Not happy with your assigned seat? Are you looking for a seat selection or a seat up-gradation process? No need to worry. United Airlines provides several seat upgrade options for its passengers. From MileagePlus upgrades to PlusPoints upgrades, United Airlines offers passengers flexible options for upgrading their seats. If you are traveling with United Airlines, you probably have landed on the right platform. In this blog, you will get information related to United Airlines Seat Selection, process, fees, policy, sitting options, etc.
We hope you get all your queries clear by the end of this blog.
United Airlines Seat Selection Policy
- Firstly, you should be traveling with United Airlines or dial +1-888-906-0670 for help.
- Secondly, you can enjoy the seat selection policy only if your choice of seat is available.
- However, United Airlines offers complimentary seats to its customer, but if you want to select the seat of your choice, you need to pay for it.
- In case of seat up-gradation in another cabin, it is considered a cabin upgrade.
- Mileage Plus members can enjoy premium seats or even access a Mileage Plus seat range.
Benefits of United Airlines Seat Selection
- With United Airlines, you benefit from selecting your choice of seat.
- Secondly, if you are allotted the middle seat, you can upgrade it to your choice of seat. Therefore, you can select an Aisle or window seat.
- You can also sit next to your companion.
- Fly at your comfort by just paying an amount starting from $9.
United Airlines Seat Selection Fee
- United Airlines provides a very affordable seat selection.
- You just have to pay $9 for your choice of seat.
- In the case of seat up-gradation in another cabin, United considers it a cabin upgrade.
- For cabin up-gradation, you have to pay additional charges for that. call the United helpline at +1-888-906-0670
Types of United Airlines Seat Upgrade
There are four ways to upgrade your seat with united airlines after booking your flight tickets:
- You can upgrade your seats by Signing in to the United MileagePlus account and locating your original booking to request the class upgrade online.
- You can upgrade your seats with United through PlusPoints Upgrades.
- Star Alliance Upgrade Award is another type through which you can upgrade your seat.
- Use your miles to get an upgrade of your seat by signing into your account.
What are the seating options on United Airlines?
The United Airlines Seat Selection features five seating options for their passengers. Such as;
- Economy Plus seats
- Mileage Plus Travel Awards
- Mileage Plus Upgrade Awards
- Premium Seat
- Star Alliance Upgrade Awards
Seat Upgradation via United Airlines Rewards
Through the MileagePlus Upgrade account
You can request upgrades to your MileagePlus seat when upgrading your United Airlines seat. The given steps will assist you in upgrading your seat class through the MileagePlus upgrade account.
- Firstly, sign in to the MileagePlus account. Afterward, choose the advanced search tab, then provide the flight search information.
- Now, you need to select the MileagePlus Upgrade Rewards option to upgrade.
- Then check for available upgrades for your existing flight, or you can also reserve them for later use.
- Lastly, you can request upgrades to your seat through MileagePlus or contact your airline’s customer service team and speak to a booking agent.
United Airlines also allows you to request an upgrade from United Airlines within 24 hours of your scheduled departure at the airport check-in counter. However, United will assign you an upgraded seat depending on seat availability.
Through Plus Points Upgrades
You can use the following steps to request an upgraded seat on United Airlines using PlusPoints Upgrade.
- Firstly, visit the United Airlines’ official website and see the My Trips tab to get your current booking.
- Then click the Upgrade link or call the customer service team to receive your upgrade through live expert support.
Through Star Alliance Upgrade Award
Upgrade your seat to the Star Alliance Upgrade Awards 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- First of all, visit the United Airlines’ official website or call the +1-888-906-0670 toll-free number.
- You can also do it by going to the ticket office and requesting an upgrade.
- But if you plan to travel with your baby on your lap, there is a problem. Some Star Alliance partners do not permit the baby to sit on the traveler’s lap with the upgraded premium cabin seat, so you must call United in advance.
Therefore, with the help of the points above, you can easily upgrade from a United Airlines seat upgrade to a premium cabin, depending on the criteria being met and availability.
Through United Airlines Miles
If you earned a few miles at United Airlines events, you could utilize the miles online to upgrade your United seat without any problems.
- Firstly, go to the United Airlines official website in your browser and then scroll to the ‘my trip’ tab on the homepage.
- Next, provide your reservation code and surname.
- Then, click on the Search tab to get the details of the reservation, and after that, go to the manage booking page and find the Upgrade Reservation link.
- Afterward, follow the instructions on the screen to select the seat for the desired cabin. However, this also depends on seat eligibility and availability.
- Lastly, you will have to pay for the new seat you have selected to confirm your upgrade. Therefore, use miles or cash to verify your seat upgrade.
Further, if you want to know more about how to upgrade seats on United, upgrade costs, or other assistance with seat upgrades, don’t hesitate to contact United’s customer service team and consult an expert. They will undoubtedly help you with your bookings, upgrades, and other related questions.
