Volotea is a budget-friendly Spanish airline founded in 2011. This airline serves its most reliable assistance to more than 76 international and domestic routes. Volotea flights contain only a single cabin, and each passenger will be charged some amount for baggage depending on its type. Undoubtedly, passengers are allowed to carry carry-on (Cabin) luggage, checked Luggage, and additional (excess) Luggage, but they must meet the requirements as per Volotea Airlines Baggage Policy. In this guide, the individual will go through each policy for Volotea Airlines baggage, along with step-by-step instructions to add bags to the reservation.
Volotea Airlines Baggage Policy – Cabin, Checked, & Special Item Allowance
There are several kinds of baggage passengers are allowed to carry in flights. First, if talking about carry-on baggage which is also known as cabin baggage, you can carry them on the flight with you. Carry-on bags should be able to fit under the seat in front of you. However, checked baggage will be transferred to the cargo. If you carry excess baggage, you may need to pay for the additional charges as per Volotea Airlines Baggage Policy. Look below to learn about the conditions of each sort of bag.
Volotea Cabin Baggage Allowance
What Is Cabin Baggage Size, How Many kg. For Volotea Airline allowed? When it comes to packing bags for a trip, such kinds of questions are prevalent that often arise in passengers’ minds. As per the Volotea Airlines Baggage Policy, if the baggage is not meeting the requirements, you must pay for the charges or drop your Luggage at the departure airport. Read out these conditions to avoid getting into trouble at the last minute.
- One Personal Item is free.
- One Carry-on item is free.
- Laptop bags, purses, etc., count as personal items.
- Personal item size – 35 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm
- Cabin Item size – 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm
- Weight, including personal items and carry-on bag – 22 pounds.
Baggage Items Allowed for Free in Cabin
- Small shopping bags
Volotea Checked Baggage Allowance
- No checked baggage is allowed for free.
- Passengers need to purchase checked baggage.
- A Maximum of 5 checked bags are allowed on each passenger.
- The cost of checked baggage depends on the destination, weight, and size.
- Checked baggage size should be at most 70 pounds each.
- A maximum of 110 pounds are allowed for checked baggage.
Special Baggage Allowance – Sports Items and Musical Instruments
- Sports items are also known as special items.
- Passengers need to purchase an extra seat for that particular item.
- Buying an extra seat for a specific item will be cheaper than offline methods.
- Purchasing special items online will cost 60€.
- On purchasing special items via call, it will cost 65€.
- Purchasing a special item at the Airport while check-in will cost you 80€.
- List of Allowed Sports Equipment:
- Scuba Gear
- Et Cetera
- Snowboarding Equipment
- Musical Instruments are also considered Special Luggage.
- Clarinet and Flute are allowed for free in the cabin.
- More than 94 pounds of a musical instrument is not permitted, even as a checked bag.
Volotea Additional Baggage Policy (Extra Item)
- Baggage of more than 70 pounds considers excess or additional Luggage.
- Passengers will be charged 12€ for each extra pound.
- If bags exceed 94 pounds, 132€ will be charged for each pound.
Volotea Airlines Baggage Fees for Additional/Extra Items
As per Volotea Airlines Baggage Policy, the baggage charges may vary. Volotea Airlines Baggage fee for checked items depends on the method you used to purchase a flight ticket. There are three different methods to buy baggage: the official site, via call, or directly at the Airport, and they require different charges. So, check out the table given below to learn about the checked baggage charges.
First Bag Fee
For Second or More Bags
Volotea Airlines Baggage Check In Time by Destinations
As you know that each passenger needs to go through the security controls during check-in, and then they can go for boarding. To avoid the rush at the last minute, reaching out at the Airport 2 hours and 30 minutes before the departure for check-in is better. The airline closes the departure gate 35 minutes before the scheduled flight. Additionally, at some destinations, the check-in desk closes 40 minutes before the scheduled flight for domestic flights and 60 minutes before an international flight. You can also do online check-in via Volotea Airlines Manage Booking section, but you still need to check your bags at the airport.
|Destinations||Check-in desk opens||Check-in desk closes|
|Algeria/Morocco||3 hours prior to departure||60 minutes prior to departure|
|Greece and Italy||2 hours prior to departure||40 minutes prior to departure|
|Palma de Mallorca||2 hours prior to departure||45 minutes prior to departure|
|Other destinations||2 hours prior to departure||35 minutes prior to departure|
What To Do If Volotea Airlines Delayed Or Damaged Your Baggage?
Before leaving the Airport, check your baggage twice. If you find any damage to your bag, you must fill out the Property Irregularity Report. Property Irregularity Report is also known as P.I.R Report. To do this, visit the airport helpdesk and ask the live person to provide you with the P.I.R. report. Submit the report, and the Airport will try to offer you a refund if you are eligible as soon as possible.
