Anyone can easily customize the ticket change process. Southwest Airlines offers a very smooth procedure for changing flight tickets in minutes. You don’t have to spend too much effort making changes. Changing your ticket date under Southwest Airlines’ policy will not result in penalties. Southwest Airlines’ flight change policy allows passengers to change flights 10 minutes before their scheduled departure. Read this blog thoroughly, and get the answer to ‘How Do I Reschedule My southwest Flight?’.
In this guide, you will learn:
- Firstly, how do I reschedule my Southwest flight on the website or through the app?
- Secondly, some important points need to be considered when changing the flight time or date.
- Thirdly, Southwest Flight Rescheduling policy by calling the helpline at +1-888-573-3166.
- Then, Southwest Flight Rescheduling Fee.
- Lastly, some FAQs to get more insights about rescheduling.
How do I Reschedule My Southwest Flight On the Website?
- To start the online process, first, you need to visit the official Southwest Airlines website and log in to your account using one of your favorite browsers. You will need to enter your username and password to log in to your account.
- You can also skip the registration process and go directly to www.southwest.com and make any necessary changes to your flight.
- Once you get access, visit the “Cancel” field on the official website homepage, and a new page will appear on the screen asking you to enter your personal information.
- Then enter the confirmation number with all required details, including the passenger’s name, and proceed to the procedure.
- Please enter the correct name and booking number of the person who booked the flight. Unfortunately, if you forget your reservation code, you can either go on a trip booked with your Southwest account or check the confirmation email you received when booking your ticket.
- Once you have entered all the required information, your flight booking will be displayed. You must select a specific flight to make the necessary changes.
- As you change your flight, you can access this panel in the left column of the screen and choose to change your flight round trip or one-way.
- Then, enter all the details, make necessary changes and submit them appropriately.
- Lastly, you will get an email with updated flight details at the email address you specified as confirmation when booking your flight.
Check Also; How to Reschedule My United Airlines Flight
How Do I Reschedule My Southwest Flight Through Mobile App?
Have you recently booked with Southwest Airlines? But can’t you fly because of meaningful work? You can then easily change the flight date on Southwest Airlines App. However, this can only be done under Southwest Airlines’ date change policy, and everyone must follow it. Steps to change flight dates in the Southwest:
- Firstly, download the Mobile app of Southwest Airlines and then sign in with your credentials.
- Now, go to the Manage booking section or dial +1-888-573-3166 for help.
- Afterward, enter your booking number and name in the space provided.
- Then, click the Next tab.
- Lastly, select the flight whose date you want to change and follow the given instructions onscreen on your phone and change the date of the flight.
Important Points – How Do I Reschedule My Southwest Flight?
You can easily reach Southwest Airlines’ customer agent by dialing the contact number provided and contacting them by phone. They are easily accessible and well trained. They will guide you through simple steps to change your ticket in minutes and help you do the same.
If you buy your ticket online, you must follow the simple online process by keeping in mind some of the important points listed in the following content:
- Cancel your flight ticket at least 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- A fantastic Southwest Airlines policy allows passengers to make changes for free under the “No Fee Change Policy.”
- If you need to change your flight ticket and booked by phone, you cannot change your ticket booked by phone online, so you only need to change it by phone.
- You can change your flight ticket as many times as you like for free up to 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
Check Also; How to Reschedule Delta Flight
What is the Southwest Flight Rescheduling Policy?
The rescheduling policy will tell you the solution for “How Do I Reschedule My Southwest Flight?”. It is also the best way to know how to avoid unexpected fees. For example, if your flight booking is canceled, you should reschedule your flight.
- You can reschedule your flight by contacting the Southwest reservation team at +1-888-573-3166.
- On the other hand, if you missed your flight, you can also reschedule your ticket. The rescheduling policy will save you lots of time and effort.
- However, you need to pay the rescheduling fee if applicable on your ticket type.
- In addition, you must pay the fare difference between your original fare and the new fare.
- Significantly, you don’t have to pay charges if you have a premium fare or elite status.
- Additionally, you can request standby and reach the airport 2 hours prior to your flight’s scheduled departure.
Southwest Flight Rescheduling Fee
Changing flight dates always depends on the fare type or route depending on the availability of the flight. Southwest Airlines may not charge you for changing the date of your flight, but in a sense, you must pay the Southwest Airlines change fee by following airline rules and restrictions:
- Southwest Airlines charges $50 to $100 for domestic flight date changes.
- At the same time, International flight date changes will cost from $150 to $200, depending on the ticket type.
Furthermore, if you have additional questions regarding Southwest Airlines ticket change policies, flight date changes, or fess, please contact Southwest Airlines’ Customer Service Team for immediate assistance with flight rescheduling and related questions.
Southwest knows that plans change; that’s why they do not charge any fee if passengers change their minds. However, if they change their flight, they must pay the fare difference.
If you have downloaded the mobile app of the southwest, you must open it and go to the manage my booking section, then click on the change button. If you are not logged in to your account, provide your booking number to fetch your booking. After that, selecting an outbound flight will let you change the departure airport.
Southwest’s Business Select and Anytime fares fall under the refundable category. Considering that passengers cancel their tickets 10 minutes or more before their flight’s scheduled departure, they can always choose to get the refunds to their original payment mode or in their Travel Funds which they can use when purchasing a future flight.
According to Southwest airlines policy, the passengers can make same-day changes to their bookings from their flight’s departure. However, the passengers should change their flight until 2 hours before their flight’s scheduled departure.
Yes, passengers can change their flight bookings up to 10 minutes before the flight’s scheduled departure, even if they have checked in already. Meanwhile, dial the helpline at +1-888-573-3166 if a passenger is changing his ticket within 24 hours of flight departure, he must check-in for his new flight after making the change.
Passengers can quickly reschedule their flight by following the online process. Or even they can download the Southwest mobile app and make desired changes to their bookings in no time.