Are you traveling with your pet and worried about them flying with you? Do not fret! You are on the right page. In this guide, you will learn detailed information on United Airlines Pet Policy.
For individuals traveling with their pets, reservations can be made anywhere from five days in advance to thirty days in advance. Domestic flights from Canada to Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, and South America, with the exception of Hawaii, accept pets in the cabin.
You can call 1-800-864-8331 for any questions or make bookings over the phone in order to travel more effortlessly and keep your dogs secure.
A Brief About United Airlines Pet Policy
- United Airlines Only flights that are operated by United and United Express are covered by the in-cabin pet policy.
- Domesticated dogs and cats that are at least 8 weeks old are accepted for travel in the cabin on the majority of United Airlines flights, and other pets are shipped separately through the United pet-safe program.
- United Airlines advises passengers to get in touch with customer support as soon as their travel plans are confirmed.
- Domesticated animals can travel with their owners and fits in the kennel that is located under your seat that faces them.
- In order to be accepted by United Airlines, in-cabin pets must be put in a kennel that has been approved, whether it is soft-sided or hard-sided.
- It is possible to travel with both a carry-on bag and a pet kennel. Pets must always be contained in kennels with the gates fastened.
United Airlines Pet Reservations Guidelines
- One should inform the flights that they are flying with a pet in accordance with the United Airlines Pet Policy.
- Reservations can be booked via united.com or by calling 1-800-864-8331.
- Due to the fact that only a certain number of pets are permitted in the cabin of each trip, they anticipate that the traveler will make the bookings as soon as possible.
Steps to Add Pet to Your Itinerary
United provides its passengers with various options to book their flights along with their pets.
- First, find a booking link given on the page for your new journey with your pet.
- But in case, if the passengers have already purchased their tickets on United. In that case, they can add pets to their existing reservations by looking for their flights under the United Airlines Manage booking option on its official site.
- Once you had accessed your flight on your screen, click on the drop-down menu and find the special accommodations option.
- Then, click on the “Add Pet” options.
- Lastly, you will be done with your pet reservation or adding pets to your itinerary.
Pets Allowed in the Cabin of United Airlines
- United Airlines on most flights allow 2 dogs only, so after confirming your travel plans, you must contact the customer support team.
- The United States allows only one pet per passenger in an in-cabin pet container.
- In order to travel with your two in-cabin dogs, a passenger must buy a second ticket.
- It is anticipated that all state entry restrictions to which the United Pet Policy may be applicable will be complied with by the passengers in a responsible manner.
- Passengers who are traveling with their pets or whose pets are traveling alone can book their reservation of pets from 30 days to 5 days in advance. However, you must adhere to all the conditions and guidelines regarding United Airlines’ pet policy. Passengers can dial 1-800-864-8331.
Pets in Cargo
- In order to enhance its pet transportation service, PetSafe, United Airlines has teamed with American Humane.
- The PetSafe program, which provides airport-to-airport transportation for dogs and cats flying to more than 300 destinations, can be used to transport your pet if it is traveling alone or too large to be allowed in the cabin.
- PetSafe can carry animals weighing 2 pounds (1 kg) up to 770 lbs (350 kg). The size of the pet and the place of departure affect the prices.
- Pets weighing not more than 11 lbs (5 kilograms) must be transported from the US to international and domestic destinations for a fee of $201-417, while larger animals between 300 to 770 lbs(136 to 350 kilograms) must be transported for a fee of $963 to 2410.
Carrier Requirements – Size and Dimensions
- Carriers for pets flying with you in the cabin must be hard- or soft-sided. The maximum dimensions for hard-sided carriers are 17.5 x 12 x 7.5 inches (44 cm x 30 x 19) cm, whereas the max. dimensions for soft-sided carriers are 18 x 11 x 11 inches. (46 x 28 x 28) cm.
- In their carrier, your dog can easily stand up & turn around. And for the pets flying with PetSafe, carriers must be roomy enough for the pet to turn around & lie down easily, as well as tall enough to allow your pet to sit and stand without hitting the side and top of the carrier.
- The pet carrier must be made of wood, sturdy plastic, or metal, fastened with the metal bolts and vented correctly. Food and Water bowls must be safely fastened to the interior of the box & approachable from the outside so they may be relaxed without getting out.
- The 700 series crates as well as other crates bigger than 30″ are not eligible according to PetSafe.
- Additionally, passengers should know that United no longer offers or sells carriers at airport facilities.
United Airlines Pet Policy for Fee
- Passengers must pay a fee of $125 for the pet service which you can pay at the booking counter during check-in.
- However, an extra charge may apply to your tickets on flights that have over 4 hours of layovers within the United States or over 24 hours for international flights.
Does United airlines allow pets in cabin?
In order to be accepted by United Airlines, in-cabin pets must be confined in a kennel that has been approved, whether it is soft-sided or hard-sided.
It’s because the carrier must fit under the seat in front of the passenger. And the pet may be able to turn around or stand while inside the carrier.
Is United strict on pet policy?
United Airlines Pet Policy is strict regarding the types of pets that you can carry with you. Particularly, you can travel with cats and dogs, especially those that can fit into specified pet containers.
How much does it cost for a pet to fly on United?
United Airlines charges up to $125 to fly a pet on its flights. Additionally, if you’re adding a layover, then it will charge you an additional fee of $125 for over 4 hours more than for domestic flights, and for internal flights, it should be more than 24 hours.
Can I buy my dog a seat on a United flight?
If the passenger is flying with an additional pet, then United airlines will allow the passenger to buy an additional seat for him/her. However, you need to pay for the extra flight ticket for the dog/cat along with a carry fee of $125.
Can I buy a seat for my dog on an airplane United?
Yes, if you’re taking a second pet with you. If you have more than 1 dog, United will allow you to purchase an additional seat; but, you must purchase a different flight ticket for your pet & pay an extra $125 roundtrip.
How do I add a pet to my United flight?
First, choose “Travel with a Pet” while making your reservation on united.com. Or you can visit My Trips to include a pet on an already booked vacation. The United app does not let you add your pet to your journey. You must pay a $125 roundtrip for your pet to travel with you.
Does United allow pets in cargo?
Only dogs and cats are allowed as flying cargo on United Airlines. On domestic routes within the US, they will also carry small household birds & rabbits in the cabin.
What happens if my dog is too big to fly in the cabin?
For cats and dogs that are too big to fly in the cabin or are flying alone or unaccompanied, United Airlines will fly them in the cargo under the PetSafe Program.