Note: As per Volotea Airlines Baggage Policy, the Airline does not offer compensation for any damage to your bag, including Stains, Broken handles, Scratches, Dents, Broken Wheels, etc.
How To Add More Baggage On Volotea Airlines Bookings?
To make it offline, one can use the official website or mobile app to add checked baggage to their reservation online, via call, or at the airport helpdesk. Here are the convenient ways to add baggage at Volotea Airlines.
Add Baggage Online
- Open the Volotea Airlines official website or mobile app on your device.
- Click on Your Booking option and hit on Add Luggage option.
- Review all the baggage policies and again place the cursor on the Your Booking option.
- Hit on the Access Your Booking button.
- Provide your booking number and last name or email address.
- Click on Enter Your Booking Details.
- Choose a reservation and click on add baggage option.
- Provide the baggage quantity, size, and weight.
- Review the details along with the required charges.
- Pay the baggage fee, and your baggage will be added to your reservation successfully.
Add Baggage via Phone Call
- To add Luggage on call, dial the contact number of a live person at Volotea Airlines.
- After listening to the automated voice menu, you will be connected with the live person.
- Ask them to add your baggage to your booking.
- Provide your booking reference number and last name.
- Know about the baggage policy from the experts.
- You will be charged some amount according to your baggage quantity, size, and weight.
- If it is acceptable, pay for the charge, and your baggage will be added.
|Spain||900 670 730|
|Italy||(+39) 0694 502 850|
|France||(+33) 0186 654 360|
|Greece||(+30) 2111 9812 92|
|International calls||(+34) 93 122 62 34|
Additionally, you can visit the Airport helpdesk to add baggage. Just meet with the live person at the Airport and follow the instructions on call.
Frequently Asked Questions
How strict is Volotea with baggage?
Volotea Airlines allows passengers to bring one carry-on and personal item to the cabin. The total weight of cabin items should not be more than 22 pounds, and the weight should be exactly or less than 55 x 40 x 20 cm.
How many bags does Volotea allow?
One carry-on bag and personal items are accessible. Passengers can also bring a maximum of 5 checked baggage, which requires additional charges. Volotea does not allow even a checked bag for free, so you must purchase it by paying the baggage charges. Also, each passenger can only bring a sum of 70 pounds.
What is the permitted Volotea Airlines carry-on luggage size?
At Volotea Airlines, carry-on item size should be at most 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, and personal item size should be equal to or less than 30cm x 20cm x 20cm. If the size of the cabin items exceeds the limit, you will need to check them.
What are the Volotea Airlines sports equipment transport prices?
Sports Equipment is allowed; you can carry them as checked and carry-on items. Per the Volotea Sports equipment policy, total sports equipment size should not be more than 70 pounds, and it will cost you €60 to €80 if it exceeds the requirements.
What is the Volotea Airlines musical instruments policy?
If the size of your musical instrument is 30cm x 20cm x 20cm or less than this, the airline will count it as hand luggage, and you will be allowed to bring it into the cabin for free. But, if it exceeds the requirement as per then Volotea Airlines musical instruments policy, it will cost you €60 to €80 as additional luggage charges.
How do I add baggage to my Volotea flight booking?
It is best to add baggage to your reservation 2 to 5 hours before the scheduled flight. During check-in, you can add baggage via the official site, mobile, app, on-call, or at the Airport. On the official site or mobile app, get into the manage booking tab and choose a reservation on which you want to add bags. After that, click on add bag option and follow the rest of the instructions.
What is the Volotea Airlines Pet Policy?
If the weight and size of your dog or cat meet the requirements mentioned in the policy, you can carry them for free in your hand luggage or in a small carrier that can easily fit under the seat in front of you or over your lap. The total weight of your pet and its container should be at most 17 pounds; otherwise, you will be subjected to additional charges.
What size luggage is allowed on Volotea 10kg?
Each passenger is permitted to bring the carry-on item and personal item with a total weight of no more than 10kg, and the size should be equal to or less than 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm.
Is there a size limit on hand luggage?
Yes, each passenger can bring one hand luggage at most 40x30x15cm. The hand luggage must be able to fit in the upper head bin. If not, the airline will count it as a carry-on item or checked item if it cannot fit under the seat in front of you.
How strict is Volotea with baggage weight?
Passengers can bring one personal item, a backpack, a purse, a laptop bag, etc., and one carry-on thing for free. The total weight of your personal and carry-on items must be at most 22 pounds.
Is Volotea strict with hand luggage?
Volotea Airlines will include the weight of your hand luggage in your carry-on item, and they should not exceed 22 pounds. Your item size should be at most 35 x 20 x 20 cm, and your carry-on item size must be at most 55 x 40 x 20 cm.