The airlines are making reforms to provide their passengers with a delightful experience. However, even in the flurry of reforms nowadays, passengers face problems in canceling a flight. Well, it is not the case with Kuwait Airways. Passengers may have to cancel their flight due to unforeseen circumstances, and Kuwait Airways understand these concerns. The new Kuwait Airways Cancellation Policy allows passengers to cancel their bookings without any hassle through various modes.
Whether you are planning to cancel the Kuwait Airways flight or will travel in the near future, the following blog will help you understand the Kuwait Airways flight cancellation policy.
Kuwait Airways Cancellation Policy – Guidelines For Refund
- First and foremost, the Kuwait Airways cancellation policy will be applicable on flight bookings made through the official website or customer service number.
- If the passenger has booked a flight through a third party, they should contact them for revocation.
- The policy is applicable on both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- The airline will charge a cancellation fee depending on the route and fare class.
- In case of multiple flight segments, the cancellation policy will apply to unused portions of Kuwait flight segments.
- Moreover, the travel itinerary containing at most 8 flight segments is eligible to get the benefit of the cancellation policy.
- In case a passenger does not show up, Kuwait Airways’ cancellation policy will apply to all flights in the itinerary.
- If Kuwait Airways cancel the flight due to uncontrollable circumstances, passengers will receive a refund and compensation.
- In case of a change in flight schedule, Kuwait Airways will book a seat on an alternate flight. If the passenger does not find it suitable, then they can cancel the ticket and receive a refund.
- Kuwait Airways flight cancellation refund will take 7 to 10 business days to process back into your original mode of payment.
- Kuwait Airways do not charge any cancellation fees if the reason for cancellation is death, court orders, or medical emergency. However, passengers have to provide proof.
- Passengers can receive a full refund if they cancel the booking within the grace period.
Kuwait Airways 24-Hour Cancellation Rule
Passengers may have to cancel the flight immediately. With the 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers can benefit in that scenario. Kuwait Airways offers a privilege to passengers to cancel their bookings within 24 hours of booking a flight ticket without incurring any cancellation fees.
- However, Kuwait Airways’ 24-hour cancellation policy is applicable on bookings whose booking and departure date is seven days or more.
- The risk-free period cancellation is available to all fare classes, types, and routes.
- However, the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to award ticket and travel credit bookings.
Kuwait Airways Cancellation Fees – How Much Does It Cost To Cancel Flight?
- Kuwait Airways ticket cancellation charges apply per passenger per ticket basis.
- Moreover, the cancellation charges vary according to ticket and route.
- According to the Kuwait Airways cancellation policy, the revocation fees apply to non-restricted fares.
- The Kuwait Airways cancellation charges are $125 for domestic flights.
- On the other hand, the airline charges $200 for canceling all international flight bookings.
- Kuwait Airways ticket cancellation refund will take around 7-10 days.
Flying on Kuwait Airways restricted fares, the airlines reimburse only fees and taxes. However, in case of booking cancellation, it can be a maximum of 15% of the total ticket value.
In case of the sudden demise of a close relative, medical emergency, or law obligations, travelers do not have to pay any cancellation fees. They will receive a full refund after providing the necessary paperwork.
If the airlines use a combination of unrestricted and limited charge policies. The traveler will receive a refund for the restricted fare policy in case of a booking containing a blend of non-restricted and restricted fares.
How to Cancel Kuwait Airways Flight Bookings?
There are multiple ways to cancel the flight booking. Passengers can choose either:
- Official website or app.
- Contacting via phone.
- At the airport counter.
To cancel your flight online, you must visit the Kuwait Airways Manage Booking facility.
Cancel Flight Online via Manage Booking
Here are the steps that a passenger can follow to cancel a flight booking through an official app or website.
- Go to the official website of Kuwait Airways or the app.
- On the home page, choose the Manage Booking option.
- After that, enter the booking reference number and last name to fetch flight details. Passengers can also use a 13-digit ticket number.
- After accessing flight details, choose the ‘cancel flight’ option.
- Passengers will receive the option of receiving a refund in the form of a travel credit voucher or amount to the original mode of payment. The travel credit is valid for one year from the date of cancellation.
- Passengers can also press on the ‘Yes’ tab to read the cancellation policy before confirming.
- Pay any Kuwait Airways cancellation fees if applicable.
- The airlines will send a mail confirming the cancellation.
However, Kuwait Airways’ online flight cancellation feature is not available to all passengers.
- Online Kuwait Airways ticket cancellation is applicable to reservations that only include travel inside the Indian Subcontinent, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and the USA.
- The feature is not available for more than 8 flight segments.
- Online flight cancellation is also not applicable if your booking contains more than 8 persons. Online requests to have Kuwait Airways cancel a reservation are not available for restricted fares.
