Are you planning to escape somewhere around Asia? You can’t afford to miss out on Aeromexico Airlines. Aeromexico Airlines is the flag carrier of Mexico. The base of Aeromexico Airlines is in Mexico City. The airline is a member of the SkyTeam alliance. While traveling with Aeromexico, you need to know about the baggage policy it offers. It’s better to dive into the Aeromexico Baggage Policy for 2024. Before flying around Asia, try to understand the baggage policy. This article will help you to swallow up all the necessary information under the baggage policy.
There is an important point you have to follow up with. While planning a trip with Aeromexico, you need to remember that baggage fees increase during peak travel seasons, such as in summer or winter vacations and other dates like long weekends.
Aeromexico Baggage Policy – Carry On, Checked, And Special Items
The baggage policy varies with different bags. There are two types of bags that come under this policy. They are carry-on bags and checked-in bags. Let’s discuss the policy for both the baggage.
Aeromexico Carry-On Baggage Allowance
On Aeromexico Airlines, all passengers can carry one bag and one personal item. Any assistive devices and garments don’t come under personal items. The bags must be sizes that can be adjusted in the overhead cabin and under the front seat. It should be lightweight so you can put it in the overhead place without help. Therefore, all the bags must follow the baggage policy requirements;
- Mandatory Maximum Dimensions for carry-on bags: 115 cm
- Required Maximum weight limitations for carry-on bags: 22 lb or 10 kg
Aeromexico Checked Baggage Allowance
There are so many airlines having different checked baggage allowances. Like these airlines, Aeromexico Airlines have an allowance that varies based on the destination you are traveling to and from. It also depends on the type of ticket you have a booking. You may pay extra money if you pay for your extra bags at check-in. If you prepay for the extra bags on the airline’s website before your departure, you will save some money. Let’s check out the Aeromexico baggage policy requirements for checked-in bags.
- Maximum Dimensions for checked-in bags: 62 inches
- Maximum weight for checked-in bags: 50 lb or 23 kg
Now the weight of checked-in bags varies with destinations, ticket type, and flight origin.
Flights Premier Class Coach Class
Domestic flight within Mexico: 30 kg 25 kg
To/From USA & Central America: 32 kg – 158 cm(2 bags) 23 kg – 158 cm(1 bag)
To/From Europe: 32 kg – 158 cm(2 bags) 23 kg – 158 cm(2 bags)
To/From South America & Asia: 32 kg – 158 cm(3 bags) 32 kg – 158 cm(2 bags)
To/From Lima: 32 kg – 158 cm(3 bags) 23 kg – 158 cm(2 bags)
|Flights||Premier Class||Coach Class|
|Domestic flight within Mexico||30 kg||25 kg|
|To/From USA & Central America||32 kg – 158 cm(2 bags)||23 kg – 158 cm(1 bag)|
|To/From Europe||32 kg – 158 cm(2 bags)||23 kg – 158 cm(2 bags)|
|To/From South America & Asia||32 kg – 158 cm(3 bags)||32 kg – 158 cm(2 bags)|
|To/From Lima||32 kg – 158 cm(3 bags)||23 kg – 158 cm(2 bags)|
Special Item Guidelines
The policy charges differently for sports and musical instruments. The charges are applicable based on the size and number of seats an instrument covers. The Aeromexico baggage policy says there will be additional fees for some of the instruments. To know the list of such instruments, you must visit the official handle of Aeromexico Airlines. You must pay an extra fee for every seat the instrument covers.
- You can take human ashes by checked-in or carry-on bags. You need a few credentials to take the ashes along, like a death certificate or cremation document original.
- You can take electronic cigarettes, and cigars come under the prohibition list. You can carry them in carry-on bags.
- Charges on musical instruments are; within Mexico travel: $75 and international travel: $150. The maximum height limit for a musical instrument is 1.15 m.
- General charges remain the same for sports equipment. For domestic travel, the cost per item is ($75), and for international travel, the fee per item is ($150).
Baggage Items Restricted By Aeromexico Airlines
So many items are not applicable on board in carry-on bags and checked-in bags. This list of things has no permission to take in flight. Refer to the list here and follow it for your next flight with Aeromexico Airlines.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 comes under the prohibition list.
- Enamel paints and corrosive and acidic substances, including mercury or chlorine solvents, come under restriction onboard.
