Is it the first time that you booked an award ticket with United Airlines and now you need to make changes to your plan? The reason for your plan change can be related to anything like a medical emergency in your family, the marriage of a close friend, etc. And now you are wondering how to change a United Airlines Award Ticket? You don’t have to stress out because here you’ll get to know each and everything related to the United Airlines award ticket change policy. So, keep reading this blog till the end to get the answers to all your questions.
Updated Guidelines To Change United’s Award Tickets
Here are some of the key specifications which a passenger must know about ‘The Change Award Ticket United Policy.’
- As per the United Airlines award ticket change policy, travelers can make various changes in their flight booking. However, they need to pay the fare difference for their ticket.
- Additionally, the fee for changing award tickets may differ depending upon various factors such as flight routes and the destination of a traveler.
- If the flight of a passenger is eligible to change the award ticket online then, the traveler can make changes in their flight by visiting the official website of United Airlines.
- According to United Airlines flight change policy, passengers can make changes to their award ticket just like other ticket types.
- United Airlines have made many amendments to the ticket price purchased by a traveler and have eliminated the fee for making changes in award tickets.
- You don’t have to pay any fee if you make minor changes to your award ticket.
When Changing United’s Award Tickets Same-Day
- According to the Same Day award ticket change policy, all the members of Premier 1K, Premier Platinum, and Premier Gold can make changes to their award tickets on the same day without paying any additional cost.
- However, all the members of MileagePlus and Premium Silver need to pay a certain amount as a fee for making changes to their award ticket on the same day.
- As per Uniter Airlines policy, passengers can make modifications to their award ticket within 24 hours before their flight departs. However, they need to pay the fare difference between their original and new award ticket.
- Additionally, passengers should make same-day adjustments for the same departure and destination airport. However, if there is a change in the route then they might need to pay a fee for the changes they made.
- Furthermore, passengers should complete their standby changes at least 60 minutes before the departure of their flight.
For further details on changing United Airlines flights, check United Airlines Flight Change Policy.
How Flyers Can Make Changes To United’s Award Tickets?
United Airlines allows travelers to make changes in their Award Ticket by using any online or offline method. If you want to go with the online method then you can visit United Airlines Manage Booking. Otherwise, you can contact the airline executive by dialing their toll-free number.
When Changing Award Tickets Online (via United’s website)
If a passenger is flying with United Airlines and if they have stuck in unavoidable circumstances then they make changes in their award ticket by visiting the official website of United Airlines.
Here are the quick steps to make modifications to an award ticket:
- First, visit the United Airlines website.
- Now, go to the ‘My Trips’’ section of your account and click on the ‘Change Flights’ options.
- After this, enter your confirmations number, Miles number, and your last name
- Now, click on the ‘Edit’ tab to make changes to your itinerary.
- Tap on the ‘Continue’ option and you’ll see a list of new flights.
- Select the most suitable flight as per your preference and pay the fare difference (If any).
Note: The origin and destination of your new flight must remain the same.
Request Modifications To Award Travel Over A Phone Call
If you don’t want to make changes to your award ticket through the official site then, you also have another option which is contacting the airline executive. Here is a simple instruction that you can follow to make changes to your award ticket with the help of an airline representative.
- Dial the toll-free number of the United Airlines assistance department.
- Now, tap on the key to connect with the airline executive.
- Now, share all the necessary information and explain the required changes that you want to make to your award ticket to the airline representative.
- The airline executive will make all the required modifications to your itinerary on your behalf.
- Lastly, make the payment for the modifications (if any).
Note: Make sure that you keep all your required details handy while contacting the airline representative.
Will United Airlines Charge Fee For Award Ticket Changes?
No, United Airlines does not charge any fee for making changes in award tickets. So, you can make a change in your award ticket by visiting the official website or calling the airline executive. However, the fee for redepositing miles after a show depends on the status of a member of United Airlines.
How To Avoid Paying Award Tickets Change Fee?
The fee that is imposed by United Airlines on passengers differs according to their membership status. However, you can follow any of the given strategies to avoid paying the fee for making modifications to your award ticket.
- Passengers can look for a travel waiver to avoid paying the fee.
- Make sure to check out the flight schedule changes from time to time.
- One of the best ways to avoid paying any penalty or charges is to make modifications on the same day.
- You can also use your travel credit card to recover your fee.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Can I make changes to the already booked award ticket on United Airlines?
Yes, you can make changes to your already booked award ticket. However, you need to pay the price difference for the new ticket.
Can I make changes to my United Airlines award ticket free of cost?
Yes, you can make changes to your award ticket free of cost. But you need to make changes within 24 hours.
How many days before I can make alterations to my award ticket?
If you want to make the modifications in your booking then make sure you make all the changes within 24 hours before the flight departs. After this period, you need to pay a certain amount as a penalty.
Can I call a United Airlines representative to make changes to my award ticket?
Yes, you can call the airline representative to make alterations to your award ticket. You can easily find the contact number of United Airlines on their official website.
What is the fee for the United Airlines award ticket change?
The fee for making award ticket changes depends on the membership status of a person. However, the minimum fee for award ticket charge is $25.
Can I change my United Airlines award ticket to another location?
Yes, you can make changes to your award ticket to another location as long as you pay the change fee and fare difference to United Airlines.
What is the best way to avoid paying the United Award ticket change fee?
There are multiple ways that you can consider to avoid paying the award ticket change fee. One of them is to make modifications within the same day.
Can I make changes to my United Award ticket in online mode?
Yes, you can make changes to your award ticket online mode. For this, you need to visit the official website of United Airlines.
How can I call a United Airlines executive to make amendments to my award ticket?
If you want to make amendments to your award ticket then you can call the airline representative on their official number which is 1 (800) 864-8331.
Do I need to pay a fee for making modifications to my award ticket if I am a Premier 1K Member?
No, you don’t have to pay any fee for making changes to your award ticket if you are a Premier 1K member.