There can be circumstances where you may feel to modify the ticket, whether it is a normal or award. However, if you have booked a Flying Blue award ticket and wondering how to change it, then this blog is for you. In both cases, Air France charges the change fee. Flying Blue is the frequent flyer program of Air France/KLM. The program allows one to accrue points easily and redeem them to book low-cost tickets. Moreover, there are many privileges travelers get under the Flying Blue reward program. So, let’s dive into the details of how to change the Flying Blue Air France Award Ticket.
Here Are The Guidelines For Changing A Flying Blue Ticket
- Travelers can make changes to their tickets only if they have purchased them through valid Air France platforms.
- Travelers can make changes to the date, time, and destination.
- Also, Air France permits free changes to the award ticket within the first 24 hours of the booking period.
- Passengers have to pay an Air France change fee for making changes to the Flying Blue Award tickets after the initial 24-hour booking period.
- Moreover, passengers can make Flying Blue award ticket change requests up to the latest check-in time limit.
- Passengers cannot make changes to their flight after the check-in time closure.
- The change in destination is subject to ticket eligibility.
- Also, miles paid for booking award tickets will be credited back to the Flying Blue account and will be used for rebooking.
Are Same-Day Changes Valid For Flying Blue Award Tickets
Passengers may have to make changes to their Air France flight bookings on the same day of departure. They can reschedule their flight to an earlier one or a later one on the same day. But, Air France does not permit same-day flight changes for flight bookings purchased through Flying Blue miles. The same-day flight change service is available only to Flex fare and above fare holders.
Ways To Change Your Air France Flying Blue Award Ticket
You can easily modify your award flight booking by calling Air France or logging into your Flying Blue account. Here is the step-by-step process to make changes.
Request Flying Blue Ticket Changes Over A Phone Call
You can call the dedicated Flying Blue Service number at +33 9 69 39 36 54. The executives are available from Monday to Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM. The executives will respond in English and French language.
- After calling Air France, follow the IVRS instructions to get in touch with the live person.
- The agent will ask about your query.
- You should request them about the change/cancellation of the award flight booking.
- The agent will ask for the Flying Blue account number and other details.
- After that, they will select the flight you want to modify.
- As per your request for an alternate traveling date or flight change, they will find the new flight.
- Now, they will enter all the passenger and contact details.
- In the next step, the executive will rebook you on a selected alternate flight by deducting the Flying Blue miles from your account. Here, you don’t have to worry about the miles used in the previous segment. The airline will transfer back the miles for the previous booking back to your account.
- Also, pay the extra charges for changing the flight.
- After the payment, you can check your new award flight booking.
Change Flying Blue Tickets Online
One of the easiest ways to make changes to your award flight booking is to log in to your Flying Blue account through the Flying Blue website. You can manage all your bookings through it.
- Firstly, sign in to your Flying Blue account.
- Now, you can access all the past and upcoming flights.
- Choose the trip you want to modify.
- After that, select a change option like flight or date.
- Now, enter the new travel dates and hit the search button.
- Select the alternate flight at your convenience.
- Pay the fare difference (if any) with miles.
- Also, pay the flight change fees.
- Hit the confirm button to complete your rebooking.
Make Flying Blue Ticket Changes via Whatsapp or Messenger
Air France is also active on Messenger and Whatsapp. Travelers can connect with the airline’s executive over any one of them and get their issues resolved quickly.
Passengers can chat with the executive and share their concerns about changing their award flight. Similarly, travelers can chat with the agent on Whatsapp.
- Firstly send a Hello to the airline.
- You will receive the following options:
- A – My booking
- B – My Baggage
- C – COVID-19 information
- D – Refund
- E – Claim
- F – Check-in
- G – Flying Blue
- H – Flight Status
- I – Other
- Type ‘G’ and send it back.
- The airline will respond with the following options for Flying Blue:
- A – Forgot password
- B – Claim Miles
- C – Other
- Reply with ‘C’ to Air France.
- The chatbot will connect the traveler with a live person.
- Now, they can raise their concerns and the executive will resolve them quickly.
Flying Blue Award Ticket Change Fee
Passengers with award flight bookings will have to pay a certain change fee.
According to the Air France Change Flight Policy, within 24 hours of issuing the reward ticket, travelers can modify the booking without any penalty.
However, when the flyer decides to change the Flying Blue award ticket after 24 hours, they will have to pay an additional fee of 50 EUR or 56 USD per passenger plus the price difference of your alternate booking.
What is the Deadline for Changing Air France Reward Flights?
Passengers holding the Flex fare irrespective of the cabin class can modify the Air France reward flight booking until departure. Whereas, non-flex holders and award flight ticket holders can change the flight up to the check-in time limit.
If a passenger is looking for changes without additional charges, then they should complete the process within the first 24 hours of booking. Air France does not permit making change requests after the deadlines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the passenger lose his Flying Blue reward points upon changing the flight?
No, the passenger will not lose his reward points upon changing the flight. The airline allows travelers to reuse points for rebooking on an alternate date or a flight.
Does Air France permit to change award flights within 24 hours of booking?
Yes, according to the Air France 24-hour change policy, travelers can change their flight date or destination in the first 24 hours. Moreover, they don’t have to pay any extra fees.
How much service fee does Air France charge for changing the flight?
Air France charges 50 EUR or 56 USD for changing reward flight bookings. The travelers will also have to pay any fare differences for booking the alternate flight.
Can I change my Flying Blue award ticket via phone?
YES. Air France offers a dedicated phone line for Flying Blue members. They can call +33 9 69 39 36 54 and request the executive to make the necessary changes.
How can I change my Flying Blue award ticket for free?
You can change your Flying Blue award ticket for free if you make a request within 24 hours of the purchase of the ticket. There will be no service fee charged for making changes to the ticket as per 24 hours change flight policy.
Can I make same-day changes for Air France award flight tickets?
Air France does not permit passengers to change their Flying Blue reward flight tickets on the same day of departure. It is available only to flex and above fare holders.
How long before the flight I can make changes to my Flying Blue award ticket?
You can make changes to your Flying Blue award tickets till the closure of the check-in timings. After that, you have to contact the Air France executives.
Can I change the date of travel for my award ticket booking?
You can change the date of travel for your Air France award ticket bookings. You can change the travel date up to 24 hours before departure.
Does Air France allow making change requests via Whatsapp and Messenger apps?
Yes, Air France allows passengers to make change requests via Whatsapp and Messenger app. They can chat on the app and follow instructions to process their request.
What are the methods to change the Air France award flight?
Passengers can change their award flight by logging into their Flying Blue account. They can also call the airline or chat with them via Messenger or Whatsapp.