- Wet batteries and lithium-ion batteries are not allowed on a flight.
- Weapons and firearms come under the prohibition list in the Aeromexico Baggage Policy.
The above list comes under the restrictive items list. You should ensure you don’t carry these prohibited list items in your carry-on or checked-in bags while traveling with Aeromexico Airlines.
Aeromexico Baggage Fees For Oversize, Overweight, and Extra Bags
The distribution of baggage fees is amongst three types of bags oversize, overweight, and extra. These bags come under carry-on baggage and checked-in baggage. Extra charges are applied for bags that exceed the weight, size, and quantity of baggage policy limitations. Let’s discuss bout each one of the bags based on variable charges. Let’s understand the Aeromexico Baggage fee distribution for oversized, overweight, and extra bags.
Oversized Baggage Fees
If your baggage exceeds the dimensional limits of carry-on and checked-in bags under the Aeromexico Baggage policy, extra charges are applicable per bag. The cost depends on the type of flight and destination. For every oversize baggage, there are additional charges. Every bag must follow the size limits the baggage policy sets while planning your travel with Aeromexico. You just visit the official website of Aeromexico. The oversize baggage charges vary with your destination and the type of flight you have your booking. Let’s check out the costs for oversize bags at different destinations.
- Flights within Mexico: $800 per bag (Carry-on & Checked-in bags)
- Flights between US & Mexico: $150 per bag (Carry-on & Checked-in bags)
- Flights between Canada & Mexico: $150 per bag (Carry-on & Checked-in bags)
- Flights to/from Asia: $250 per bag (Carry-on & Checked-in bags)
- Flights to/from Europe: $250 per bag (Carry-on & Checked-in bags)
Overweight Baggage Fees
If your baggage weighs more than the usual weight limitations set under the Aeromexico Baggage policy, you must pay extra charges per bag. The excessive charges are applicable based on your type of flight and the travel destination. Every overweight baggage has some applicable additional charges. You have to pay these charges to board the flight. There are some limitations set for heavy luggage under the baggage policy. You must refer to the policy before planning travel with the airlines. Let’s check out the charges for overweight bags for different flights at Aeromexico.
- On flights within Mexico: $700 per kg (For weight 26-45 kg)
- On flights between US & Mexico: $100 per kg (For weight 23-45 kg)
- On flights between Canada & Mexico: $100 per kg (For weight 23-32 kg)
- On flights to/from Asia: $100 to $200 per kg (For weight 23-45 kg)
- On flights to/from Europe: $100 per kg (For weight 23-32 kg)
Extra Baggage Fees
Like as oversize and overweight baggage, the number of luggage charges extra. The quantity of bags must follow the limitations set under the Aeromexico Baggage policy. It is essential to follow the rules set for the quantity of baggage you must carry on board. This baggage counts both carry-on and checked-in bags. Extra charges will apply to each bag if your bag exceeds the set limitations under the policy. Let’s discuss the fees applicable to extra bags under the baggage policy. The cost of an extra bag also depends on the type of flight and your travel destination.
- Flights within Mexico: $600 (one bag), $1000 (2nd bag), $2200 (3rd & 4th bag), $3300 (5th & 6th bag)
- Flights between US & Mexico: $30 (1st bag), $55 (2nd bag), $180 (3rd bag), $200 (4th to 7th bag)
- Flights between Canada & Mexico: $30 (1st bag), $60 (2nd bag), $200 (3rd bag), $250 (4th to 7th bag)
- Flights to/from Asia: $200 (3rd & 4th bag), $220 (4th to 7th bag)
- Flights to/from Europe: $60 (1st bag), $100 (2nd bag), $200 (3rd & 4th bag), $220 (5th to 7th bag)
How To Add Extra Baggage To Aeromexico Bookings?
You can add extra baggage by directly visiting the official website of Aeromexico. There are two ways to do so, through online and offline modes. You are free to choose any method depending upon your ease and comfort. You can carry forward the procedure to add extra baggage to your booking by following the information regarding both ways. Let’s try to dive through both methods.
Add Baggage Online
You can do it by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also do it through the Aeromexico Manage Booking page, which only requires your reference number on the boarding pass or your ticket. Online is one of the easiest methods; you only need your baggage and ticket information. You have to do the addition 24 hours before the departure.