Who gets an Upgrade first on United Airlines?
If you carry United Premier status, you will be eligible for a seat upgrade, but the higher your status, the more likely you will get a free upgrade or all upgrades. The free upgrade confirmation window is mentioned below for each Premier status.
|Premier Status||Upgrade Confirmation|
|Premier 1K||96 Hours|
|Premier Platinum||72 Hours|
|Premier Gold||48 Hours|
|Premier Silver||Departure Day|
United Airlines Seat Selection or Upgradation Process
- Firstly, visit the official website of United Airlines, which is www.united.com, or through the app.
- Then, connect with the travel agent through which you made your flight booking.
- Or you can visit your nearest airport to connect with the United Airlines representative at +1-888-906-0670.
- You can choose your favorite seat once when buying the flight tickets.
- Seat selection is not guaranteed and could change without notice because of schedule changes and unforeseen events.
- If you want to sit with your companion, you can move to the manage reservations.
- Then cross-check the seat map to confirm the availability of your choice of seats.
- You will be enjoying amenities in the aircraft with in-flight Wi-Fi and unlimited entertainment music apps.
- Lastly, there is no fee required to select a seat with the airlines, but airlines give you an option of preferred seating at $9 for one way.
Speak to a live person at United Airlines and follow the steps given for seat selection and upgradation.
- Contact the United Reservations team at 1-800-UNITED-1 or 1-800-864-8331 to make a seat upgrade through an agent.
- If you still have 24 hours before your flight departure, you are eligible to request your seat upgrade at the airport gate with a United representative or at the airport check-in counter.
Now let us go through some of the frequently asked questions about United Airlines Seat Selection.
How do I choose my seat on United Airlines?
To update the web, log in to your Mileage Plus account and explore your current reservation. Whenever you’re endorsed, you ought to see a choice to recover an update. You’ll be given different options, such as purchasing an update or utilizing miles to get a redesign. Mileage Plus account and explore your current reservation. Whenever you’re endorsed, you ought to see a choice to recover an update. You’ll be given different options, such as purchasing an update or utilizing miles to get a redesign.
Is seat selection free with United Airlines?
No, you cannot select a seat for free with United Airlines; although they provide complimentary seats, that might not be according to your choice.
However, you may take your choice of seat by paying certain seat selection charges.
Does United Economy allow seat selection?
The airline will assign you a complimentary seat before boarding with the basic economy ticket. However, you cannot select or upgrade your ticket as per your choice.
How do I upgrade to first class on United?
With the United Airlines seat selection feature under the United Airlines manage booking option, you can even upgrade your seat after booking.
- Firstly, visit the official website of United Airlines, which is www.united.com, or dial +1-888-906-0670.
- Then, log in with your Mileage Plus account and move to “My Trips.”
- Click on redeem upgrade options.
- The next page will show you a few choices to purchase up to premium cabins.
- Then you have to use your Plus points to select the seat of your choice or pay charges for it.
- Finally, you are done with the seat selection process.
What happens if you don’t select seats on United?
United together (and all aircraft), reserve a few seats and open them at online registration 24 hours before your takeoff. They’ll likewise keep down some for air terminal registration. So no doubt, you will be situated together.
Are United seat upgrades refundable?
Cabin upgrade charges are usually non-refundable, whereas if the ticket for which you pay the upgrade fee is affected due to rescheduling, cancellation, or overbooking, and cannot be settled in the premium cabin on the next flight. However, you can fill out the refund request form to get the fee back that you pay for the upgrade. know more info by calling customer service at +1-888-906-0670.
When can I see the United upgrade list?
Customers on the waiting list will be automatically added to the upgrade list at check-in. Our upgrade system processes request up to 3 hours before departure. At this point, the Gate Agent will process the remaining upgrade requests. If seats are available, we will confirm the upgrade at the time of booking.
Does United offer free upgrades on its international flights?
As per the general rule, passengers will not get any free upgrades when flying on international flights. However, if you get available space, you can upgrade using your miles and out-of-pocket options.
Can United award tickets be upgraded?
United Award ticket upgrades will be processed last after all paid fare classes and the traveler’s Elite Tier status have been processed, but this can happen earlier if there is still space.
How many miles does it take to upgrade on United?
For example, a one-way domestic upgrade within the continental United States costs 7,500 miles to 20,000 miles f. There are some other levels in the meantime. These upgrades also require out-of-pocket costs ranging from $ 0 to $ 250.
On the other hand, it will cost you around 20000 miles plus $550 to Upgrade to business class on international flights from the US to Europe.
How much does it cost to upgrade on United?
If you want to upgrade your seat on United, you need to pay some amount as an upgrade fee. Well, it will only cost you about $125-$350. Please note that the exact amount for a United upgrade depends upon your fare type and destination.