Last updated on November 24th, 2022 at 12:03 pm
Have you been concerned about your child traveling alone on spirit airlines? Well, you don’t need to worry. Spirit Airline takes care of the child during the traveling moment & provides extraordinary service in the most flexible ways. In this post, you will read the all-basic step of the Spirit Unaccompanied Minor policy and its term & conditions. You don’t need to panic if your child travels alone. There is a provision that children can travel at certain ages, and the airline introduced the essential point to travel with a child in traveling time.
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy – Points To Remember
Do you allow your child to travel alone on spirit airlines? If yes, then you need to understand all the significant factors of the Spirit Unaccompanied Minor Policy. And look at the term given below.
- As per the Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy, children under fourteen years old are not allowed to travel alone on international flights.
- In addition, travelers need to show their ID while boarding.
- Those parents are coming to drop their children off to get public authority-checked door passes. They also stay with their child for around 15 minutes.
- Unaccompanied minors allow to pre-board. But if children get late to pre-board & they will take board toward the end.
- All you need to carry is essential details before reaching the airport & following the term & conditions.
- As per Spirit Unaccompanied Minor Policy, you need to know at what ages minors can travel alone. If you do not know the exact ages to travel, visit the official spirit website for accurate information.
Keep noted these terms & conditions in mind that help you in the traveling moment. In case you are having any issues, connect with the spirit airlines customer service team.
Ways To Book Spirit Airlines Flight for a Child Traveling Alone
Steps To Book A Flight For A Child via Official Site – Online Method
- Visit the www.spirit.com website.
- Choose the booking type, such as one-way or multi-way.
- Enter the child’s details like date, destinations, etc.
- Then you need to choose several children.
- Go to the find & search flight button.
- Click the continue button to book a flight for a child or other details.
- Select the flight & fill in all information related to unaccompanied minors.
- After doing all these steps, you need to click on confirm button and book a flight for the child.
Book A Flight For Unaccompanied Minor via Talking To A Live Person At Spirit – Offline Method
- You can book a flight ticket for a child through the customer support team.
- Firstly, you need to call Spirit Airlines Customer Service and connect with a live representative team.
- Follow the IVR Instucuture while booking ticket time.
- Subsequently, you need to follow the IVR rules & click the associate with the live individual.
- When you connect with the spirit airlines team, you want to share your booking details with a representative group to book minors’ tickets.
- You can add one additional service to buying a ticket.
- Lastly, pay specific fees to book a flight ticket for minors.
Spirit Unaccompanied Minor Fee: Charges for Obtaining Amenities for Your Child
Are you looking to make reservations for minors & seek to learn about Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor fees in the most reliable ways? You need to follow the below points, which are unaccompanied minors’ details.
- You must pay USD 100 to every passenger for the Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors.
- You must pay a USD 200 charge for Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy help.
- The Unaccompanied charges also depend on what type of ticket you have purchased.
Connect with spirit airlines’ customer support team to get accurate details of Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Fee as per Spirit Unaccompanied Minor policy.
Things To Know When Letting Your Child Travel Alone
At The Airport
- Adults need to drop their children at the airport early.
- Carry a Photo ID of your kid with you.
- Ninety minutes before departure, you need to reach out to the check-in counter.
- At the destination airport, you need to fill out the unaccompanied minor form.
- Your child must carry this form throughout the journey.
- Collect your pass at the ticket counter.
- Once the plane has departed, let the legal guardian know that your child will be picked up.
- Your unaccompanied minor will be pre-boarded by Spirit Airlines flight staff.
- A flight crew will frequently check on your child.
- Your kid will be positioned near the flight crew.
- The responsible adult receiving your child during the flight must be reachable by phone.
At the Final Destination Airport
- Arrive early at the airport.
- Get a gate pass at the Spirit Airlines customer service desk to pass through the security checkpoint.
- Bring a valid ID with you when you meet the kid at the gate.
- Get there before the flight is scheduled to arrive at the gate.
- An airport worker will take your infant out of the aircraft and give them to the chosen parent.
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Terms & Conditions
As per unaccompanied minors’ terms & conditions that all the children are not permitted to travel alone; there are a few ages limitation to traveling alone; below, I’ve mentioned at what age a child can travel alone hassle-free.
- Children under four years old & younger are not permitted to travel alone as unaccompanied minors term conditions. The airline allows under 15 years of age to travel alone.
- Children between 5 to 15 years can be traveling alone as unaccompanied minors if anyone doesn’t need to travel with an adult at least 15 years old. The unaccompanied minors can travel directly on flights & will not entitle to any charges.
- Fifteen years old & older don’t need unaccompanied services, but they need to show their birth certificate to verify ages & pictures if they requested services. They will pay a specific charge for Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors.
Apart from this, if you made the reservation for your kid and made a mistake while filling out the booking form, you can visit Spirit Airlines Manage Booking option. Here, you can fix the error and change information from the previous booking.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to book an unaccompanied minor online?
Yes, it is possible to book a flight ticket with spirit airlines for minors online. You need to select the date & time as well as destinations for traveling.
At what age can minors travel alone on spirit airlines?
Children aged around 5 to 14 allows traveling with unaccompanied in terms of conditions. And 15 years old can travel alone without any restriction.
How much are the spirit unaccompanied minor charges?
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors fees are approximately $150 each way.
Do I need to arrive at the airport early?
If you are picking up any minors, you need to arrive at least 30 to 60 minutes before the scheduled landing time.
Can a 14-year-old travel alone on spirit airlines?
As per minors’ policy, children can travel between 5 to 14 years under unaccompanied minors.