Planning to go on a vacation with family or friends, and tickets are costly. Don’t worry; American Airlines have started group booking for at least 10 people traveling together. Not only for vacation, but people who are traveling for conferences and meetings can avail American Airlines Group Travel program at a discounted price than the standard ticket price. The airlines help customize the group for their travel plans during their vacation. Hence, group booking is more nominal than booking the tickets individually. Here are some details about the American Airlines group travel features and benefits.
American Airlines Group Travel – An Overview
Group booking provides many benefits, like booking all the tickets in one PNR, which can prevent the misplacement of any passenger tickets. Therefore, they are secured after paying a small deposit amount while booking. Passengers also get an advantage of group bookings for making changes; no extra charges will be applied.
Guidelines For Group Bookings With American Airlines
- The group should be at least 10 people to avail of a group booking of American Airlines.
- One ticket might be free for booking the tickets on group travel.
- Passengers can book their group travel tickets a maximum of 11 months before the departure date or a minimum of 48 hours after departure.
- American Airlines gives offers for group booking for meetings, conferences, business purposes, or students.
- Before departure, passengers can make any changes free of charge.
- In emergencies, the airline allows to cancel any bookings.
- Travel documentation must follow the government travel requirements.
Benefits of Group Travel on American Airlines
There are many benefits of booking group travel for passengers. Therefore, making any booking, contact the airline to avail the advantages and offers.
Get discounted rates
American Airlines provides discounts for booking a group to bring popularity to group bookings and also for passengers who want to reduce their costs while traveling.
Access to flexible payments
The airlines allow passengers to pay according to their convenience, like if they are paying the entire amount at the time of booking or can pay a deposit amount and the remaining balance later, before the departure date.
Personalized support from airline staff
American Airlines have a group travel desk, especially for helping group booking travelers, that ensures the passengers get complete support and services throughout the booking process.
Passengers are allowed to carry one personal item and a bag with them, and one checked baggage for each passenger while traveling as a group booking.
Related: American Airlines Baggage Policy
Passengers traveling in groups are provided priority check-in to ensure a smooth and effortless airport experience. This way, they can stay together and avoid any unnecessary chaos.
How To Do An American Airlines Group Booking?
Passengers can book their American Airlines Group Travel tickets offline only, you can either request group bookings through the group travel desk or via a phone call.
Through the Group Travel Desk
- Visit the official page of the airline.
- Go to the group and meeting page.
- The phone number and email address for Group Travel Desk are both mentioned on the page.
- Passengers can contact them if they are a resident of the USA and Canada.
By Dialing the Group Travel Phone Number
- Call on the helpline number of the reservation department.
- An executive would connect and raise a request for group bookings.
- Mention the details about the group members, date, time, and destination.
- Pay for the group booking.
Standard bookings can be modified through the American Airlines Manage Booking facility. However, changes to Group Travel can only be done through a phone call.
Restrictions for Group Booking on American Airlines
- Only e-tickets are issued for American Airlines Group Travel tickets.
- Group tickets must be booked through a travel agency or by calling the reservation department of American Airlines.
- According to the secure flight program, flight passenger data has to be given to the transportation security administration. It may include the passenger’s full name, date of birth, gender, and TSA-approved redress number.
- AAdvantage members must save their SFPD to their account by visiting the official website.
- No value tickets are permitted for both zones and confirmed fares for passengers traveling to/from Mexico, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, India, China, Israel, and the Pacific.
- Thus, travel is only allowed on American Airlines, American Eagle, and OneWorld alliance partners only.
How to use special discounts for travel groups?
Passengers traveling in a group booking get many benefits on the fare. However, the feature also offers group traveling from multiple airports to one destination. American Airlines offers special prices for group travel with amenities and fares.
Such prices are available for group bookings
- 1 or more departure airport
- Group of 10 or more people
- Any American Airlines or OneWorld destination
- Any cabin (including premium cabins)
Further Advantages Of Opting For Group Travel
- Adjustable timelines for booking.
- Spontaneous seat assessment.
- To block a booking up to 330 days before the departure date.
- Change one name for free on one ticket 48 hours before departure.
- Refundable tickets.
- The airline holds booking without names till the departure date comes closer.
- Get flight credits for future bookings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change one passenger’s flight on a group booking?
Yes, passengers can make changes in one of the passenger flights, and for that, they have to contact the airline either by calling or going to the reservation desk to split the PNR, as all passengers booking are on one PNR.
How many passengers are required for a group booking?
For group booking on American Airlines, passengers must travel in groups of 10 or more people.
Can I make name changes on the American group booking?
Passengers can make changes in their name for each passenger on the booking until the departure date of the flight.
Is it cheaper to book group tickets?
The airline charges a higher rate for booking a single ticket at a time, but when passengers book a group ticket of 10 or more, the airline offers discounts and benefits to the group.
What do group bookings mean on American Airlines?
The group should have at least 10 people to avail of a group American Airlines booking. One ticket might be free for booking the tickets on group travel. Passengers can book their group travel tickets a maximum of 11 months before the departure date or a minimum of 48 hours before departure. American Airlines gives offers for group booking for meetings, conferences, business purposes, or students.
What is the ticket price for a group booking on American Airlines?
Group booking means when passengers are booking their tickets together of 10 or more people on the same flight. Therefore, the price for group booking depends upon the destination and class type.
Can I use miles for booking group travel?
Yes, passengers can use miles for group booking on American Airlines. There are types of miles according to the travel types.
- Group 1- Executive platinum members.
- Group 2- Platinum Pro members
- Group 3- American Airlines platinum and OneWorld Sapphire members.
- Group 4- American Airlines gold, Oneworld ruby, and JetBlue mosaic members.
How do you book group bookings at the travel desk of American Airlines?
Passengers should visit the official page of the airline. Then, go to the group and meeting page. The phone number and email address are mentioned on the page. Passengers can contact them if they are a resident of the USA and Canada.
What is the check-in process for group travelers?
Passengers traveling in groups are provided priority check-in to ensure a smooth and effortless airport experience. All of them can stay together and proceed to the security check quickly.
What Documents are required while group travel on American Airlines?
All passengers need to show their respective passports and government-issued photo ID proof, and a group booking form might be required for a group.