Changes can be made for different reasons, maybe because of your earlier mistakes or the need for an hour. Life is uncertain but doesn’t give you any chance of corrections. But if you have booked your flight with KLM Airlines, you can chill and go through this blog.
In this blog, you will be informed about “How to change name on KLM flights?”
So, your surname might change due to marital status, adding a middle name, or minor spelling errors. Still, there is no need to rebook your flight and pay the cancelation fee. Instead, here are how you can make the changes to your name on your KLM ticket.
What are the KLM Flight name change policies?
- With the KLM name change policy, you can edit your name up to 30 hours before departure.
- You have to hold a KLM airline ticket only to make the changes through the KLM name change policy.
- The airline permits name change only if it matches with your name on your passport. In other words, you cannot transfer your ticket to another person.
- The KLM name change policy mentions that the passengers have to pay a part of the ticket price. It will act as a name change charge for making the changes after risk-free 24 hours.
- Changing passenger names on the same day of departure is not feasible.
- According to the policy, the airline will only consider name change requests for flights with flight numbers beginning with KLM.
- You could not change your name if the booking was made through your travel agents.
- However, the policy does not work on reward tickets. For making the rectifications, contact the customer service providers.
- The tickets with the partner airlines need to make name corrections at least 72 hours before departure.
How to change name on KLM flights within 24 hours?
Like other airlines, even KLM provides free change within 24 hours of the risk-free period after booking your tickets.
Also, if the airline cancels your ticket due to their fault, you will get a full refund.
Going on to the process, you can choose any of your preferable name change methods. Such as;
- Firstly, online- through the Website or dial +1-888-906-0670 for help.
- Secondly, via phone call to the airlines on toll-free no.
- Call your travel agent to make the changes you need.
- Then, you may send an e-mail to the KLM Airlines official mail id.
- Direct message on social media.
Check Also; What is Virgin Change Flight Policy?
How to change name on KLM flight purchased from Website?
KLM Online Name Change Process:-
- Open the official website of KLM Airlines.
- Log in to “My trips” section.
- Then, enter your details.
- Select the ticket to which you want to make changes.
- Enter the details like PNR no.
- Then make the changes you want.
- Confirm the changes you make.
- Make the payment for changes if applicable on you.
- Finally, you will get a soft copy of your ticket on your given e-mail id.
Terms and Conditions;-
- The KLM flights will charge you a change expense for making corrections made external to the approved time limit (sans risk period).
- The KLM name change administration cannot be used within the same day of travel.
- According to the KLM Name Change policy, the traveler can change the organization, first name, and family name. However, they can’t make name amendments on complete names; it essentially implies the name ought to be indistinguishable from the visa reports.
- The traveler can’t transfer the passes to others. Assuming that they do, the KLM relinquishes the full ticket charge.
Check Also; How To Rebook My Lufthansa Flight
How to change name on KLM flights on call?
- To contact with KLM Airlines, you can call on the toll-free no.
- You will be connected with an expert on call.
- Tell the expert about your needs.
- Provide him with all required details like PNR no. and surname.
- Guide them to make the changes you are looking for.
- Then you have to make the payment for the changes, which only is applicable on your ticket.
- Lastly, you will get the soft co[y of your ticket with correction on your e-mail id.
How to change name on KLM flights bought from your Travel Agents?
The policy states that passengers, who have booked their tickets via travel agents, cannot make changes by themselves from the official site. Instead, they have to contact their agent on their own.
Name changes are only authorized if the airline accepts your request. If the airline does not accept your KLM name change application, you must renew the ticket with the necessary changes. visit klm manage booking team or dial +1-888-906-0670 for help.
Check Also; Allegiant Air Change Flight
KLM flights provide their passengers with opportunities to make changes to their ticket lastly before 30 hours of flight’s departure, and that too free of cast.
No. middle names are not mandatory to be on your KLM tickets. However, your name should match the name on your passport and government-approved ID cards.
If you want to contact KLM Airlines call, on the KLM toll-free no. that is
48 hours before your scheduled departure.
· If you have already done the check-in, firstly, cancel it.
· Now open the official website.
· Log in to the “My trips” section.
· Then, enter your details.
· Select the ticket to which you want to make changes.
· Enter the details like PNR no.
· Then make the changes you want.
· Confirm the changes you make.
· Make the payment for changes if applicable to you.
· Finally, you will get a soft copy of your ticket on your given e-mail id.
I hope all your related quarries are clear by now. If not, do check our other related blogs.