Be a part of the JetBlue Loyalty Programme.
Apply your military documentation.
Use the JetBlue Credit Card.
Avoid packing unnecessary items.
Don’t purchase unnecessary items at the arrival destinations.
How can I follow up on my delayed or missing baggage with JetBlue?
First, file a complaint at the JetBlue customer service counter. If you already did this, dial +1-866-538-5438 to follow up with the central baggage services office. This number works all day, from 5 a.m. to 12 a.m.
What should I do if my baggage is delayed or missing?
If you find that your baggage is missing or delayed, immediately report it to the customer service counter at the arrival airport. If you already left the airport, dial the customer service number and file a complaint within 4 hours.
How can I apply for a reimbursement claim?
If you found an issue with your bag, report it to the officials within 4 hours. After you submit the request, you will receive the reimbursement within 21 days. If you have not received your delayed baggage within 24 hours, the airline will provide you with the necessary expenses. For reimbursement, passengers must provide receipts as proof.
How can I pay my baggage fee on JetBlue?
Passengers can pay for the checked baggage online via the manage booking section, offline by dialing the customer service number, or at the airport directly.
What should I do if my baggage is damaged in transit?
If your baggage is damaged during the flight, you can file a complaint at the arrival airport. After you file a complaint, the airline will inspect and check the condition. If the damage is small, they will fix it as soon as possible. if the damage is serious, they will offer you a new one.
What is my baggage allowance on JetBlue?
One carry-on, one personal item, and two checked baggage are free, but they depend on the kind of fare you have purchased. Holders of Blue, Blue Extra, and Blue Basic fares are not allowed to bring free checked baggage. Two checked baggage in Mint Fare and One in Blue Plus are free.
What extra baggage fees will I have to pay on JetBlue?
If the size and weight of your luggage exceed the requirements written in the JetBlue Airways Baggage Policy, the airline will consider them extra luggage, and you will need to pay $150 to more for each item.
What baggage allowance are lap infants entitled to?
Passengers can travel with items for lap infants, such as diaper bags, strollers, backpack carriers, car seats, booster seats, and child carriers, for free.
Does JetBlue pay for damaged luggage?
If the airline is responsible for your damaged bag, your bag will be repaired as soon as possible. If the damage is serious, they will provide you with a new bag.