Last updated on January 23rd, 2023 at 10:40 am
Any sudden change in your plans? Instead of cancellations, change your Jetstar flight ticket. The airline allows passengers to make modifications to their reservations. And if you are someone who is not aware of the methods and guidelines for the Jetstar Change Flight, then this blog is for you with all the essential details in it.
Guidelines You Should Remember For Jetstar Change Flight
- The Jetstar Change Flight policy states that flyers can make desired changes to their itinerary only through the official website.
- Passengers who have booked their tickets with Jetstar can make changes within the risk-free window at no cost.
- After 24 hours of booking, passengers who have booked their ticket with Jetstar must pay the Jetstar Change Flight fee.
- The airline doesn’t offer same-day flight change for long-haul flights.
- Passengers who are not sure about their plans should book refundable tickets because the airline doesn’t charge any flight change fee on refundable tickets.
- The airline offers its passengers several changes by paying the nominal change flight fee and fare difference.
24-Hours Cooling-Off Period Policy for Jetstar Change Flight
- As per the airline, passengers who have booked their tickets from the official website or via customer care are eligible to change their flight within 24 hours of the purchase at no cost.
- The airline offers its flyers a 24 hours free change even if a customer has purchased a basic economy or nonrefundable ticket.
- If the passenger has purchased the ticket from a third party or agent, he is not eligible for any changes. But, if you still want to modify your flight, then the airline will charge you the full fare as a change flight fee.
Same Day Jetstar Change Flight Policy
- According to the airline, the passenger should inform the airline 12 hours before the scheduled departure before making any modifications to the flight. Moreover, the airline doesn’t allow same-day change flights for long-haul flights.
- If the airline cancels your flight due to any technical issue or terrible weather conditions, the airline will not charge you the fee for a same-day flight change.
- Passenger has to pay a fee for same-day change flight. Therefore, in a few cases, it depends on the modifications that passengers are making; thus, the airline will charge the whole amount as a Jetstar change flight fee.
- Passengers with a nonrefundable ticket are also eligible for the same-day flight change just by only paying the change flight fee.
- Passengers who have already checked in are not allowed to make changes afterward.
- The airline doesn’t allow any modifications or changes in the flight one hour before the scheduled departure. But, in case of passengers are still making any modifications will be charged with the whole amount of tickets as a change flight fee.
- Under this policy, if a passenger chooses a new flight, the route must be the same and connect to the same airport as the original reservation.
Jetstar Change Flight Fees with Fare Difference
- If the flight changes, the airline will apply the fare differences per flight and passenger.
- In the case of new tickets, if a flyer gets a new ticket at a lower price than the original flight ticket. Then, the airline will not refund the remaining amount.
- In the case of new tickets, if a flyer gets a new ticket at a higher price than the original ticket. Then, he has to pay the difference in fares.
Step-by-Step Guide To Jetstar Change Flight Quickly
The airline offers its passengers various ways to change flights as it is not convenient for everyone to use the official website. So, to make any changes follow any one of the procedures given below:
- Firstly, visit the official site of the airline.
- Secondly, on the homepage, search for the Jetstar manage my booking tab.
- Click on the tab.
- Afterward, fill in your personal details such as booking reference no. and registered email address or passenger’s last name.
- Therefore, the booking reference number refers to the six-character combination of numbers and words that the passenger can find at the top of the confirmation mail that he has received from the airline after booking.
- After entering the details, click on the tab.
- A new page will pop on the screen, and you can make the desired changes to your itinerary.
- Then, click on the change button.
- Afterward, confirm your changes and press the continue button to proceed ahead.
- Now, you will be directed to the payment page.
- Make the payment by paying the fare difference and flight change fee if applicable.
- Lastly, you will receive the confirmation on your registered email ID or contact number.
Via Customer Support
- Firstly, visit the official site of the airline.
- Secondly, on the homepage, search for the ‘Contact us’ option.
- Click on the tab.
- Now, you will be on the call with the airlines.
- Listen carefully to the automated menu to connect with the customer support agent.
- Now, tell your query in detail to the agent.
- The agent will ask for your personal details, such as your booking reference number and last name.
- Now, tell your requirements to the agent so that he can make changes accordingly.
- Afterward, the agent will ask for your confirmation.
- After confirming, make the payment by paying the change fee and fare difference if required.
- At last, you will receive a confirmation on your registered mobile number or email ID.
Jetstar Change Flight at The Airport
It sometimes happens that prevents the passengers from making changes online or via customer support. Then, they can do so at the airport.
For any modifications, passengers can visit the nearest airport ticket counter. The ticket counter agent will help you make your desired changes to the flight. Thus, after making the changes, he will ask you to make the payment by paying the difference in fare and administration change fee if applicable. At last, you will receive a confirmation on your registered mail ID or phone number.
Jetstar Change Flight Using the Self-Serving Kiosk
- Firstly, you have to reach your nearest airport.
- Secondly, look for the Kiosk to make changes to your flight at the airport.
- Then, enter the details to make the desired changes, such as your booking number, registered contact number, and last name.
- Confirm the changes.
- Make the payment to complete the process.
- At last, print your new ticket and the payment receipt.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Do Jetstar offers its passenger a 24-hour flight change policy?
As noted above, Jetstar offers its passengers 24 hours policy for flight change or for making any modifications at no cost. Thus, the airline doesn’t offer any changes to the tickets purchased by a third party.
Q2. Can you change the date of the flight?
Jetstar allows its passengers to change the date of the flight as well as to cancel the flight. The airline only charges a minimal cost to make changes or cancelations, which the passenger has to pay at the time of making modifications.
Q3. What is the Jetstar change flight deadline?
Passengers traveling with Jetstar can make modifications before the check-in gets over for the scheduled departure. Thus, passengers should book tickets through the Jetstar official site or through customer support.
Q4. How much does it cost to change an international flight?
It is free to change an international flight on the same day, but if you are changing your flight beyond the situations mentioned in the change flight policy, then it will cost you from $75 to $500.
Q5. How much does rebooking a flight cost?
Rebooking will cost you from 39 to 175 USD. However, if you change the flight route, the airline will charge you only the fare difference. You can rebook a flight online via the official site, contact a live representative by phone, or visit the airport help desk.
Q6. Do you have to pay to change flight time?
You may need to pay the change flight time fee on the economy fare, but if you have a first-class or business-class ticket, it will be free, and you can change the flight time as many times as you want via the manage booking section before 24 hours of the scheduled flight.
Q7. How many days before we can change flight date?
Passengers are allowed to change flight dates up to 3 days prior to the scheduled flight as many times as they want without incurring any charges. If you delay, you will be subjected to extra charges as per the “Change Flight Policy.”
Q8. What is the process of rescheduling flight?
First, you need to visit the official site, then go to the management section. Log in with your credentials, search for the flight you want to reschedule, then click on the “Continue” button. Then, select the “cancel” or “reschedule” option. Make the changes, then pay the charges.