Looking to do a name correction on an Avianca ticket? It is a serious concern as the airline can deny you to board the flight. So, to avoid this situation make sure to read this guide till the end. Avianca Airlines has a name correction policy that allows you to change or correct the name on the flight ticket. The airline offers flexibility to its passengers to correct or update their name whether it is due to a misspelling, a change in personal details, or any other necessary alterations. In this blog, you’ll get to know more about the Avianca Name Correction Policy, its rules, process, applicable fees, and more.
Avianca Name Correction Guidelines
If you are booking your flight with Avianca Airlines, make sure to check your name on the flight ticket and on the government-issued ID is the same. As per the Avianca Name correction policy, travelers may denied by the airline to board the flight, if the name does not match their corresponding photo ID. There are certain rules given below that every passenger must know about
- As per the Avianca name correction policy, passengers are allowed for minor name corrections such as misspelled names. This policy also allows the travelers to correct their name due to any legal obligation such as name change after marriage.
- As per the name correction policy, the name on the flight ticket can’t be changed for flight bookings that are already issued.
- Also, your first and last name on the flight ticket and your travel documents are the same to avoid inconvenience.
- However, if you have made any mistake in your name, you can correct it once before your trip.
- Travelers must ensure to request the airline for name correction at least 72 hours before their flight departs.
- Avianca’s name correction policy does not allow you to transfer your ticket to any other different passengers.
- If any traveler corrects their name on their flight bookings, they’ll have to pay the name correction fee and the fare difference. (If any)
- If you have an international flight with Avianca Airlines, make sure to complete the name correction request up to 3 hours before the flight departs. However, if you are traveling within Columbia, passengers need to complete the procedure for up to 2 hours.
- According to the Avianca name correction policy, passengers are eligible to request name correction on those flight tickets that are unused.
- Moreover, Avianca Airlines allows only one name correction request per reservation.
- Passengers can make corrections in the first or last name up to three letters by requesting through the Avianca contact center.
- Additionally, passengers can make any other type of correction by filling out the correction form, and selecting the option ‘Correct Name.’
Note – If you have booked your flight through a travel agency, please contact them directly to make any type of changes or corrections in your bookings.
Documents Required For Name Correction On Avianca Ticket
Here is a list of some important items that passengers may be required to proceed further for a name correction:
- Valid Identification Document: As per the Avianca Name Correction Policy, you need to submit a copy of your valid ID document. This document ensures accurate verification.
- Supporting Documentation– Avianca Airlines might request you present your additional supporting documents to validate your correct name request. These documents can be your marriage certificate or a legal name change document. You need to submit these documents if you want to correct your name due to a change in marital status.
- Ticket Confirmation: Travelers might need to provide a copy of your ticket confirmation to confirm the details of your flight reservation with Avianca Airlines. Also, you’ll need to share your incorrect name that needs to be corrected.
- Contact Details: The airline can also ask you to share your contact details including your email address and phone number to communicate with you, throughout the name correction procedure.
Types Of Name Correction Allowed On Avianca Ticket
Avianca Airlines allows travelers to make specific types of modifications for name correction on flight reservations. There are some different types of changes that are usually permitted under the Avianca name correction policy:
- Correcting Minor Spelling Errors: Avianca Airlines usually allows passengers to correct minor spelling errors in their names. This includes rearranging the order of names or correcting misspellings of names if they were entered incorrectly.
- Correcting Transposed Letters: Under the name correction policy, Avianca Airlines allows travelers to fix errors if the characters or letters were accidentally transposed.
- Updating Prefixes or Suffixes: Flyers can also correct the prefixes or suffixes in their names to ensure a correct representation of names.
- Adding or Removing Middle Names: Avianca Airlines also permits passengers to remove or add middle names if they were omitted or recorded incorrectly.
- Updating Nicknames: Avianca Airlines also allows passengers to correct their proper legal name if they use their nickname instead of their legal name.
It is important to note that Avianca Airlines may have some specific conditions for name correction policy, or fee associated with name changes. Therefore, passengers are advised to read airline policy carefully.
Avianca Name Change Guidelines
Do you want to make changes to your existing flight ticket name? Fortunately, the Avianca name change policy, allows passengers to change the names on their tickets. However, there are some conditions that a flyer must know about the name change policy of Avianca Airlines:
- As per the Avianca name change policy, passengers can make changes to their first or last name by paying the name change fee. But they can make corrections for free if they have made any typing mistakes.
- Furthermore, if you have made a group booking with Avianca Airlines, you must ensure to separate the booking that requires a name change. In addition, you are also required to create a new PNR for that specific booking and then proceed with the name change procedure.
- Passengers can proceed with the process of Avianca name change by sending the details and changes they want to make over the mail.
- Avianca Airlines imposes some charges on those passengers who fail to submit the name change request within the standard time set by the airline.
- Additionally, if you have booked your flight ticket from a third party, you need to contact them to make a name change on your travel ticket.