Offline Method To Add Extra Baggage
You can add extra baggage to your booking by offline method. All you need to do is, visit the check-in counter at the airport. The staff service of Aeromexico Airlines will help you in adding extra baggage. The credentials you need at the counter are your boarding pass, ticket, baggage tags, and, most notably, the reference number on the ticket. You have to do it 24 hours before the departure. Make sure you do it in time to avoid the last-minute hustle.
What If Your Baggage Is Delayed Or Damaged By Aeromexico?
The moment you see that all the passengers got their baggage at the arrivals, you couldn’t find yours. However, the airline ensures that all the passengers must receive all their luggage on time upon arrival. Sometimes, things don’t go as they should due to glitches. Your bags might get delayed or damaged at the airport during this. The Aeromexico Baggage policy will explain the compensation for delayed or damaged luggage. Here you will cover the details and procedure to return your delayed or lost baggage.
Delayed Baggage Rules
- When you know that your bag is delayed, the airline is responsible for it. There is a tracking system with the airlines that help it search for your lost baggage. You need to inform them about it at the airline’s customer service counter.
- You must fill out a PIR to return your delayed baggage at the airline’s customer service counter.
- You must be available at the airport for proper procedure and quick action.
- The passengers must file a claim at the very moment at the airport.
- You must contact the airline for updates regarding your delayed baggage.
Damaged Baggage Rules
- When your baggage gets damaged, the airlines are responsible. It will get the baggage repaired and do the reimbursement.
- The airline is not responsible for the pre-damage to your baggage.
- For the damaged baggage, the airline will compensate with proper negotiation.
- The damaged baggage will go under proper investigation by the Aeromexico staff.
- Passengers can apply for additional insurance for valuable items from the airlines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Aeromexico Airlines reimburse for damaged baggage?
Yes, Aeromexico Airlines is responsible for all the damage caused during the arrival of your baggage. The airlines will also repair or reimburse for all the damage caused to the luggage. You must inform the airline’s customer service and file a claim for your damaged baggage.
How much can you claim for the delayed baggage from Aeromexico Airlines?
For domestic flights, the maximum claim is $3800, based on DOT rules and regulations. It is $1780 for international flights. The reimbursement can be more than this if the airline wants it.
What is the baggage allowance in the Economy class on Aeromexico?
As per Aeromexico Airlines baggage policy, passengers of the Economy cabin class are allowed to bring one carry-on and a personal item onboard for free. However, the baggage limit must not exceed 10kg.
How many bags do you get on Aeromexico?
It depends on the fare type of a passenger. On domestic and International flights passengers are allowed to bring one baggage with a maximum weight of 25/kg. In both domestic and international flights, the maximum surface area of each baggage is 158cm.
How much does Aeromexico charge per checked bag?
According to Aeromexico baggage policy, passengers are allowed to bring two carry-on baggage for free. However, the weight must not exceed 22 pounds combined. Furthermore, the first checked baggage will cost you around $30 and the second baggage will cost you around $55.
Is Aeromexico strict with can carry-on?
Yes, Aeromexico is strict with its carry-on baggage policy. There are certain baggage weight and size limits set by the airline. As per the rule, travelers are allowed to bring standard carry-on baggage in the main cabin with a maximum weight limit of 22 pounds.
Does Aeromexico charge fees for excess checked baggage?
Yes, Aeromexico Airlines charges fees for excess checked baggage. According to the baggage policy, if a passenger is traveling with the USA they are required to pay $30 for first baggage, $55, and $180 for second and third baggage respectively.
Which items are not allowed by Aeromexico Airlines to bring in carry-on baggage?
There are a variety of items that are exempted by Aeromexico Airlines from bringing in carry-on baggage. These items are:
- Sharp objects.
- Large quantities of alcohol
- Guns and ammunition.
- Gel-type candles.
- Self-Defence items.
How much does Aeromexico charge for overweight baggage?
According to the Aeromexico baggage policy, passengers are required to pay a certain amount of fees if their baggage is overweight. If the baggage is overweight by 26-45 kg, travelers are required to pay $7 per kg.
What should I do if I lost my baggage on Aeromexico?
If you have lost your baggage while traveling with Aeromexico then, you should report a file.You can file a report through Aeromexico official website.Once you submit your report you’ll get a tracking number.You can use this tracking number to check the status of your baggage.