- Military, government, or group bookings cannot be cancelled online.
Kuwait Airways Cancellation Via Phone Call
Another way to cancel the Kuwait Airways flight booking is to contact the airline’s representative. The representatives are available 27×7 to help you out. Here are the steps to follow.
- Firstly, call on +1-201-582-9200.
- Listen to the IVR menu cautiously and follow the instructions to get in touch with the representative.
- After getting in touch with the executive, ask them to cancel the flight booking.
- The executive will ask for the booking reference number and last name.
- They will fetch the flight details and share the Kuwait Airways flight cancellation policy and associated fees. They will also share the refund policy.
- The passenger has to confirm the cancellation and pay the fees.
- The representative will cancel the booking and share a mail confirming the same.
Request Cancellation At The Airport
Kuwait Airways passengers can also cancel their reservations at the airport desk. Unlike online cancellations, passengers don’t get the privilege of canceling from the comfort of home. They have to visit the airport to cancel the booking.
After that, they must go to the ticket counter to speak with the executive. Passengers have to share the details with a representative to process their flight cancellation request. They will ask for the last name and booking ID. Further, they will explain the cancellation fees and the refund process. The passenger has to pay applicable cancellation charges. The executive will then cancel your tickets when you confirm. The traveler will also receive reimbursements in accordance with the policies.
What Happens If Your Flight Is Cancelled By Kuwait Airways?
Kuwait Airways will contact the passengers as soon as possible by Kuwait Airways if their flight has been cancelled due to bad weather or a technical fault. The airline will then ask passengers if they want a refund or rebook their ticket.
Kuwait Airways will also reimburse you for any flights that are cancelled or delayed. The amount might vary depending on how many hours the flight is delayed. Passengers will not necessarily receive compensation in the form of cash.
The airline may occasionally pay for food, drinks, hotel stays, etc. during lengthy delays.
Due to prolonged tarmac delays, airlines activate the “Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays” to make sure that passengers’ needs are met throughout the wait.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kuwait Airways Covid-19 cancellation policy?
The Kuwait Airways covid 19 cancellation policy is no longer effective. However, under the policy booking between 24th January 2021 – 31st August 2021 can be cancelled without any penalties. It was applicable for both restricted and non-restricted fares.
How much are the flight cancellation fees on Kuwait Airways?
Kuwait Airways charge $125 for canceling a domestic flight. Whereas the airline charge $200 for canceling an international flight.
Can I choose online cancellation of Kuwait flight booking has more than 8 legs?
No. You cannot cancel the Kuwait flight booking through online platforms like apps or the official website which have more than 8 flight segments. To cancel the ticket, you have to visit the airport counter.
What are the ways to cancel Kuwait Airways bookings?
The passengers can cancel their Kuwait Airways flight tickets from the comfort of their homes by using the official website or official app. They can also cancel the booking by calling the airline or visiting the airport desk.
How to cancel the Kuwait Airways flight tickets via call?
Travelers can cancel the flight booking by calling on +1-201-582-9200. They have to follow the IVR instructions to get in touch with the airline’s executive and request for cancellation.
How long does it take Kuwait Airways to refund your amount?
The airline takes 7-10 days to refund the remaining value after cancellation for payments made through debit or credit card. However, for cash payments, it may take up to 20 days.
What is the Kuwait Airways cancellation policy for restricted fares?
Kuwait Airways cancellation policy is applicable on both restricted and non-restricted fares. Passengers can cancel their restricted fare bookings. However, they will receive a refund amount containing taxes. The maximum refund can be 15% of the total ticket value.
What are the restrictions for online ticket cancellation on Kuwait Airways?
Kuwait Airways does not allow online ticket cancellation to flights outside of the Indian Subcontinent, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and the USA. Moreover, if your booking contains more than 8 passengers, you cannot cancel it online.
What is Kuwait Airways’ 24-hour cancellation policy?
Under the 24-hour cancellation policy, travelers can cancel their booking without paying any penalties within 24 hours from the time of booking confirmation. However, the flight departure date should be 7 days or more.
Does Kuwait Airways 24 hour cancellation policy applies to award ticket bookings?
Kuwait Airways does not offer the privilege of risk-free period cancellation to award bookings. Moreover, bookings made through travel credit vouchers cannot utilize the 24-hour cancellation policy.
When does Kuwait Airways process the full refund in case of cancellation?
The passengers can receive a full refund if they cancel their booking within 24 hours of the booking period. The airline can also process a full refund if the passengers cancel their bookings due to a medical emergency, sudden death, or court orders.
What information do you need to cancel the flight booking online?
For processing requests for flight cancellation, passengers will need
- Booking reference number.
- Last name of the passenger.