Things To Note For Name Change On Avianca Ticket
The Avianca Name Change Policy outlines some rules and regulations for making name changes on flight reservations. Here are some of the general guidelines that every passenger must know about the Avianca name change policy:
- Eligibility for Name Changes: Avianca Airlines allows passengers to make minor name corrections including misspellings and typographical mistakes. However, there are some significant changes that are not allowed by the airline, depending on the fare types of the passengers.
- Documentation Requirements: Flyers with Avianca Airlines are also required to share their valid identification documents for making changes to the name of their flight ticket.
- Fees for Name Changes: Avianca Airlines may impose a fee for the name change on the travel ticket. However, the fee for such changes depends upon various factors such as fare type, destination, and the extent of the name change requested by the flyer.
- Process for Requesting Name Changes: Travelers should contact Avianca Airlines representatives first to initiate the name change request. The airline executive will guide you through the name change process, including the applicable fee and the important documents required for the Avianca name change on the flight ticket.
- Timing for Name Changes: Avianca Airlines advises the passengers to request for the name change as soon as possible because making name changes closer to the flight departure date can incur additional fees or restrictions.
Note: Travelers must remember that the Avianca Name Change Policy may have certain conditions subject to change. Therefore, they should reach out to the airline representatives to get accurate details.
How Can I Change My Name On Avianca Ticket?
If you want to correct your name Avianca Airlines offers two methods by which you can correct/change your name. You can correct your name by visiting the official website of the airline or by contacting the airline representatives.
Avianca Name Correction Online
You can make corrections/changes to your name by visiting the official website of Avianca Airlines. You can follow the instructions given below to proceed further to correct your name.
- Firstly, visit Avianca Airlines official website.
- Now, log into your account using your email ID and password
- After this, click on the ‘Avianca Manage Booking’ option to proceed ahead.
- Now, enter your booking reference and your last name in the respective field.
- Hereafter, you can make the required name corrections after selecting your appropriate flight.
- Once you make all the corrections in your name, hit the ‘Confirmation’ tab.
- After that pay the applicable fee to confirm your name correction process.
- Lastly, Avianca Airlines will send you a confirmation email related to your updated ticket details.
Request Name Correction By Contacting Avianca
If you don’t want to make name corrections through the official website, you can seek help from an Avianca representative. Follow the simple steps given below to correct or change the name with the help of Avianca Airlines representatives.
- Firstly, dial the Avianca representative number which is 1 (800) 284-2622.
- Once you get connected with the executive, share your details so that they can fetch to the flight reservation page.
- After that tell them that you want to correct or change your name on the flight ticket.
- After that pay the fee for name corrections.
- Once you make the payment successfully, the airline will send you a confirmation email.
Avianca Airlines Name Correction Fees
Avianca Airlines does not charge any name correction fee if you request it within 24 hours from the date of purchase. However, after 24 hours passengers are required to pay the name change/correction fee to the airline. The airlines impose on passengers for name correction may vary as per different factors. These factors are fare type, destination, and the time of request. So, make sure to consult with the airline executive first to know the exact fee for name correction. In Addition, traveler name correction must be done after the flight reservation. Passengers are also required to share their government-issued ID or passport to request name correction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Avianca allow travelers to change names on flight tickets?
Yes, Avianca Airlines allows passengers to change their name on the flight ticket. You can make changes to their flight ticket by using the manage booking feature.
Can I correct my name on the Avianca Airline ticket?
Yes, you can surely correct your name on your flight ticket with Avianca Airlines. However, you are only allowed to correct up to three characters of your name. Also, you’ll need to pay some charges for making the corrections.
How can I change my name on the Avianca flight?
If you want to correct/ change your name on your Avianca flight ticket then you have two options. One is through the official website and the other alternative is contacting the airline representative.
What happens if my name on the Avianca flight ticket doesn’t match my passport?
If your name on the travel ticket and on the passport does not match there are changes that Avianca Airlines will restrict you from boarding on the flight. Therefore, it is advised to correct or change the name within the time limits.
Can I fly with Avianca Airlines if my name is spelled wrong?
No, you can not fly with Avianca Airlines if your name is spelled wrong on the travel ticket. Also, you are only allowed to correct only 3 characters on the first, middle, or last name.
What if my name is changed after marriage?
If your surname is changed after your marriage, you can submit your marriage certificate to change or correct your name on the Avianca Airlines flight tickets.
What documents do I need for an Avianca name correction on the flight ticket?
If you want to change your Avianca Airlines flight ticket then you’ll required to submit some valid identification documents. These documents are government-issued IDs or passports along with some supporting documents for certain cases like legal name changes.
Can I change my name on the Avianca flight ticket closer to the flight’s scheduled departure?
Yes, you can change your name on the flight ticket closer to its departure. However, changes or corrections made near the flight departure date are subject to additional fees and are more challenging.
Where can I find details about Avianca’s name correction policy?
If you want to know more about the Avianca name correction policy then, you can visit Avianca Airlines’ website. Alternatively, you can get in touch with the airline executive to more about the policy.
Does it matter if your name is spelled wrong on a plane ticket Avianca Airlines?
Yes, it matters if your name is spelled wrong on a plane ticket Avianca Airlines. If your name is written incorrectly on your travel ticket you cannot get through the security at the airport.