Etihad Airways is one of the most exclusive airlines in the world. When it comes to canceling a flight, you cannot ignore the complexity. Thus, if you hold a flight ticket and looking to withdraw your reservation, you may face little hurdles. No worries as the following guide will explain to you the major aspects of the Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy.
Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy
A traveler must understand the key points of the Etihad Airways cancellation policy. Here are some important points.
- The Etihad Airways cancellation policy works on reservations made through the airline’s website, customer care line, or at the airport ticket counter.
- Online cancellation via the Etihad website is allowed for the flights that Etihad Airways operates and promotes.
- Online cancellation is not possible for flight reservations made with cash, check, invoice, or any other non-electronic method of payment.
- No matter the class of services or tariff type chosen, the Etihad Airways cancellation policy includes all forms of fare regulations, both limited and non-restricted.
- Travelers can cancel or exchange unused tickets. The airlines will inform you associated fees if you want to cancel the reservation.
- The Etihad Airways ticket cancellation fee and additional fees can be paid using a debit or credit card.
- Passengers can obtain a full refund if they cancel less than 24 hours after making their reservation and at least 7 days before the departure date. Moreover, you cannot reverse the cancellation request process after confirmation.
- Before canceling Etihad Airways flight tickets, travelers must confirm that their tickets are refundable and have not been used or swapped.
- Moreover, travelers must have used only one credit card for booking tickets issued more than five days earlier.
- You cannot cancel the ticket two hours before departure.
- Etihad Airways charges an extra 10% cancellation fee if a traveler cancels their ticket within 96 hours of the departure.
- The amount of the refund is determined by the tariff regulations in effect at the time the ticket was purchased.
- However, non-refundable ticket cancellations are not eligible for a refund.
- The processing time for the refund and the time it appears on the cardholder’s card or bank statement might range from 14 to 30 business days.
Etihad Airways 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Does Etihad Airways allow cancellation within 24 hours? Etihad Airways offers a grace period for cancellation to its travelers. Only flights booked to or from the United States and Canada are eligible for cancellations under the 24-hour window. As per Etihad Airways flight cancellation policy, if you book a ticket to or from the US or Canada at least 7 days prior to departure and cancel it within 24 hours of booking, you are eligible for a full refund under the 24-hour cancellation policy. It means that there will be no cancellation fees.
When requesting a flight cancellation within 24 hours, you should keep the following points in mind:
- Under the 24-hour cancellation policy, guests in the US and Canada can only get a 100% refund if they make their reservation at least seven days prior to the flight’s departure.
- Both refundable and non-refundable tickets would be subject to the 24-hour cancellation policy.
- When you finish the flight purchase and receive your 13-digit e-ticket number, the 24-hour grace period starts.
- After 24 hours, travelers who want a refund on their reservation must pay 10% of the cost of the ticket as cancellation fees.
- Etihad Airways’ 24-hour cancellation policy is not applicable to group bookings.
- Moreover, you can choose the Etihad Airways flight change option within 24 hours without incurring any additional costs.
Etihad Airways Cancellation Fees
- The flight cancellation charge may apply to your flight purchase, depending on the route and pricing.
- There will be more charges for multiple-segment bookings according to Etihad Airways cancellation policy.
- You will be charged an extra 10% fee if you alter or cancel less than 96 hours before your flight.
- The terms of the purchased ticket’s tariff regulations must apply to the refund.
- In the case of the death of a traveler, fellow passenger, or a member of their immediate family, the ticket cancellation cost will be waived.
- All worldwide service fees and amenities related to booking a flight are not refundable.
- A 100% reimbursement will be given in the case of canceled flights.
- Under the Etihad Airways ticket cancellation policy, a traveler may change their flight as a result of a coronavirus without incurring any fines.
- Moreover, travelers flying to/from Canada and the US can cancel their booking without incurring any charges during the risk-free period of 24 hours.
Etihad Airways Cancelled Flight Compensation
Compensation on cancellation or denied boarding due to unforeseen circumstance
- For flights up to 3,500km – Euro 400
- For flights up to 3,500km – Euro 600
Also, if the arrival time is within 3 to 4 hours of a flight of 3,500km then the compensation will be reduced by 50%.
Ways to Cancel Your Etihad Airways Flight
Etihad provides multiple ways to cancel flight bookings. You can choose any of the mediums to cancel your reservations. Either you can choose online mode, phone, or visit the airport desk.
Online Etihad Airways Cancellation
Here are the easy steps to cancel your flight via browser or app.
