Passengers treat their pets as their children and want them to travel to destinations with passengers. Therefore, the wait is over; now, the airlines allow passengers to bring their pets for the flight either in-cabin or as cargo. The Southwest Airlines Pet Policy offers pets a particular space with their owner, yet a specific fee is applicable. The pets should be vaccinated and must have a well-ventilated carrier. For more details about Southwest’s pet policy, read the article.
Southwest’s Updated Pet Policy – Essential Guidelines
According to the Southwest pet policy, passengers can only bring vaccinated domestic cats and dogs on flights. Therefore, pets can travel in a cabin under the seat in front of the passenger. Only six carriers per flight are allowed on southwest airlines, and pets are accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Thus, the airline does not permit pets on international flights or flights that include an international flight.
Rules & Restrictions On Southwest Pet Travel
- Southwest only allows cats and dogs to travel as pets on flights.
- Passengers can also buy the pet carrier from the airport counter or online through the official portal of Southwest Airlines Pet Policy.
- Minor Passengers are not allowed to carry a pet as per the Southwest Pet Policy.
- Pets with aggressive behavior that includes barking, scratching, biting, jumping, urinating, and growling are not allowed to board the flight.
- Passengers wishing to travel with their pets should inform the airline.
- Passengers cannot bring their pets on international flights. Travelers can only obtain their pets for domestic travel per the Southwest Pet Policy.
- There is six pet carrier capacity in Southwest Airline Pet Policy. Therefore, passengers should inform the authorities in case of pet travel in advance. The priority is given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If the pet gets ill during the flight, oxygen or first aid might not be organized.
- Southwest Airlines does not assume any liability for the health of pets.
- Pets are not allowed as checked baggage on Southwest Airlines.
Requirements For Pet Travel In Cabin – Carrier Size, Age Rules
- Passengers can only carry their pets inside a pet carrier, which should be leakproof and ventilated. Also, the pet carrier should not exceed the size limit of 18.5×8.5×13.5 inches.
- Only one pet carrier is applicable under a travel ticket with Southwest Airlines. So, passengers can have two small size pets if they can easily fit in one pet carrier.
- Pets inside pet carriers are considered personal carry-on items with the applicable fee. The reasonable price is subject to return if the passenger cancels their booking.
- Pet must be at least 8 weeks old to fly with Southwest Airlines.
- If the pet is larger than the size of a child who is under 2 years of age, then passengers need to take an extra ticket for the pet. However, the pet should still be placed under the purchased seat and not on the seat.
- If the pet gets ill during the flight, oxygen or first aid might not be organized. Southwest Airlines does not assume any liability for the health of pets.
- Pet carriers are acceptable with soft-sided and hard-sided carriers.
While passing through security, passengers must pick up their pet and walk towards the screening device when the carrier is x-rayed. The pet carrier is checked by both the transportation security administration and airline personnel.
Health Requirements For Bringing Pets Onboard
When booking a Southwest Airlines flight, it’s essential that only fully vaccinated pets are allowed on board, and the airline requires health documents for your furry friend. Before making reservations, it’s recommended to consult with a veterinarian to ensure your pet’s safety during air travel.
Pet Travel Isn’t Offered On All Southwest Routes
Pets cannot travel in-cabin on international flights or flights traveling to Puerto Rico. However, pets are not allowed on flights in Hawaii, but within Hawaii, pets can travel on flights.
Seating Limitations When Flying With Pets
Passengers with pets cannot select exit row seats or seats without storage space under the forward seat. More details on seating restrictions are listed on the Southwest website.
Flying With Service Animals On Southwest Flights
The airline allows service animals to travel on Southwest for free in-cabin for domestic and international flights. As per the policy, only trained dogs will consider service animals. Before traveling, passengers must:
- Inform the Southwest about the traveling of the trained animal.
- Passengers must carry forms issued by the US DOT for the service animal.
- Assure the service dog is well-behaved during the flight and does not disturb other passengers or the flight attendant.
- Carry all the required equipment to handle the service dog.
Southwest’s Pet Travel Fees Is Charged At Check-In
The airline charges a specific fee for pets traveling with the passengers, and one can pay the price at the check-in counter while checking in. These fares are refundable, and service dogs can travel free of charge in the cabin with the passengers. Thus, Southwest charges a pet USD 95 each way per pet carrier.
Pet Travel Is Fully Refundable
The airline pet policy for in-cabin pets allows refunds on pet booking. If passengers have to cancel their booking and do not book it again, they can ask for a refund. Passengers can also visit the airport to process the refund.
How To Add A Pet To Your Southwest Flight?
Passengers can add a pet to their reservations in advance by contacting Southwest Airlines via Phone Call. A pet travel fee shall be applicable. Passengers can also request Southwest for pet travel through social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or the airline’s social care team. One can direct message for adding the pet to the booking by providing their ticket confirmation number to a live representative. It is one of the fastest modes for adding a pet to the booking.
If social media doesn’t work out for you, you can always contact Southwest’s Reservations Team for requesting pet travel on your next flight. Once your booking is completed, further modifications can be made through the Southwest Airlines Manage Booking facility.
Does Southwest Airlines offer Cargo Service for Pets?
Southwest Airlines does not allow pets to travel in cargo. If passengers want to travel with their pets, they can bring them to the cabin. Wherein only small domestic pets are allowed, southwest airlines do not allow larger pets as per the pet policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can pets travel on international flights with Southwest Airlines?
The airline does not allow pets to travel internationally with Southwest Airlines.
Do I need to make pet reservations in advance?
Yes, Southwest requires passengers to make pet bookings in advance as the aircraft has limited space. Therefore, only up to 6 pet carriers are allowed on the flight. Passengers cannot book online for their pets. One has to call the airline support team for the booking.
Which pets are allowed on Southwest Airlines in-cabin?
The airline only allows small dogs and cats in-cabin on its plane, and pet carriers are stored under the passenger’s front seat while traveling with the pet.
What is the price for pets on Southwest Airlines?
Southwest charges a pet USD 95 each way per pet carrier. These fares are refundable, and service dogs can travel free of charge in the cabin with the passengers.
Does Southwest allow pets in cargo?
No, Southwest Airlines does not allow pets in the cargo of the plane. Pets are only permitted in-cabin with the passengers.
What is the Southwest Airlines carry-on pet policy?
Passengers can only carry their pets inside a pet carrier, which should be leakproof and ventilated. Also, the pet carrier should not exceed the size limit of 18.5×8.5×13.5 inches. Only one pet carrier is applicable under a travel ticket with Southwest Airlines. So, passengers can have two small size pets if they can easily fit in one pet carrier.
How can I pay my pet fare on Southwest?
Passengers can pay for the pet fee through a credit card, and Southwest does not accept gift vouchers or travel funds for the payment against the pet fee.
Does Southwest Airlines require pet vaccination or health certificates?
Southwest does not require any pet vaccination or health certificates if passengers travel with their pets.
What is Southwest Airlines’ emotional support pet policy?
The airline has changed its pet policy and does not allow emotional support animals on their flight.
What is the pet policy on Southwest Airlines?
Passengers can only bring vaccinated domestic cats and dogs on flights. Therefore, pets can travel in a cabin under the seat in front of the passenger. Only six carriers per flight are allowed on southwest airlines, and pets are accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Thus, the airline does not permit pets on international flights or flights that include an international flight.