Air travel has become part of our day-to-day life; nearly 500,000 people travel alone every day by air in the US. Therefore, it is pretty predictable that a large number of people are in need of amending their flights.
Nobody likes waiting on call for hours to do something that should take five minutes. Virgin Airlines agree with you. Thus, they have created a system that allows passengers to interact and change their fares on demand, called the Virgin Manage Booking.
What is Virgin Manage Booking Option
- Firstly, visit the official website for Virgin Airlines or dial +1-202-982-2463
- Then click on My Booking, and select the booking retrieval criteria.
- After that, fill in the booking details.
- Reference/eTicket Number
- First Name
- Last Name
- Then click on the arrow icon.
*The website will now browse through its database and retrieve your reservation.
- View Booking Information – In short, passengers can look up their reservations using Virgin Manage Booking.
- Select Seats – In case a passenger forgets to select their seats during booking. They can do so through manage booking, for a small fee.
- Change Flight Date – This feature allows passengers to change the date of their departure & arrival.
- Cancel Flight – In case a passenger changes their plan or does not wish to travel anymore. They can cancel their flight & apply for a refund.
- Refund – In case a passenger cancels their flight, they can apply for a refund or travel funds.
- Additional Baggage – In case a passenger’s baggage weighs more than their fare allows. They can purchase additional baggage allowance through Virgin Manage Booking.
However, in order to use any of these features, you need to access your booking through the Virgin Manage Booking Page.
Check Also; Qantas Manage Booking
A Step-By-Step Guide to Seat Selection
- At first, access the Virgin Manage Booking section.
- Then, open the booking for which you want to select the seats.
- After that, click on Select Seats.
*Then, the website will take you to the seat selection map.
- Choose the seat you prefer and click on continue.
- Lastly, put in your payment information & and complete the payment.
Change of Plans? Change Your Flight
- Firstly, retrieve your booking through manage booking.
- Secondly, click on Change Flight.
- Thirdly, click on the edit icon next to the travel dates & choose the dates you prefer.
- Lastly, click on continue & pay any charges (if there are).
Check Also; Volaris Name Change Policy
How to Cancel Your Flight & Claim a Refund?
- Firstly, go to the official Virgin Airlines website or call the virgin helpline at +1-202-982-2463.
- Secondly, click on My Booking.
- Thirdly, enter your reservation details
- eTicket/Reference Number
- First Name (Middle Name Included)
- Last Name
- Once your booking is retrieved, click on the reservation you wish to cancel.
- Then click on Cancel Booking & follow the instructions to complete the process.
- At first, visit the official Virgin Airlines website, and take your pointer over Help.
- Then click on Contact Us. Once the page is open, scroll down and select Contact Forms.
- After that, locate and select Refund Form, scroll down & click on Claim a Refund.
- Then fill in your details:
- Contact Information
- Booking Information
- Lastly, click on Confirm and then on Send.
*Subsequently, Virgin Airlines will contact you via email on the progress of your refund.
A Guide to Buy Additional Baggage Allowance
- Firstly, access your bookings through Virgin Manage Booking. Then select the reservation for which you want to buy additional baggage.
- Secondly, locate and click on additional baggage.
- Then select the number of additional allowances you need and complete the payment.
Check Also; Delta Airlines Manage Booking
Virgin Manage Booking Policies
- Firstly, manage bookings can only cancel bookings made via the website or service center.
- Secondly, there is a cool-off period for fares. That is to say, tickets canceled within 24 hours of booking are fully refundable. Regardless of them being refundable or non-refundable.
- Also, discounted tickets are non-refundable.
- Refundable Ticket
- At first, the full fare amount is refunded, including fees & taxes.
- In case of a multi-segmented flight, you can refund any unused portion of the fare. However, depending on the restrictions, Virgin may charge you a fee.
- Non-Refundable Ticket
- Passengers can claim a refund for unused portions of their fare. However, a $32 fee will be charged from the refund amount.
- In case of expiration of a passenger, or a close family member, there will be no administrative charge for the refund.
- Most importantly, passengers with non-refundable fares are advised to purchase travel insurance.
- Virgin Airlines allow seven to ten additional baggage per passenger.
- Also, the Virgin baggage weight limit depends on your fare type.
- Economy/Premium Class – 23 Kilograms/Passenger
|Bag 1||Bag 2||Bag 3||Bag 4|
|Economy Light||$60 – $75||$100||$200||$200|
|Economy Classic & Delight||None||$100||$200||$200|
|Customer Care Centre||Phone No: +1 800 862 8621|
|Special Assistance||Contact Form|
|Sales Department||Phone No: +1 866 325 7723|
Check Also; Copa Airlines Manage Booking
Frequently Asked Questions
In short, yes, you can cancel your booking and apply for a refund if your fare is eligible for it. However, your refund amount and any charges depend on factors like:
· Type of Fare
· Time of Cancelation
In order to check your flight status with Virgin Atlantic,
· Firstly, visit the official Virgin Atlantic website or contact the virgin helpline at +1-202-982-2463.
· Then, click on Flight Status, put in your travel information, and click on search.
o Date of Departure
o Flight Number/Travel Locations
· Lastly, select your flight to see its status.
In short, the booking reference number is provided with the booking confirmation email or the eTicket on your registered Email ID.
Mostly, the flight number is given in the eTicket or the booking confirmation mail.
The Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is a premium subscription to the airline. That is to say, members of this club can earn flying miles that can be used to book flights. Also, they can transfer these points and get better deals on fares than passengers who are not a member of this club.