1. Open up your online browser and go to Etihad Airways’ official webpage. You may also access the airline’s official mobile app.
2. Click on the “Login” button after entering your Etihad Airlines login information.
3. Click the “Etihad Airways Manage Booking” option.
4. After that, select the view or modify your booking option.
5. Here, you have to access the booking. There are three ways to recover the booking:
- A 13-digit e-ticket number.
- A six-digit booking reference number
- Enter your email address, along with the passenger’s name, birthdate, and last name.
6. Choose the booking you want to cancel.
7. You have the option to modify your entire reservation or eliminate certain travelers or flying segments.
8. You will see the refund value and cancellation fees listed on the screen before cancellation.
9. Click on “confirm cancel request.”
10. You will get an email confirming the cancellation of your flight.
Etihad Airways Cancellations via Phone
Here are quick steps to cancel the Etihad Airways flight via phone:
- Dial the toll-free number to speak to a live person at Etihad Airways.
- After getting in touch share the request for flight cancellation.
- Provide the flight’s information, including passenger details.
- The representative will share the cancellation fees and other information.
- You should seek a flight cancellation if you are okay with paying the cancellation fees associated with your travel ticket.
- Pay the necessary cancellation charges and confirm your booking cancellation.
- You will receive a text or email informing you of your cancellation.
Visit the Airport Desk
Online tickets are also amendable and cancellable at the airport counter. Passengers should go to the counter or agency if they have a ticket that was purchased straight from the airline or through a travel agency. The passenger will receive the cancellation reimbursement to their address. In the case of cash booking, a check is withdrawn. If you need to cancel at the last minute, be sure to submit the request no later than three hours before departure time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much cancellation fee does Etihad Airways charge for canceling a flight in less than 3 days?
If you are canceling a flight 96 hours before flight departure, then you have to pay an additional 10% of the original cancellation fee.
How can I cancel my Etihad booking without incurring any fees?
You can cancel your Etihad ticket without incurring any extra charges. The first 24 hours after the booking allows you to cancel it for free. There is no restriction on the fare type and every passenger can avail of this benefit. However, you must have booked your tickets 7 days before departure.
What is Etihad 24-hour cancellation policy?
As per Etihad’s 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers traveling to and from the USA and Canada can cancel their tickets within 24 hours of booking without any extra fees. There will be no cancellation charges and they will receive a full refund.
How can I cancel my Etihad flight booking?
You can cancel Etihad flight bookings by visiting the official website, through the app, calling Etihad Airways customer service, or visiting the airport counter.
What are the criteria for online cancellation of Etihad tickets?
Flight reservations booked with cash, check, invoice or any other non-electronic form of payment are not eligible for online cancellation. Moreover, online cancellation is available for flights that Etihad Airlines operates and advertises.
What details do you need to make a cancellation request on Etihad flights?
You will need
- Booking reference number.
- Passenger last name.
- Email address.
- 13-digit e-ticket number.
- Card details.
How long will it take to reflect your refund after canceling Etihad bookings?
Etihad Airways processes your refund within 7-14 days for online payment bookings. However, if you have paid cash then it will take more days to reflect in your account.
Can I get my money back if I cancel my flight Etihad?
Yes. If you are eligible for the refund, Etihad Airways will transfer the actual amount of your flight ticket in the original form of payment. To know the refund eligibility, when you start the flight cancellation process, the refund policy will pop up on your screen. Read out the refund and cancellation policy before going to proceed with the process.
Can I get a full refund if I cancel my flight within 24 hours?
24 hours is a risk-free period. If you cancel a flight under this timeframe then you will be eligible to claim a full refund. You can apply for a refund via both online and offline processes. For online, visit the official site, and click on the Etihad Airways Manage Booking tab. Log in to this section and click on the flight on which you want to claim a refund. After the cancellation process, you will be asked to fill up the refund form. complete the refund form and click on the submit button. For offline, dial the official toll-free number or visit the airport directly.
How do I know if my flight is refundable?
Before starting the flight booking process, you will see all the policies displayed on your screen. In the written policies, it will also be mentioned whether your flight ticket is refundable or not.
What are the cancellation charges in Etihad Airways?
If you cancel your flight ticket within 96 hours of the departure time then you will be required to pay AED150.
Does Etihad give a full refund?
Etihad Airways provides a refund for those reservations made at least 7 days prior to the departure and canceled within 24 hours of purchasing the flight ticket.