Any sudden happening can cause a change in the flight, yet modifying the changes can be painful and cost a lot of money. Therefore, not anymore; with the Copa Airlines Flight Change Policy, passengers can change their booking without hassle. To know more about the procedure, check the information before making any changes. However, it might charge a flight change fee. Passengers can change the date, time, or even destination. The airline provides the best services and customer satisfaction to all its passengers.
Copa Airlines Flight Change Policy – Key Guidelines
Per the Copa change flight policy, passengers can make changes to their flight without canceling the booking. If a passenger has purchased tickets from Copa Airlines and, for any reason, wants to make some changes, the airline is allowed to modify it. Yet, the airline has some guidelines passengers must follow before making any changes.
- Passengers can make changes in flight until 24 hours after departure.
- Passengers can make changes within 24 hours of booking without paying any additional change in flight fee.
- Therefore, a specific change fee will be applicable if they make changes after 24 hours of booking their flight.
- Suppose Copa Airlines changes the flight for any reason; passengers are not liable to pay a change in flight charges.
- The airline will not allow group reservations or agency ticket changes.
- Changes done are not applicable for tickets purchased with miles redemption.
- The change fee might vary with the original fare. If the fares for new bookings are higher, a passenger must pay fare differences and the change fee.
- Moreover, if the ticket fare for a new flight is lower than the existing one. Passengers will get travel credits for future trips by the airline.
- After the changes in flight, passengers have to select their seats again according to the availability of the new flight.
Copa Airlines Same-Day Flight Change Policy
The airline allows a change in flight on the same day of departure, yet, the origin and destination should be the same. There are some rules for changing flights on the same day.
- Passengers should inform the airlines at least 24 hours before departure.
- Therefore, 2 hours before departure for same-day flight changes in Copa Airlines.
- It is possible to make flight changes by selecting alternative dates while retaining the same ticket class initially purchased.
- Passengers cannot change their flight destination on the same day on Copa Airlines.
Copa Airlines Flight Change Fees
The airline does not charge any change flight fee if the passenger makes changes within 24 hours of booking. However, if the changes in flight are made after 24 hours of booking, particular change fees are applicable. If the airline changes the flight, passengers are not liable to pay any change fees. Thus, the charges for change in flight depend upon the date, destination, time, and fare type.
How To Change Copa Airlines Flights?
Passengers can make changes in flights with Copa Airlines by online and offline methods. Therefore, they can make changes up to 2 hours before departure. And, if the booking is through a travel agency, passengers must contact them to make the changes. To change your flight online, you will be required to visit the Copa Airlines Manage Booking facility.
Change Your Copa Airlines Flight Online via Manage Booking
1. Visit the Copa Airlines website.
2. Enter the passenger’s first and last name with the confirmation number.
3. After login, search the Manage My Booking option.
4. Choose the flight on which you have to make the changes.
5. Select the desired flight according to the choice.
6. Complete the process of changing the flight.
7. Pay for the flight change fee and fare difference if required.
8. After the completion, a confirmation mail will be sent to the mail address.
Change Flight Date or Destination By Contacting Live Person
When passengers have difficulty making changes online, they can contact the Copa Airlines helpline number. The executive would guide the process. Mention the details with your name and booking number. Request them to make the changes in the flight as per your needs. Once the executive makes the changes, please review them. Pay for the flight change fee and fare difference if required. A confirmation will be sent to the mail address.
What Happens If Copa Airlines Changes Your Flight?
Due to some reason, if the airline changes the flight time or date, they would be responsible t provide their passengers with the following alternative flight; however, if a passenger is not comfortable while traveling to that particular time or date. Passengers can claim a refund, and the airline will compensate them with the entire ticket amount.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I change a flight with Copa Airlines?
Yes, the airline allows passengers to make changes to their flights. If passengers make changes within 24 hours of booking, there will be no extra charges for changes.
Can I change my flight date?
Passengers can make changes to their flight date, time, and destination. Therefore, the airline won’t allow any changes if the passenger has made payment through miles or points.
What are the charges for changes in flight on Copa?
The airline charges a specific fee for making any changes to the flight after 24 hours of booking. Thus, the price depends upon the date, destination, and fare type.
How to make changes in flight dates with Copa Airlines?
Passengers can make changes through online and offline processes. In the online process, passengers can visit the official website and follow the steps to complete the changes. In the offline method, passengers can directly call the support team of the airline and request them to make necessary changes on their behalf.
What is the same-day flight change policy on Copa Airlines?
The airline allows a change in flight on the same day of departure, yet, the origin and destination should be the same. Passengers can make changes up to 2 hours before departure but can change only the date or time, not the destination.
How can I change my flight for free?
Passengers can make changes to their flight within 24 hours of booking to avoid an extra fee. Else, one can use credit card travel credits to cover their fees.
What is Copa Airlines’ change flight policy?
The passengers can make changes to their flight within 24 hours of booking with no extra charges. However, if flight changes are made after 24 hours of booking, a specific fee for the change in flight will include. Passengers can change the flight date, time, and destination.
Will I get the same seat after changing the flight?
When passengers make changes to their flight, they may not get the same seat for their new flight based on availability. The originally desired seat may already be booked, and passengers will need to choose a new seat for their new flight.
Will I get compensation if the airline makes the changes?
Yes, the airline will book the next best flight for the passengers if the flight changes because of the airline. Thus, if passengers refuse to travel on the next flight, the airline is liable to compensate them with refunds.
What if the new flight fare is lower than the existing flight on Copa?
If the ticket price for a new flight is lower than the existing flight price, the airline will provide passengers with travel credits for the future, valid for up to one year from the date of issue. Though, if the prices are higher than the current ticket price, the passenger will be liable to pay the fare difference and change flight charges if required.