The ability to cancel a plane ticket is one of the most desired options when it comes to making a travel reservation. So, understanding the airline’s cancellation policy and the online procedure is crucial. It will enable passengers to overcome any challenges they may have while receiving reimbursements for cancellations. Aeromexico understands the concerns of travelers. The Aeromexico cancellation policy is fairly lenient and advantageous in several aspects.
So, if you are looking to cancel the Aeromexico flight bookings, then this guide is for you.
Aeromexico Cancellation Policy – Terms and Conditions
Let’s review the key points of Aeromexico’s flight cancellation policy before processing the request.
- If your travel plans change, you can contact Aeromexico to seek cancellation.
- The cancellation service is available for flights purchased through aeromexico.com, through customer service, at airport counters, or any other official source.
- According to the Aeromexico cancellation policy, for all domestic and short-haul international flights, there is no cancellation fee for First, Business, Premium Economy, or Economy Class tickets.
- If a passenger purchases a flexible or premium ticket, they will get a full refund.
- On the other hand, the Basic and Classic fare ticket holders have to pay cancellation fees.
- However, if a flight is forced to be canceled due to inclement weather or a government travel ban, passengers who pay a Basic or Classic price are entitled to a refund.
- The airline gives a free cancellation up until the conclusion of the risk-free period.
- When the risk-free period is over, passengers with a non-refundable ticket will not be eligible for a refund.
- The Aeromexico flight cancellation policy states that if you cancel your ticket less than three days before departure, you will be penalized with the full amount.
- Passengers are not required to pay a cancellation charge if a cancellation happens as a result of any natural disaster.
- The policy applies to both restricted and non-restricted fares.
- There is no way to receive a refund for non-refundable tickets.
- If the tickets were acquired through a travel agency, you can get refunds by getting in touch with the agency directly.
- Only tickets purchased from a U.S. point of sale are eligible for 24-hour flight cancellation.
- Upon cancellation, Aeromexico offers both digital vouchers and cash reimbursements.
- If you have multiple flight segments, you can request a cancellation for the unused portion.
- The refund would be credited back to the original mode of payment within 7 to 10 business days under Aeromexico ticket cancellation policy.
Aeromexico 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
One of the key aspects of Aeromexico’s cancellation policy is that it offers a risk-free period to revoke your bookings. Here are a few major points under Aeromexico’s 24-hour cancellation policy.
- If you purchase a flight ticket and, for whatever reason, decide to have the flight canceled, you have 24 hours after purchasing the ticket to do so without incurring any extra charges.
- The policy applies to all fare categories.
- However, the flight departure should be at least 7 days ahead.
- The service is only available if the ticket was purchased through one of the following channels:
- Aeromexico official website.
- Customer service.
- Ticket counter at the airport.
- Basic Economy fare and Classic fare tickets cannot be canceled after the 24-hour cancellation window.
- Tickets purchased with miles are not covered by the Aeromexico cancellation policy of 24 hours.
- Moreover, group bookings cannot get the benefit of a 24-hour window.
Aeromexico Covid Cancellation Policy
- Aeromexico suggests testing COVID-19 PCR in labs that are properly recognized.
- It is not necessary to have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result to enter or travel through Mexico.
- Nonetheless, if you are traveling from Mexico to a nation that demands it, you could be required to present a negative test result.
The following will only be included in valid tests:
- Kind of detection test (it has to specify whether it’s an antigen test or a NAAT test).
- The time of sample collection.
- Details about the person’s identity (full name and at least another identifier, such as date of birth or passport number).
- Testing outcomes.
As of January 11, 2022, the COVID cancellation policy for Aeromexico is no longer in effect. The standard pricing regulations will take effect as a result, making the charge exemptions relating to COVID ineffective. You won’t be able to rebook your flight for free, ask for a refund in the form of an electronic voucher for 100% of your paid fare, or seek a return to your original method of payment within a year unless the fare restrictions of your ticket enable it.
Aeromexico Club Premier’s Award Ticket Cancellation
The carrier has a frequent flier program called “Club Premier.” This program’s participants can use their “Premier Points” to buy “Award Tickets.” The airline allows travelers to cancel their bookings.
- The Premier Points used for the redemption as well as any taxes or fee payments will be refunded.
- However, the relevant Club Premier Account will get the repayment as credit.
- Any flights that are exclusively operated with a point of sale in Mexico are eligible for this incentive, both domestic and international.
Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Fees – Cost For Cancelling Flight
When you change or cancel your ticket with AeroMexico, there is a cost that is mostly based on the fare you have selected.
|Ticket Type||Under 24-hour||After the 24-hour||Less than 24 hours before departure|
|Basic||No Cancellation Fee.||Not Permitted||Not Allowed|
|Classic||No Cancellation Fee.||Not Permitted||Not Allowed.|
|AM Plus||No Cancellation Fee.||$200||Not Allowed.|
|Premier||No Cancellation Fee.||$200||$200|
|Premier One||No Cancellation Fee.||No Charge||No Cancellation Fee.|
If you have any of these fares, you can change your flight on Aeromexico without incurring any fees:
- Also, Flexible Classic.
- Flexible Classic Lite.
- Flexible AM Plus.
- Also, Flexible Premier.
- Flexible Premier One.
How to Cancel Aeromexico Flight Tickets?
You may cancel a flight with AeroMexico in a simple and convenient manner online, over the phone, or in person at the airport. Below is comprehensive information on flight cancellation procedures.
Online Process to Cancel the Flight
Here are the quick steps to cancel the flight.
Access the airline’s official website.
2. Go to the Aeromexico Manage Booking option at the top of the webpage.
3. Your screen will provide two alternatives, including those to recover flight reservations and sign in to Aeromexico. Passengers can choose any option.
4. If you choose to retrieve the booking, you will need the booking reference number and the last name of the passenger.
5. Enter the relevant details.
6. Click on the “Search your reservation” tab.
7. The flight details will appear on the screen.
8. Click on the cancellation option.
9. The value of your flight cancellation reimbursement will appear on the next page.
10. To cancel your reservation, click the “Confirm my cancellation” option.
You will receive the confirmation by mail.
Call the Airline Representative to Cancel the Flight
Another way to cancel flight bookings is to get in touch with the representative of the airline.
- To reach Aeromexico customer service, dial the toll-free number.
- The agent may query you following the connection of your call:
- Last name.
- Origin and destination
- Date of departure.
- Ticket number.
- Booking date.
- When fetching your reservation, this information may be helpful.
- Decide which trip you wish to cancel, then ask the agent to cancel the associated airplane ticket on your behalf.
- You could get a full explanation of the cancellation policy from Aeromexico Airlines from the agent.
- Decide a payment method if there is a flight cancellation charge.
- You will receive an email after cancellation.
Visit the Airport Desk
You can cancel a flight reservation at the Aeromexico cancel flight counter at the airport even if it has limited fare regulations.
- In order to help you cancel your flight, the counter agent will need certain information from you, including your last name and reservation number.
- Moreover, ID proof is required for validation.
- You will receive a refund in the original payment method.
Further details on canceling your flight and receiving a refund can be found on the Aeromexico website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What could be the maximum cancellation fee charged by Aeromexico?
After 24 hours from the booking date, Aeromexico charges a maximum $200 flight cancellation fee.
What is Aeromexico’s 24-hour cancellation policy?
Under the 24-hour cancellation policy, the passengers can cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking without incurring any extra charges. However, the flight departure date should be at least 7 days or more.
Can I receive a full refund after canceling the Aeromexico flight?
Yes, you can get a full refund for your ticket after cancellation. If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking, then there will be no deductions. Moreover, if you carry flexible Premier, Premier One. AM Plus, Classic, and Classic Lite there will be no penalty.
Do Aeromexico’s a 24-hour cancellation policy cover Club Premier award ticket?
No, Club premier ticket bookings cannot take the privilege of a 24-hour cancellation policy.
Can group bookings take the privilege of a 24-hour cancellation policy?
No, according to the 24-hour cancellation policy of Aeromexico, group bookings cannot enjoy the benefit of a 24-hour risk-free period.
What are the various ways to cancel Aeromexico flight bookings?
The passengers can cancel the flights via:
- Official website.
- Official app.
- Also, at the airport counter.
- Also, calling the representative.
Which fare type does not have Aeromexico cancellation charges?
First, Business, Premium Economy, and Economy Class cancellation fees on all short-haul domestic and international flights are no longer charged by Aeromexico.
Which fare segments are eligible for a 24-hour cancellation policy?
All Aeromexico’s restricted and non-restricted fares are eligible for a 24-hour cancellation policy.
What information do I need to while canceling the Aeromexico flight?
The passenger will need:
- Booking reference number.
- Last name.
- First name.
- Arrival and departure date.
Can I cancel Basic and Classic fares after tickets after 24 hours window?
No, Aeromexico does not allow basic and classic fare ticket cancellation after the 24-hour window.