Are you flying with your pet on JetBlue and not sure about the JetBlue pet policy? Do not worry! You have visited the right page. In this blog, you will learn all the detailed information on JetBlue Pet Policy.
On all international and domestic flights, JetBlue allows cats and dogs to fly in the cabin. However, JetBlue does not allow pets as air cargo and checked baggage. JetBlue allows 4 pets per flight, so you should book your pet in advance by calling or visiting its website under the extras section when booking.
A Brief on JetBlue Pet Policy
You can reserve your pet on JetBlue’s website during your booking. When making a reservation, pets can be included in the Extras area.
- There will be a pet cost of USD $125 for each way.
- Six pets are the maximum allowed per flight.
- Your pet counts as one personal item with an approved pet carrier, and both must fit beneath the seat before you.
- The combined size and weight of the pet and the carrier must not exceed 17″ L x 12.5″ W x 8.5″ H 43.18 cm x 31.75 cm x 21.59 cm (L x W x H) or 20 pounds.
- Are you flying JetBlue Basic fare? You can carry a personal item along with the pet carrier, but carry-on baggage is not allowed.
- Mint does not allow pets.
- Except for certain nonstop domestic flights operated by American Airlines, pets are not permitted on interline or codeshare reservations (regardless of how or where the reservation was made).
- Members of TrueBlue can add a pet to their reservation and receive 300 more points for each flight segment.
- Pets are not allowed on flights to or from London or to Trinidad & Tobago.
JetBlue Pet Guidelines
- Only small dogs and cats are permitted to fly in the cabin in a pet carrier that is certified by the FAA and fits nicely beneath the seat in front of you.
- Each customer is only allowed to carry a single pet.
- Per the Jetblue Pet Policy cargo, and cargo services are not allowed for live pets.
- According to JetBlue’s ESA policy, if your animal smells bad or is not properly cleaned, it won’t be allowed to fly.
- You can book a pet under the extras section during your booking on jetblue.com.
Steps to Book a Pet on a Jetblue Flight
JetBlue offers its passengers options to book their pet on their flight or itinerary.
- First, you must access a booking link provided on the booking page for your new trip with your pet.
- But, if the travelers have already bought their tickets on JetBlue. In that situation, they can buy tickets or add pets to the existing booking by searching for their reservations under the Jetblue Airways Manage booking section on the official website.
- Once you got your flight or itinerary on your screen, tap on the menu and look for the extras option.
- Then, tap on the “Add Pet” button and add a pet to your itinerary.
- Lastly, you need to pay for adding your pet to your reservation.
JetBlue Pet Carrier Policy
- The pet and carrier will count as your carry-on item. Your pet must be able to stand up and move around inside the carrier with ease.
- JetBlue pet carrier size cannot exceed 17 x 12.5 x 8.5 inches or 43.18 x 31.75 x 21.59 cm (L x W x H).
- The weight of your pet and carrier together cannot be more than 20 pounds.
- Carriers should have leak-proof bottoms and be well-ventilated.
- Soft-sided and hard-sided carriers are accepted.
- Containers that allow for possible escape will not be accepted.
- You can only carry one pet in a carrier.
- Pet carriers may be purchased at the airport ticket counter for USD $55.
JetBlue Pet Allowed
As long as they are not on the list of prohibited breeds, do not endanger the safety or wellbeing of other travelers, and are of a size that they can sit at the passenger’s feet or on their lap, JetBlue ESA policy enables well-behaved, clean emotional support pets, animals, and service animals onboard.
The JetBlue ESA policy doesn’t really prohibit cats or dog breeds with short noses from flying, in contrast to other airlines. Snub-nosed dogs and cats, on the other hand, should perhaps be avoided because of their respiratory issues. Emotional support animals are now prohibited by airlines like JetBlue, as we have mentioned due to new travel laws.
Therefore, keep in mind that JetBlue’s ESA policy is now considered to be their pet policy.
JetBlue Pet Fee
- The airline imposes a pet cost of $125 roundtrip for animals traveling in the cabin, in accordance with JetBlue’s ESA policy.
- Live animals are not allowed to be shipped or transported as checked baggage. Only small dogs & cats are allowed on board, and the total weight of the animal and carrier cannot be more than 20 pounds.
- Service animals and animals used for psychiatric purposes are exempt from this cost.
How strict is JetBlue with pet carrier size?
The size of the carrier must not exceed 17″ L x 12.5″ W x 8.5″ H 43.18 cm x 31.75 cm x 21.59 cm (L x W x H). Carriers should have leak-proof bottoms and be well-ventilated. You can only carry one pet in a carrier. In addition, you can add Pet carriers at the airport ticket counter for USD $55.
How can I take my dog on a plane with JetBlue?
JetBlue offers its customers options to book their pet on their flight or itinerary. You need to add your pet to your itinerary before flying on a flight with Jetblue. You must go to the manage booking section to book your pet. Or you can call the representative to book a pet on your flight.
What is the pet fee for JetBlue?
You need to pay a JetBlue pet fee of $125 for adding a pet to your booking. Visit the website and book a pet under the extras section during your booking. You can also add Pet carriers at the airport ticket counter for USD $55.
Are JetBlue pet fees refundable?
The JetBlue pet fee or cost is non-refundable, but you can cancel the booking and use the credit later. To cancel the pet’s booking, call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) before your scheduled departure. If you failed to inform, the airline will forfeit your Jetblue fare price.
Can a 25 lb dog fit under an airplane seat?
The combined weight of the pet and the carrier must not exceed 20 pounds (lbs). If your pet is heavier than 20 pounds or lbs, then it will not be allowed in the cabin.
Does JetBlue allow emotional support dogs?
JetBlue allows emotional support dogs on board in the cabin. However, all service animals must be fully trained. A service animal is an animal that is trained to do chores for a disabled person.
Is JetBlue strict on pet policy?
On all international and domestic flights, JetBlue allows cats and dogs to fly in the cabin. You can carry your pet in the pet carrier approved by the FAA. One passenger can only bring one pet with him.
Do airlines check pet documents?
Mostly, airlines need a health certificate (Certificate of Veterinary Inspection) issued within ten days of your travel. As per Federal regulations, pet must be at least eight weeks old and your pet should be weaned 5 days or more before flying.